Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

At this point I think I'd just be happy to see someone being signed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=472502&CPID=8&clid=14&lid=&title=Parry+joins+Blades+fight

Liverpool's Rick Parry has given evidence on behalf of Sheffield United at their Premier League arbitration hearing.

The Blades are looking to earn a top-flight reprieve for next season as they feel West Ham should have been deducted points, which would have seen them avoid relegation.

The Hammers were fined over £5million for their role in the signings of Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano.

A host of Premier League clubs are known to be backing The Blades' appeal - but Liverpool's support has only just emerged.

Sky Sports News learned on Monday that Parry attended the hearing in London and gave evidence on their behalf.

Liverpool are likely to have extensive knowledge on the situation regarding Mascherano and Tevez, as they signed the former in January from West Ham.

Im not sure if this is a good or bad idea with the Tevez deal in mind. If the hammers go down, tevez price might drop, or at least rule out the chance of him staying there. But they probably wont go down, so will west ham/joorabchian be happy to deal with someone who is tried to get them relegated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

If Parry has knowledge of wrong-doing by West-Ham, then of course he should give it.

Purely on the grounds of principle. Adverse affects on our ability to sign the player, if we pursue that would be unfortunate, but should not restrict Parry from doing the right thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

have to see i think that they will go down. and i'll be delighted :)
    come on Carlos ya know ya wanna come to Anfield and play with your mate Masch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

whethere Parry gives evidence against West Ham will have no bearing on us signing Tevez.We will not be signing him,we cant afford him,a host of huge name clubs want him(At the moment we are not classed the same as inter/milan/real/barca and even united).
    Hopefully a title win would change that but for the moment a famous world class player will not join us,take Figo joining Inter instead of us when he left Madid as the example.We get older or relatively unknown outside their clubs players,morientes and alsonso respectively.

raven136 wrote:
    whethere Parry gives evidence against West Ham will have no bearing on us signing Tevez.We will not be signing him,we cant afford him,a host of huge name clubs want him(At the moment we are not classed the same as inter/milan/real/barca and even united).
    Hopefully a title win would change that but for the moment a famous world class player will not join us,take Figo joining Inter instead of us when he left Madid as the example.We get older or relatively unknown outside their clubs players,morientes and alsonso respectively.

Alonso little known outside his club?! are you serious?! He was far from unknown. he was being hunted down by Real Madrid but came to us thanks to Rafa.

Yes other teams are interested in Tevez, but other teams always show some form of interest in any big player who becomes available. It doesnt mean they're going to buy him, or even lodge a bid. Up to this week it looked like Inter would get him, but they've gotten a few more strikers in since, along with Ibra, Crespo, Cruz and Adriano, so they look less likely to go for him. Milan have already said they want Sheva back. Barca haven't been linked too much to them, mostly linked with Henry, and to be honest if they dont lose Eto'o they dont need anyone. Real are the main contenders at this stage id say. We're not favourites to get him, but i wouldnt rule it out. The price obviously drops as less clubs are battling for him.

when alsonso did any of us liverpool fans think wow,we just signed possibly the best passer of the ball in europe or did we think i think i saw him playing for a small team on sky sports spanish coverage recently.Alsonso has turned out to be a gem but was not of the stature that tevez and eto are now.
    Our transfer record is 15mill and we need to break that and the barrier of signing world class players at their peak,thats all im saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Aldini98

Slurms wrote:
    At this point I think I'd just be happy to see someone being signed!

Post of the day - Totally agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Aldini98 wrote:
    Post of the day - Totally agree.

silly attitude - i'd prefer to sign no one then bent or some sub standard player. we already have what it takes to finish 3rd - we need the next step not wasting our money on more of the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The attitude of some fans on this thread is really annoying me to be honest. I think a few people should have a look at their posts in the last week and sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

The attitude of some fans on this thread is really annoying me to be honest. I think a few people should have a look at their posts in the last week and sort it out.

Its the same on Liverpool forums all across the internet. I suppose 17 years without a title is getting more & more difficult to swallow!

its frustration,ill admit maybe i ask too much but its been too long to wait.Our manager comes out and says we need to strike early and we all know his targets but the board do **** all.Its just worrying.

Rafashas players that he has wanted the past 3 seasons and its a hell of a team had he got them,

Dani Alves and Vidic to name but two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

its been too long to wait

It's been only a couple of weeks. If something hasn't happened by next weekend I'd start to get a little bit worried, but the Spanish season is just over. Personally I hope they panic buy, cause if they do, it'll be a waste.

