Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUE JUN 5 - 20:30 - Glenwood Rovers V Boardeaux

• 03-06-2007 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

Venue St Columbas.

right lads, so who have we this week? im there anyway so that is one!

BTW shay, if your going, can i have a drive please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

im bk for this one, so is lepo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

i'm in, #4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm in = 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Ill be there (6)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'm there for this one - 7

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭bugs90

I'm still out with my stupid foot!Should be back for the next one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I am in so that's 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

the lack of numbers is alittle worrying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

des, can you add in anybody from texts as not all the lads are on boards?

shay and keith should be there anyway bringing us to 10. we should be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I be there , cant play atm but can bring my bro and his mate decent players.

Des sent pm, give us a ring on the number

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

Me and John will be there, Keith can't make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 niallnow

Hey lads, sorry not written earlier was away for the weekend. I'll be along tonight. Don't think hippy colm can make it. Anyone driving and going to game from city centre area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

As Simon said, I 'Lepo of Geraghty' will be making my glorious comeback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

thelepo wrote:
    As Simon said, I 'Lepo of Geraghty' will be making my glorious comeback.

Our troubles are over. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Wobbler

niallnow wrote:
    Don't think hippy colm can make it.

Yeah sorry lads not able to make it tonight unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

niallnow wrote:
    Hey lads, sorry not written earlier was away for the weekend. I'll be along tonight. Don't think hippy colm can make it. Anyone driving and going to game from city centre area?

Hey niall, if there's no lift to be swiped we can get the bus, same bus as for 3 rock for a couple extra stops then walk about 15ish mins to the pitch.

Check out this map
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=109671057621255545639.0000011247ff3f95a46ac
    (click on hybrid in the top right to see it properly)

Anyway, will prob be at bus stop by 7 if you want to join me again

Carl (keeper) will be there so we should be ok for numbers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Mikie

I won't make it tonight injury to my back playing in a match on the weekend.

Best of luck.

Cheers,

Mikie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Quball15

hey,

can't make it tonight, have friends over from usa so gotta show them round

A scabby, disappointing 3-2 loss.

After being well on top for the first 5 minutes (when we could and should have been at least one up) we conceded a lame goal to them on the break. Then another poxy goal was given away and then they scored a decent one, leaving us somehow 3-0 down after 10 minutes. I'll take a lot of the blame for that as I made too many changes to the starting defence (i.e. Shay in centre half, Ed in center midfield) and the lack of familiarity caused problems.

Fair play lads for not crumbling at that stage and we looked a far better team once we rejigged it, and the rest of the first half was very much 50-50 with both sides having decent chances.

I think the changes at half-time really improved us, and every one of us, to the man, stuck to the plan in the 2nd half and kept it on the ground to use our width & pace against their height. We were all over them and looked much the better team, and made some great chances, particularly after we went 3-4-3 for the last 15. We deserved at least a draw.

Fair play to John and Colm (one of Anto's mates who all played well) for the goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i cant believe we lost this one, we were all over them in the first 7 or 8 minutes and had 4 decent chances to score. they scored with their first attack, a bad goal to give away. they then scored a similiar goal about a minute later and as jules said, their 3rd goal was a good one. so, despite owning the ball for the first 10 minutes, we were 3-0 down. twas unbelieveable. we had a new look defence and only mikie had played in there for the past few games. once we moved things around a small bit, we got back into the game and from then on, karl in our goal was a spectator.

we had 3 or 4 more chances to get 1 back but the ball just would not go in, with darraghs shot that was inches wide from about 30 yards out being the pick of the bunch. so despite owning the ball for most of the half, we were 3-0 down.

the second half, we pressed on and again totally dominated and we pulled one back, a great strike from john. we then should got a second but we missed an open goal. we pressed and pressed, went 3-4-3 but still had no luck. we got another one back with about 5 left and at that stage, we were good for at least draw, but they held out, somehow.

last night was the best we played so far and if we won that game 4 or 5 -1 then they would have had no complaints as we gave them a 3 goal start that they didnt deserve. still, all in all, we did very well, we could have rolled over and died after 10 minutes, but we stuck at it and went for it, but just fell short. the fact that they are second in the league shows just how little we need to improve.

Advertisement