Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ISP gprs on meteor

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Fed up trying to get this activated now. Seems to be a different answer everytime. I've been told I have to take my phone to a Meteor store for it, I've been told I need to download the settings from the Nokia site, I've been told I need to change settings on my laptop (I just want it for Gmail on my phone), I've been asked to give my landline number so that they can ring me back on it (which they never do, this has happened twice).

Gonna keep trying though. :(

Any other tips on what to ask for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ring up and after confirming your details says this:

"I'd like to use my phone as a modem to connect to the internet. I'm aware of how this works. I do not want or need any settings. I would like to you provision the ISP settings on my account. If you don't know how to do this please ask your Team Leader who will advise you on getting this done. I'm not hanging up until it's done, this doesn't require a call to a store or any settings for my device.

Again, I know what I'm looking for - kindly add it and add it now".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Sometimes it is easier to get it done by emailing meteor at info.meteor.ie ,just make sure to include your details in the email.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Apologies if its already posted somewhere, but does anyone have the settings for the laptop for using ISP GPRS on a laptop? (Bill Pay)

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

antodeco wrote:
    Apologies if its already posted somewhere, but does anyone have the settings for the laptop for using ISP GPRS on a laptop? (Bill Pay)

Thanks
    this is what a meteor rep sent me in an email before:

For customers to be able to use their phone as an external modem to hook up to a PC or laptop for full Internet access, the guidelines are pretty simple:

* The handset MUST have active GPRS that is working without any problems and
    * The handset method of connection to the laptop or PC must be the same (bluetooth to bluetooth or Infra red to Infra red).
    * They also must be provisioned on the HLR for ISP (internet access).

Meteor support Windowns based operating systems from Win98 upwards (service pack 4 is needed for the Millenium Edition of windows).

Once the handset and the PC/laptop are paired and can 'see' each other, the below step by step guidelines will ensure connectivity.

* When selecting the modem, on a laptop you need to enter the Extra initialisation command.
    * AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","ISP.MYMETEOR.IE" (Note: All higher case and no gaps)
    * You also need the dial up number, which for siemens is *99***1# and *99# for all other phones.
    * There are no dialing rules and no user name or passwordeither.

Below are the general settings for setting up a connection but you probably have these yourself:

First Pair up your handset and your computerusing your bluetooth/I-R software, then follow the steps below:

* Menu> Programmes> Accessories> New Network connection Wizard
    * Connect to the Internet
    * Set up my Connection Manually
    * Connect using a dial up modem
    * Select Desired modem
    * Next Name it
    * Type the Phone number *99#
    * Add a shortcut to your desktop
    * Menu> Settings> Control Panel> Phones and Modems>
    * Select desired modem
    * Click Advanced
    * Enter the initailisation string
    * No user name or Password (if you receive a hardware failure then put in 'meteorisp'as the username and password.)
    * Then the phone number *99#
    * UNTICK dialing rules
    * And then youre done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Brilliant, thats what I needed. Same details as GPRS connections on o2, just a different APN! Might be worthwhile to stick it in the settings sticky?

Advertisement