Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Reganio 2 wrote:
    Torres for £17 mil + Garcia :D:D:D
    Malouda for £17 mil :):)
    Simao for £12 mil :(:(

Think I'd be happier with Simao for 12m than Malouda for 17m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Nah Simao is rubbish. He will play well for 5 or so games then be rubbish as he usually is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

zing wrote:
    Think I'd be happier with Simao for 12m than Malouda for 17m

i dont know enough about either but from what i have heard of Malouda he seems pretty good.either at this moment would do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Malouda is a much better player than Simao, him at 17 million would be a great price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Reganio 2 wrote:
    Torres for £17 mil + Garcia :D:D:D
    Malouda for £17 mil :):)
    Simao for £12 mil :(:(
    Why would we want to get rid of Luis Garcia? He was a steal at £6 million in 2004 and his absence was keenly felt last season after his knee injury against Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Dont get rid of Garcia...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Rafa says Carson to stay next next season and fight for no1 spot. I wonder if
    Carson will agree.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Kanney wrote:
    Dont get rid of Garcia...

Rating players is very subjective, but I'd be in favour of selling/trading him because

-When he's good, he's very good (goal against Juve, goals against Chelsea), but when he's bad, he's very bad (there doesn't seem to be a midrange)
    -His good bits don't come often enough for me to compensate for the bad parts
    -He turns 29 on Sunday, so his value is going to go downwards from now on
    -Returning from such a serious injury at that age will be difficult
    -I'd hope we could replace him with someone more consistent

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

£17m is a good price for Malouda? wtf?

8-10 is a good price, 12 is a bit rich, 17 is stupid money.

• Advertisement

I'm presuming this is a joke. Sean Dundee to return, this time as a player coach

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Dundee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Wiki could have been updated by anybody so unless you see it on other reputable sources ie www.liverpoolfc.tv I wouldnt worry about it. :)

AS.com reporting Mancini is one of the players Real have targetted - so too is Alves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Stky10 wrote:
    There really is some amount of rubbish written on that page. Sometimes I despair at the mentality of some people, I really do!
    Yossi Benayoun has been lured by the attracton of playing in the Champions League for Rick 'the grass' Parry's Liverpool
    Maybe someone can explain to me how Rick Parry is a grass? He was called to given evidence to the enquiry for two main reasons as far as I was aware:
    1. To explain how the Mascherano transfer was completed.
    2. He was part of the Premier League board that let the original Tevez and Mascherano deals go through.
    As a result of intransigence by Benayoun's agent who would dearly love his client to move from the Boleyn to Anfield, Liverpool have been forced to increase their offer from a derisory £2.5 Million to £4.5 Million
    Have we? Surely if his agent was trying to engineer a move, we wouldn't be increasing our fee at all, we would be simply waiting for him to throw a hissy fit or see out his contract.
    West Ham have withdrawn their offer of a 5 year deal with £50,000 per week in wages knowing full well that the scousers will be unable to offer the same basic wage
    Now the author of the article not only knows about our transfer offers but also about our wage structure. :rolleyes:
    a bunch of corporate slime bags who have already done their level best to discredit West Ham have now 'tapped up' one of the club's best players.
    I assume this is also aimed at Rick Parry. First he's a grass, now he's a slime bag :) Again, I would love to see evidence of his efforts to discredit West Ham.
    It is hoped that West Ham refuse to do any business whatsoever with Liverpool in the future, they rank as low as Wigan and Sheffield United in most fans 'sleaze league', they are dishonourable and deluded.
    This is the line that cracks me up the most. Having resorted to name calling and wild estimations about Liverpool's wage structure and transfer budget, apparently now everyone hates the club:confused: I think the writer got his words a bit muddled too, if we rank low in a sleaze league, doesn't that mean we're not sleazy? I won't even start about the dishonourable and deluded tags.

Or have I got it all wrong, is Rick Parry really as bad as they are making out and is Benayoun as good as they are making out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

is bannor dead or alive.... haven't seen him post here in ages. Everything that man/women says comes true:L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Bannor obviously gave up bothering as he was bothered by the same twats over and over again everytime he posted up any info. Crying shame too as I really enjoyed his posts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Are all of you mad? Saying Torres isnt good enough?

If he was to sign he would be the one of the 3 best strikers in the premiership(now that Henry has gone). His record for a very poor Atletico side is unbelivable. His performances for Spain show just how good he is. He would be an amazing signing for us.

As for Darren Bent, i'd be very upset if we signed him. Jermaine Defoe could probably be signed for half the price and he's twice the player Bent is.

Im not even that bothered about us signing any wingers because i think Paul Anderson, if given a chance will be a revelation for us. He looks to be the complete package from what ive seen of him in the reserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

malice_ wrote:

Or have I got it all wrong, is Rick Parry really as bad as they are making out and is Benayoun as good as they are making out?