There have actually been very very few big transfers finalized as of yet, even around Europe. The Man Utd 3, Ribery and a couple of others. I have patience and I do believe that there is transfer funds available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

PHB wrote:
    It's been only a couple of weeks. If something hasn't happened by next weekend I'd start to get a little bit worried, but the Spanish season is just over. Personally I hope they panic buy, cause if they do, it'll be a waste.
    Personally, would you ever bugger off out of this thread, you add absolutely zero to it, borderline trolling, nonsensical tirade of supposed football knowledge. A little part of me dies each time I see the last post in this thread made by PHB.

As stated before, this is one of the very few threads which interests me and fellow Liverpool fans, and having to suffer your keyboard warrior barrage in any thread, let alone the 'Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread' is annoying to say the least.

• Advertisement

Personally, would you ever bugger off out of this thread, you add absolutely zero to it, borderline trolling, nonsensical tirade of supposed football knowledge. A little part of me dies each time I see the last post in this thread made by PHB.

Oh grow up, there's a simple option, use the ignore feature.

PHB wrote:
    Oh grow up, there's a simple option, use the ignore feature.
    Well at least you're admitting to trolling, I wouldn't expect anything less from you, the type of fan who can't let something die, always has to get the dig in, any way possible. Well done.

I cringe at some of PHBs posts but I don't think he is trolling at all in this situation. His last post seems fair enough to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

zabbo wrote:

As stated before, this is one of the very few threads which interests me and fellow Liverpool fans, and having to suffer your keyboard warrior barrage in any thread, let alone the 'Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread' is annoying to say the least.

+1, QFT, I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

hopefully there wont be more waiting though, roll on phase 2....
    www.lfc.tv wrote:
    George Gillett has revealed the club is about to enter "phase two" of its summer strengthening process – bringing players in.
    The Liverpool co-owner says securing extended deals for current stars like Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, Pepe Reina and Xabi Alonso was phase one.

Gillett explained: "I sense that kind of pressure building from the media. I think the fans know that we have huge regard for Rafa. He has a number of initiatives and concepts and plans under way.

"We're not going to do something just to try to prove something. I can assure you that we are working on different things.

"The first part was identifying a number of our existing star players whom Rafa wanted to sign on long-term contracts.

"That was the first step and it has been done. Now we're moving on to phase two, which is bringing players in.

"For Tom and me, this really is about trying to win championships, and that takes commitment, no matter what sport.

"We are pleased with Rafa and his strategy. It's not dissimilar to what he outlined to us in February. His belief is to look for players with the proper chemistry to enhance the team.

"We support Rafa. He has a programme under way and, as that unfolds, that will be the time for us to be judged, not now."

Gillett's son, Foster, will arrive later this summer to work with Anfield chief executive Rick Parry.

His father added: "This is a very fast-changing sport, where decisions often need to be made very quickly.

"There was substantial concern on Rick and Rafa's part as to how, with the time differences, we could guarantee quick decisions and communication. This is a way of doing that."

• Advertisement

in relation to phb issue, if a lfc fan was in the united thread as much as he is in this one we would defo be accused of being trolls.

not saying he doesnt add something to it every now and again but i generally don't understand his motivation for being here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Wow! Lads leave off PHB. I think he does make some accurate points that we as LFC fans can't (refuse to) accept.

With Mancini being linked again in the papers this morning I'm quite hopeful. Also Lyon have signed Keita so Malouda will definitely be leaving this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

c'mon people now, smile on your brother.....

watching the top 10 prem and reserves goals - pennant is actually involved in a good few.

also el zhar and lindfield look like real talents and jack hobbs looks massive!

Well at least you're admitting to trolling, I wouldn't expect anything less from you, the type of fan who can't let something die, always has to get the dig in, any way possible. Well done.

Seriously, use the ignore feature.

Didn't see anything wrong with PHB's comment myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

My above post was a subtle way of telling you all to STFU about PHB and get back to talking about Liverpool. :)

If I see PHB trolling, believe me, I'll deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

With Saviola leaving Barca today, I wonder what are his chances of joining us. He has been linked to us in the past....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Sad to see Richie Partridge falling down through the leagues

http://chestercity.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=954&p=2&stid=8449317

Great speed, dribbling ability, and technique. Effected by cruciate, and hamstring injuries, and chronic mismanagement by Houllier.

evil_seed wrote:
    With Saviola leaving Barca today, I wonder what are his chances of joining us. He has been linked to us in the past....

He was offered to us 2 seasons ago I think and Rafa didn't take it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Slurms wrote:
    With Mancini being linked again in the papers this morning I'm quite hopeful. Also Lyon have signed Keita so Malouda will definitely be leaving this summer.
    Never heard of him - whats he like?

Liverpool sign Forlan, Bent & Benayoun In late night Monday transfer swoop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Tusky wrote:

LINK?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Tusky wrote:

Please tell me you were meant to post this in the humour forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

Well he is the mod of the horror forum!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Tusky wrote:

why would you lie.....:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

darkskol wrote:

I hope he does end up in Scotland, I reckon he'll do well.

