Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun Cabinets

Options
  • 04-06-2007 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

hi all
    i am looking for a gun cabinet full size ,if any one has one for sale arround the midlands i would be very interested thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Go to your nearest Woodies DIY, 11 gun safes for 300 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

If you are in France, You can get lovely 5 gun cabinets for €150 from Castorama.
    All jokes aside you may be there on holidays and have room in the car, when you move the wine aside ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kiwijbob

Go to your nearest Woodies DIY, 11 gun safes for 300 quid.

is it advertised as a gun safe? can't find it on their website?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

have a 3 gun safe but its too small so i got an 11 gun one today in woodies.its a fine safe electronic lock internal lockable space all the gear. but its bloody huge, filled half a fitted wardrobe got it finished before she came home. she went f***ing nuts so just be careful lads.
    fathers day my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

Im lookin for a safe, what you doing with your old three gun?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sixpointfive

see when you say electronic lock, is that a digital type thing? how is it powered? i had a safe with a lock like that and battery went flat, had to get door cut off, luckily it was in garage and not in the house, that would be messy, worh checking before you find out the hard way;)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭the hunter

see when you say electronic lock, is that a digital type thing? how is it powered? i had a safe with a lock like that and battery went flat, had to get door cut off, luckily it was in garage and not in the house, that would be messy, worh checking before you find out the hard way;)

usually the front panel of the digital display comes off .. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

usually the front panel of the digital display comes off ..

Thinking that myself, then you use the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

would you have pics of your guns in the safe
    the foam looked fairly substandard in the shop

i have 3 scoped rofle and it might be overkill for them

where did you buy and how much
    woodies in cork want 300 but i thought they were 250 when i saw them in dublin????

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

got it in Neneagh for 300. its a digital keypad but also has a key for emergencies.its big but it will hold all your gear and some valuables as well.
    sorry no photo's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I bought a 2 gun safe in Telfords, Portlaoise for €200. Key operated. All I need now is a gun to put in it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

I paid 300 for mine in Naas. There is a removable panal which covers a key hole, so its no worries. And finally, there's 4 shotguns, 3 scoped rifles and a scoped air rifle in my safe. I would'nt have room left for anything else. I imagine you could fit 11 shotguns in, but not 11 rifles.

Hezz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Hezz700 wrote:
    I paid 300 for mine in Naas. There is a removable panal which covers a key hole, so its no worries. And finally, there's 4 shotguns, 3 scoped rifles and a scoped air rifle in my safe. I would'nt have room left for anything else. I imagine you could fit 11 shotguns in, but not 11 rifles.

Hezz
    Was that Woodies in Naas? I've been in every Woodies in South Dublin and Wicklow and can't find a safe bigger than about 600mm by 500mm. What's the dimensions of the safe you bought and a model name or reference so I can check if it's in stock. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

fat-tony wrote:
    Was that Woodies in Naas? I've been in every Woodies in South Dublin and Wicklow and can't find a safe bigger than about 600mm by 500mm. What's the dimensions of the safe you bought and a model name or reference so I can check if it's in stock. Thanks.

Up till the week before last, Woodies on the longmile rd/naas rd had the full height gun safes. Was in there on Sunday though, and they appear to be all gone. Is shooting really growing at such a rate or is everyone taking their shotguns out from under the bed and putting them into something more sturdy before the renewals?

I bought a 4 gun safe from Jeffers in Bandon for €240 the 6 gun was €260.
    No electronics just keys.
    There is an internal lockable compartment for other bits and pieces if you want.
    Very well made and deep enough for scoped rifles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

CJhaughey wrote:
    I bought a 4 gun safe from Jeffers in Bandon for €240 the 6 gun was €260.

I got the 6 gun safe from Jeffers for €260. It's an Infac safe. Five point locking key system & seperate locking ammo compartment on top. Perfect for the guns & passports etc.

I have a smaller electronic digital safe (Lexsor €30 any DIY store) mounted for ammo and a pistol cabinet I brought back from the UK, key locking system with seperate locking compartment, holds four pistols, which I am yet to decide on what to do with....

TJ911...

Trojan911 wrote:

I have a smaller electronic digital safe (Lexsor €30 any DIY store) mounted for ammo and a pistol cabinet I brought back from the UK, key locking system with seperate locking compartment, holds four pistols, which I am yet to decide on what to do with....
    TJ911...
    Hmmm I also have a smaller digital safe as well.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Cheers guys, thanks for the info (and pic). I might try ringing a few Woodies - Bandon is a bit of a trip for me!

ps - rang Woodies Head Office. They tell me that they have sold out in all locations and will not be re-stocking this model. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Seamus357

I was in Woodies in Carlow over the weekend. They have one 11 gun safe left, but they have lost the keys for it. They rang around a few other branches and couldn’t find any still in stock. The Woodies gun safes are Chinese, a company called Yongfa. There website is: www.safesworld.com
    I’m not sure if they meet the relevant BS standards.

Advertisement