Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics Predictions!

Options
  • 04-06-2007 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

Hey hardly anybody seems to be stressing over economics! Really hoping for either supply/demand, elasticity, perfect competition, national income and govt and the economy. need a good B1 in this! anyone else got some predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Pfft.People stress over economics?News to me.Anyways I bet we'll get a question on the following: perfect competition, labour, at least a part of a question on national income (Y=C+G+I+X-M), a part of a question on international trade, a full question on elasticity (hopefully price) and a question on the characteristics of a condumer/good (we'll probably also be asked about utility and the eqi-marginial principle in this question as well).That consumer one is actually quite likely, as I don't believe they've asked anything on the consumer in years.

Anyways economics will be grand.I mean its a short course, with nothing particularly difficult in it, and an easy exam with lots and LOTS of choice (only 6 out of 9 short question and 4 out of 8 long ones).You'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 hynzy

ya perfect competition and labour are safe bets and i heard income elasticity of demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

Yeah I've been putting a lot of work in for Economics and I'm repeating gone from a D to a B so far but really pushing for an A for points. Have a few days between the exams so really goiing hell for leather with it. Thanks for the tips, I seem to be studying around the same lines as ye! I think oligopoly could come up in the shorts, like in the pres.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Oh one more valuable tip.Go through ALL the previous exam short questions (well as many as you can.Check the marking schemes.I think they go back to 2001, although I have all the short questions done as far back as 1991).They ask the same stuff again and again, and since they're worth 25% of the exam, you should really put alot of work into them.

Advertisement