Parry likes the publicity from what I have seen of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Just for a slight turn in direction, any more word/movement on the stadium?

PHB wrote:
    Malouda is a much better player than Simao, him at 17 million would be a great price.

Pah, we could have had Henry for £1m less :D
    mike65 wrote:
    Rafa says Carson to stay next next season and fight for no1 spot. I wonder if
    Carson will agree.

Mike.

Hope so, I really rate him. Good penalty taker too from what I saw on ssn in the not about the england game the other day.:)

Stky10 wrote:
    Rating players is very subjective, but I'd be in favour of selling/trading him because

-When he's good, he's very good (goal against Juve, goals against Chelsea), but when he's bad, he's very bad (there doesn't seem to be a midrange)
    -His good bits don't come often enough for me to compensate for the bad parts
    -He turns 29 on Sunday, so his value is going to go downwards from now on
    -Returning from such a serious injury at that age will be difficult
    -I'd hope we could replace him with someone more consistent

QFT

Bent will sign for Spurs as far as I can see (so we can forget about him). As for anything else..who knows. I'm somewhere between boredom and frustration right now.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Revised plans are being unveiled and submitted next month, I think.

Revised plans are being unveiled and submitted next month, I think.

I thought it was more advanced than that tbh. I thought the plans were in and all. boo urns.

Has there been the ceremonial sob turning etc yet? Or was even the political stuff put back. Would have thought teh basic ground work could have started at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The yanks brought the plans back to the drawing board. Looks like we're gonna get a bigger stadium!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Stekelly wrote:

Heres a pretty good article i found on it recently. The "first sod" was dug alright, but work was halted when Gilett/Hicks decided to revamp the plans.
    New stadium will be a unique design

Liverpool FC submitted new plans for their Stanley Park stadium to the city council on Monday. The designs and plans have not been released - or leaked - into public domain yet, but there are supporters who have seen images of the stadium in different design stages.

Each description of the new stadium has it down to be very unique and set to create much debate amongst fans when the plans are displayed publicly - which nobody is sure when that will be for sure!

Rather than the new stadiums which are being created around England with a similar design, very little uniqueness and even less character, the new Anfield is set to break the chain of bowl shaped stadiums similar to Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium, the new Wembley and numerous smaller clubs.

All four sides are said to be unique and different from another, one description used states “Whether intentional or not it seems to reflect the way British grounds have been built in the past, i.e. where stadiums would grow and modernise by developing one side at a time, reflecting the era they were built and creating a rather adhoc arrangement of styles. If this was the source of inspiration I think it has been very bold and clever.”

Gillett and Hicks have already stated The Kop will be the focal point and hold 20,000 supporters. This is described as being a vast single tier stand which overlooks the rest of the stadium, particularly the opposite end which is said to be similar to the smaller end at Porto’s Drago Stadium.

Fans will be pleased to hear The Kop is somewhat similar to Dortmund’s Sudtribune, but rounding at the sides.

The actual capacity for the new stadium is still somewhat unclear, with reports suggesting it will begin as 61,000 with expansion to 68,000 likely - and possible even during the construction phase once planning permission allows.

The secrecy of the new stadium designs combined with the lack of transfer activity at Anfield is certainly proving frustrating for fans who are anxious to see the future of the club revealed over the summer.

Just like Xabi Alonso said when he signed his contract, exciting times lie ahead….

http://www.thisisanfield.com/news/2007/06/new-stadium-will-be-a-unique-design/

Heres an image of Dortmunds Sudtribune they say the new Kop is similer to. http://pereko.wz.cz/fotogalerie/fotbal-dortmund/kotel-sudtribune.jpg Can you imagine That full of baying Scousers?
    Im delighted they're doing something special with the KOP, its an attribute of LFC it only makes sense the incorporate fully. Hoping for a great intimidating atmospheric new stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

BENITEZ CALM DESPITE INACTIVITY

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8698_2444323,00.html

Benitez told the club's official website: "We are monitoring situations all the time and there is no urgency yet. If we bring in players from Spain, they only finished playing a week ago so they will need a longer break, but I would like somebody in before we start pre-season training."

That gives us two weeks then before we should really start to get worried ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

darkskol wrote:

thank god. made zero sence at all to be loaning out a player to a club that had agreed to buy him and who has significant transfer funds at their disposel, as well as the fact that there have been several clubs sniffing around after the player.

Thens there are the rumours going around about Arsenal now looking to bring back Anelka from Bolton and that Bolton would be keen on buying Cisse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Liverpool have rejected the chance to re-sign Michael Owen, who was offered by Newcastle in exchange for John Arne Riise and Craig Bellamy. (Various)

Manchester United will again bid for Atletico Madrid's £27m-rated striker Fernando Torres. (Sunday Mirror)

But they face competition from Liverpool, who are ready to pay £25m for the Spain international. (News of the World)

Bid for Rise and Bellamy is interesting...