Bad, bad Tusky, scaring me like that :(

Karma--

• Advertisement

raven136 wrote:
    when alsonso did any of us liverpool fans think wow,we just signed possibly the best passer of the ball in europe or did we think i think i saw him playing for a small team on sky sports spanish coverage recently.

Well i dunno about you, but when i saw him being linked i thought "oh my god we're actually in for the man who pretty almost single handedly (along with Nihat) kept Sociedad in the running for the La Liga title till the very last day of the season!" Real just pipped them to the post on the final day in what was their last league victory till yesterday. He was far from unknown and very highly rated.

And oh my god i hope we haven't bought Forlan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Dudes - whats all this anti Forlan stuff - the fact is he has scored a hell of a lot of goals in La Liga this year and if it wasn't for the fact he was a flop at Manu (did he get a clear run - honestly cant recall - anybody?), i'd imagine the majority of you all would be drooling at the prospect of him signing - maybe he needed time to mature. Just saying he may not be that bad a buy,yunno

19 goals and Vilarell(or however you spell it) are not bad but not **** hot, certainly wouldnt be getting the servic as Ruud gets

Todays Gossip

Charlton striker Darren Bent has told Liverpool and Tottenham he will go to the club that gives him the best chance of being an England regular. (Daily Mirror)

Liverpool owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks have vowed to give manager Rafael Benitez money to splash out in the transfer market following rumours of unrest at the club. (Daily Mirror)

empirix wrote:
    Dudes - whats all this anti Forlan stuff - the fact is he has scored a hell of a lot of goals in La Liga this year and if it wasn't for the fact he was a flop at Manu (did he get a clear run - honestly cant recall - anybody?), i'd imagine the majority of you all would be drooling at the prospect of him signing - maybe he needed time to mature. Just saying he may not be that bad a buy,yunno

19 goals and Vilarell(or however you spell it) are not bad but not **** hot, certainly wouldnt be getting the servic as Ruud gets

If he was a cheapo player i wouldnt mind, but he's not, he's gonna be pretty expensive for someone who has already flopped in England. IMO its just not worth the risk of him flopping again. I know theres always a risk with foreign players but would prefer someone with a clean slate then a poor record.

zabbo wrote:
    Todays Gossip

Charlton striker Darren Bent has told Liverpool and Tottenham he will go to the club that gives him the best chance of being an England regular. (Daily Mirror)

Liverpool owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks have vowed to give manager Rafael Benitez money to splash out in the transfer market following rumours of unrest at the club. (Daily Mirror)

I really really hope we dont sign Bent. I just dont rate him that highly. He shines at Charlton but dont think he is what we need. How will he cope with teams playing for a draw against us and defending deap ? Any better than Bellamy ?

Crouch - 30 starts, 18 goals = 0.6 goals per game

Bent - 34 starts, 15 goals = 0.44 goals per game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

zabbo wrote:
    Todays Gossip

Press claiming both ourselves & spurs are offering 12m & 35k per week. A lot more realistic figures than what West Ham were offering imo. If those figures are true then it's nice to see a player turning his back on money in favour of trying to further his career.

Everybody seems to have suddenly picked up on that interview he did last week with the Montreal Gazette or whatever paper it is - saying we're now moving into phase 2 of the summer plans which is to sign new players (phase 1 of course being securing new contracts for a number of players - still no word on Momo or Finnan's new contracts though).

In other news Gonzalez transfer can now go ahead seen as how Betis managed to avoid the drop at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Haven't really heard Huntelaar been mentioned round here as a striker solution. He's been great in the dutch league and wouldn't cost as much as the spanish fellas...

Plus he has CL experience unlike Bent and Torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

sweetie wrote:
    Haven't really heard Huntelaar been mentioned round here as a striker solution. He's been great in the dutch league and wouldn't cost as much as the spanish fellas...

He would be imho the main man to get. Prolific goal scorer and scorer of quality goals! He reminds me so much of a young Van Nistleroy. He's actually the reason Ruud left/dropped the dutch team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

woodyg wrote:
    He's actually the reason Ruud left/dropped the dutch team.

Eh no.. He fell out with Van Basten during the world cup when Huntelaar wasn't in the squad. He has now been restored to the squad because of his good form with Real Madrid.

Good player though, but apparently he wants to spend another year with Ajax

huntelaar seems a perfect answer to our striking solutions and come to thin k of it uniteds as well.Surprised that no one has bid for him.

My main choice if we couldnt get eto would be Diego Milito,he wouldnt cost a fortune and has a great record.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement