Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Tusky wrote:
    I cant understand why he has kept Sissoko. The only reason I can think of is that he is not confident of keeping Mascherano. Mascherano is a much better all rounder. It certainly suggests that Gerrard will be used on the right and that there will be three CM after 2 other positions. If Lucas comes good maybe he plans something like this.

Kewell
    Lucas(?)
    Gerrard

Alonso---Mascherano

If he is going to play 5 in the middle then there will be some unhappy strikers come the end of next season!

Well if you look at their statistics for last year, they can't really improve much on their home form. Its the away form that needs to be improved. So I'd imagine this might be to make us more difficult to beat and be deployed for away games to draw games we were losing, and maybe sneak wins for games we were drawing.

As ManU showed this year, there is really nothing like having a matchwinner who can make something out of nothing away from home. Hopefully that matchwinner for us will be better than Kewell though. Think more Mancini or Quaresma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

if anyone has the stadium pics - please pm me.

I saw some pics on another site, that I won't mention. It immediately reminds me of the new mestalla. At least in concept terms. If these are the plans, it will be unlike any other stadium in the UK.

And I have to say I would be absolutely thrilled.

One concern, however, as the pictures depict a stadium that is "a piece". Like a piece of art. What happens when/if we want to expand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Inter drop Tevez interest. Hmmmm.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

I have the stadium pics if anyone wants to pm me. It looks fantastic and very weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I wouldn't be adversed to seeing them?

Mike, source? What are the chances Tevez and Torres (very unlikely, but I can dream!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Good to hear that Sissoko has extended his deal. As others have mentioned, Mascherano is by no means a dead cert to stay, lots of factors there to mess that up (especially if he costs the oft-rumoured £15mil+ next year and Rafa isn't given that money from the board, but fingers crossed)

All we need now, Rafa, is a two-sided winger (Quaresma or Simao ;)) + Torres, and Bellamy / Cisse sold (£7mil each please :))

I don't see Lucas having a major impact atm. I predict that he will have a low-key season acclimatising to the league similar to Aurelio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Googling for the new stadium pics proved fruitless, however this bbc news report from 2002 made up for it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/1992484.stm

• Advertisement

PiE wrote:
    Googling for the new stadium pics proved fruitless

Try this (its working at the moment, no guarantees though)

http://koptalkinsider.wordpress.com/2007/06/28/new-stadium-designs-koptalk-last-to-know-again/#more-1458

Stky10 wrote:
    those aren't the pics. at least they're not the most recent ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    those aren't the pics. at least they're not the most recent ones.

Yes they are...

running the risk of turning this into a pissing contest! BUT

they're not the ones that leaked yesterday and have since been taken down with threat of legal action from the club (thus leading people to believe they are real)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Anyone want to PM me the real pics ?

Ta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

zabbo wrote:

Ta.

ditto

running the risk of turning this into a pissing contest! BUT

they're not the ones that leaked yesterday and have since been taken down with threat of legal action from the club (thus leading people to believe they are real)

AFAIK the four (not just the two at the top) images are the most recent. The entire point of the article is that these are the images that have been posted on all the main fan sites and ripped off by koptalk by not mentioning the sites they came from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

zabbo wrote:

Ta.

Ditto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Those pictures in the page linked above are the ones that have been removed everywhere.

• Advertisement

http://forum.raotl.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=56538&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The ones that i saw yesterday evening were more like this one about 3/4 way down this page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

They defo are!!

ok so . . . anyway, they all look great

kop looks especially well :)

http://forum.raotl.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=56538&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The ones that i saw yesterday evening were more like this one about 3/4 way down this page

The single one that still loads on that page is 1 of 4 that have been taken down everywhere. That pic is a simplified CGI model with the majority of the roof removed so that you can see more of the interior of the stadium, specifically The Kop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

An amazing looking stucture isn't it - really exciting if its the real deal. Rafa looks relaxed and has a glint of confidence in his eye - methinks the plans are taking shape.

On the pics. the CGI ones, as shown above, are still on plenty of forums that were told to take pics down. There exist pictures that look like they were taken by a camera phone, and don't look anything really like the CGI ones above.

The CGI ones are older, and are not the most recent ones.

The Beeb are saying Tevez rejected Inter, not the other way around.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/6251900.stm

Imagine we got the two of them?! can't see it happening :( nice to dream

Who would everyone prefer, torres or tevez???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    On the pics. the CGI ones, as shown above, are still on plenty of forums that were told to take pics down. There exist pictures that look like they were taken by a camera phone, and don't look anything really like the CGI ones above.

The CGI ones are older, and are not the most recent ones.

This man speaks the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Who would everyone prefer, torres or tevez???

Probably Tevez. Mainly based on the fact he's had his settling time in the league and would most likely hit the ground running. He's already shown he can play in the league. Less of a risk.