Liverpool have rejected the chance to re-sign Michael Owen, who was offered by Newcastle in exchange for John Arne Riise and Craig Bellamy. (Various)
    Bid for Rise and Bellamy is interesting...

I'd be happy with a Bellamy plus cash exchange and keep Riise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Yea, wouldn't be the worst I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

if we sell Bellamy for 10m which is more important,to sign a winger or a striker?

i'd prefer the money went on a proven winger,to supply Crouch and Kuyt.

Looks like Sunderland might try to take Scott Carson away from Anfield. Would be strange for him to be sold after Rafa said he would be in his first team plans for next season, unless Carson puts in a request to leave.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2445234,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

I think a ;lot of negotians have been going on behind the scenes, first they tied up the contracts of exisiting players and now a few rumours are beginning to cirulate both about potential signings and the new stadium, i am not convinced there was much unrest between management and owners to begin with, we all know Benitez likes being coy - i'm taking good vibes from all this, maybe the coming week will be the week of the new signings
    Just my own take on the matter!

make of this what you will

from unison.ie
    Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez is claiming there's "no urgency yet" as he seeks to strengthen his squad for next season.

Benitez stated a month ago he needed to quickly bring in players.

Did the owners have a word in his ear and tell him to 'calm down, calm down'!

Mike.

darkskol wrote:

Yesterdays mirror speculated that we could be offering Cisse to Atletico as part of the bargaining for Torres - would be great if we could. Honestly think Marseille were trying to mess us about and go with another loan deal but hopefully the interest from Bolton and the possibility of him being sent to Madrid will lead to some action in relation to him this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

mike65 wrote:
    make of this what you will

from unison.ie

Did the owners have a word in his ear and tell him to 'calm down, calm down'!

Mike.

When Gillet was asked about that Rafa outburst the day after the final and the alleged unrest, he just said they had talked it over and all was ok, Rafa was just in a bit of a "high pitched state of emotion". Gillet said after the final Rafa stayed up all night walking the streets and then gave the interview the next morning, tired and emotional. Then went onto his thing of Rafa having laid out his plans which they are all working hard to achieve now with The americans full backing.

I still have not seen any quotes from either Rafa or the americans that points to any unrest.

On the swapping Bellamy and Riise for Owen thing, that makes no sense, we could just sell Bellamy for 9mill ish and then buy Owen out of his contract without needing to lose Riise.

Also what would be the purpose of putting in a 25mill bid for Torres and slowing down the whole thing when the buy out is 27mill? Only thing i could think of is that it would force Atletico to admit they are willing to sell rather then pleading innocent and having big bad Liverpool coming in and buying out their talisman from under them.

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Also what would be the purpose of putting in a 25mill bid for Torres and slowing down the whole thing when the buy out is 27mill? Only thing i could think of is that it would force Atletico to admit they are willing to sell rather then pleading innocent and having big bad Liverpool coming in and buying out their talisman from under them.

Or perhaps Torres has told Atletico that he wishes to leave in which case the club aren't in as strong a position. Yes the clause still remains and they can hold out but if they've a player who has made it crystal clear that he wants out then they may be prepared to accept an offer very close to the release fee.

Probably other explanations too but who cares as long as we can get the deal sorted quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

According to the Daily Star, Athletico want Crouch plus money for Torres, dunno if thats a good deal - we lose a proven EPL striker for a potential Morientes. not that I'm saying i dont want Torres but if it was bellamy or Garca yes, but Crouchie, i dunno!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

no, wouldn't like to lose Crouch....won't happen anyway. Rafa likes him too much unless we get 15-18m for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Crouch can go, for the right price. We should be paying less than £10M for Torres if Crouch is included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Crouch can go, for the right price. We should be paying less than £10M for Torres if Crouch is included.
    Which sort of puts my evaluation of 15-18m kind of realistic for him if they want 27m for Torres

I can still see us getting Bent aswell...I just have this feeling

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

For anybody interested www.Irishkop.com are back on line,we are now running vBulletin software.I am sure you are all familiar with that.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Now football365 are saying Cisse for Torres

link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

A lot of circulation about this deal now - don't think we are far off, Cisse agents over trying to agree a deal with Athletico according to sky. Is this the week we've been waiting for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Looks like something is happening, just seems the finer points of the deal are being hammered out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'm getting excited now, but I'll probably be disappointed. I just can't get my hopes up anymore :(

zabbo wrote:
    Looks like something is happening, just seems the finer points of the deal are being hammered out.

Hopefully it's Cisse that's being hammered out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Lex Luthor wrote:
    I can still see us getting Bent aswell...I just have this feeling

a lot of united fans would like for you to get bent aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement