Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless network issues

• 04-06-2007 12:53am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

In the last few days my wireless network has been acting a tad bit strange on a new PC purchased from Dell for my mother. We have UTV Internet who never supplied a wireless router, so we originally connected it to an Access Point so we could connect and get internet. Her old pc used a wireless PCI card I purchased, and it seemed to do the trick. With the new PC, I borrowed a Belkin USB Wireless Adapter from my sister (as I also purchased a USB Adapter with the Router). Since using it on the new PC, the connection stays at "Low" or "Very Low" - and I had to keep "Repairing" the connection to get the internet back working. Then it couldn't see the other wireless network (from my FON Router) and was unable to obtain an IP address from the main one. So I removed the main one, and it eventually picked up the FON Router but is unable to get past the "Connecting to the wireless network" stage.

Iv had problems in the past with a Belkin USB Wireless Adapter and purchasing a new one seemed to do the trick and got me onto the network (same range, but I used the USB extension that came with the Belkin Network Adapter to put it up high, so the range is "Good"). The access point is a Netgear make, and the antenna is barley hanging on (hence, we ordered a wireless router from Komplett) and other people who try to get onto the network cant seem to do so often.

In the mean time, iv taken down the wireless network and connected her directly to the router via cable. Ill troubleshoot the old system tommrow and hope the new system fixes all our problems.

However, id like to know: do these USB Network Adapters actually work? Are the PCI cards better, even tho they are at the back of the PC?

Cheers. :)

Advertisement