Anyone else think Tevez looks like Hyde in BBCs' Jekyll? :D

Of all the strikers mentioned since the season drew to a close he is the one I'd have the most faith in if he signed.

Mike.

I'd have to go with Tevez too

the new Academy boss is.....Piet Hamberg

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    the new Academy boss is.....Piet Hamberg

Mike.
    *CLAP* *CLAP*

that has to be at least two days old news-wise.

How's waterford? I miss Downeses....

Sorry I must have missed it in all the erm excitment of mindless speculation! p

Waterford is wet but hopeful.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Would love Tevez! Id say he would cost 30m though surely ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Reports this evening say it's looking like it's EUR 30m + Garcia or EUR 35m without him (both below the release clause). Atletico seem to be holding out for him to make the decision which would both get them off the hook with the fans and could possibly get them out of a sell on payment to him if he effectively puts in a request to leave. If that is the case then we're unlikely to see movement on it for a few days.

Be sad to see Garcia go as he's served us very well in his own often frustrating as hell way. But he's said in the past that he'd like to go back to Atletico someday, only has a year left on his contract and in reality will be even more up against it in terms of getting into the team next season so best of luck and a huge thank you to him if he does go.

Garcia I would be happy to see go in this deal. He's an enigmatic little bollox. He's never going to be consistent, unfortunately. I say, thanks Luis for what you gave us, good luck at Athletico. I hear the tapas are good in Madrid.

be sad to see Luis go, closest thing we have to a big game player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Tusky wrote:
    Would love Tevez! Id say he would cost 30m though surely ?

Its the bracket we need to be moving into though. Chelsea and Utd are already there so as soon as the mental block of a fairly low record transfer is broken the better.
    zing wrote:
    Reports this evening say it's looking like it's EUR 30m + Garcia or EUR 35m without him (both below the release clause). Atletico seem to be holding out for him to make the decision which would both get them off the hook with the fans and could possibly get them out of a sell on payment to him if he effectively puts in a request to leave. If that is the case then we're unlikely to see movement on it for a few days.

Be sad to see Garcia go as he's served us very well in his own often frustrating as hell way. But he's said in the past that he'd like to go back to Atletico someday, only has a year left on his contract and in reality will be even more up against it in terms of getting into the team next season so best of luck and a huge thank you to him if he does go.

Is the release clause not 27m though? Surely theres no need to pay any more than that?

Stekelly wrote:
    Its the bracket we need to be moving into though. Chelsea and Utd are already there so as soon as the mental block of a fairly low record transfer is broken the better.

Is the release clause not 27m though? Surely theres no need to pay any more than that?
    27 million sterling. 40 million euro. (I'm too lazy to check on XE, but thats what most reports are saying)

WOOOO! Deal has been formally agreed by A.Madrid for 30m euros + Luis Garcia. Torres has told his agent to go along with the deal and will sign next week when he is back from holiday! Is being reported on a number of Spanish forums and radio stations.

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/premiership/article2720025.ece

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/liverpool/article2002604.ece

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=465018&in_page_id=1779
    Cadena SER again confirming what ASF advanced a few hours ago. Fernando Torres has authorised his agent to complete the deal and there are "ninety many %" chances of Torres joining Liverpool. If all the parties keep their word Fernando Torres will sign the contract next week once he is back from holiday.

30 million euros + Luis Garcia is the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I hope he cuts his holiday short cause 2 weeks is a lot of time for things to go wrong, deal wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

The-Rigger wrote:
    I hope he cuts his holiday short cause 2 weeks is a lot of time for things to go wrong, deal wise.
    Yup, was it Simao we'd pretty much signed a year or two ago? until his international manager decided to tell the press that he was releasing him for a medical and the fans went nuts...

With the news of Tevez staying in the premiership...

Crouch - 12m
    Bellamy - 8m
    Cisse - 7m
    27m!

= Tevez!

heh, I wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Tonio

Tusky wrote:
    With the news of Tevez staying in the premiership...

Crouch - 12m
    Bellamy - 8m
    Cisse - 7m
    27m!

= Tevez!

heh, I wish.

Maybe West Ham will take all three in exchange :D

Would personally get rid of Kuyt before Crouch.

If the above thing about Torres is true, would much prefer the deal didn't involve Garcia :(

Would personally get rid of Kuyt before Crouch.

If the above thing about Torres is true, would much prefer the deal didn't involve Garcia :(

Hes 29 with one year left on his contract and wants to move back to Spain before its too late. I love the little guy, his positives out weigh his negatives BUT not in a team looking to challenge for the title. We need someone with his magic that doesnt go missing half the time.

• Advertisement

But we still don't have those qualities in his position :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement