Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Oooops

Options
  • 03-06-2007 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭

I don't think he'll fit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,341 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I don't know that entrance, Victor, but it seems more than wide enough for the truck to fit through? Entrance looks a bit under 3m wide?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The truck would be 2.5 metres wide (excluding mirrors) but it's possible that it's drawing a trailer, making the swing around to enter the gateway more difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

unkel wrote:
    Entrance looks a bit under 3m wide?
    But deduct the gates. He was carrying a generator (flat bed, not trailer) and if he could theoreticly fit he would have to drive straight through from the other side of the road and couldn't do it at an angle.

Of course he should have taken the previous entrance to the building site. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

He's taking that at a wierd angle for starters, and look at the wheel direction. Uselessness.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I don't get it, did he hit the gates or not? How is this picture worthy of a thread?

• Advertisement

He's taking that at a wierd angle for starters, and look at the wheel direction. Uselessness.
    Presumably he swung wide to get the rear lined up and is now reversing slightly to realign the front prior to entering.

(PS - I'm not familiar with the area - just guessing)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Looks wide enough but he should have swung around wider to get in at less of an angle... looks like he needs to be almost straight going through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Thread of the day TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Have you ever driven a truck? How would you straighten up to get a better angle to enter? Would you keep your wheels locked to the left and just reverse and then drive forwards again? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

colm_mcm wrote:
    I don't get it, did he hit the gates or not? How is this picture worthy of a thread?
    Schadenfreude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

only if he actually hit the gate. did he?

Victor wrote:
    Schadenfreude.
    :D
    I take it then Victor that you would have taken great pleasure from an incident I had? I drove an articulated bus down a narrow road only to discover that some workers had dug a trench half way across the road at a bend. There was nothing I could do but reverse back for about a mile on a dark, wet night. I've never sweated so much in all my life. :eek: :(:D

Advertisement