Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Nephew wrote:
    I know the Torres deal isn't finalised yet but I honestly could never have seen David Moores sanction such audacious bid on a single player. Even if Torres ends up having as much impact as Morientes did, at least it proves the Americans are willing to invest in the squad.
    Yeah that's what I think. It shows that we can now compete with Utd and Chelski rather than getting the 3rd or 4th choice signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Let's forget about Malouda then.
    http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?HLID=474583&CPID=24&title=Malouda+set+on+Blues+switch&lid=&channel=Premiership&f=rss&clid=143

In other news Tevez now says he wants to play for Real despite saying a few days ago that he didn't. Either press or clubs making up stories or the guy is extremely fickle - or a combination of both due to him not really having much of a say as to where he ends up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Let Malouda rot in Chelski so, bad move for him, he was almost a certain starter for us. Hopefully Kewell will keep injury free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Wonder what that sharks rubbish he was spouting on about was. Thought it was Rafa's man was doign the dealing and that was it. Sounds like he is just trying to invent a reason to go to Chelski and line his pockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mancini is a possibility no?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1wJZE87nMM

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Mancini is a possibility no?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1wJZE87nMM

Mike.

We've had a bid turned down already. Would love to see him in red next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Whats the latest on Torres lads?

Whats the latest on Torres lads?

If you're to believe media reports/speculation the deal is all but done and is just waiting on Torres to come back from holidays sometime this week and agree personal terms. Garcia will most likely go the opposite way but the Torres transfer is expected to go ahead with or without him.

But he's on holidays right now so don't expect much to happen for a few days.

Thanks zing.

I'm really looking forward to him playing for us (touch wood) as he's definetely a world class player to be. I'm a little worried though that we have put all our eggs in one basket, anyone else think this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Thanks zing.

I'm really looking forward to him playing for us (touch wood) as he's definetely a world class player to be. I'm a little worried though that we have put all our eggs in one basket, anyone else think this?

Have we though ? Rafa said earlier that he was ready to buy two players for about 10-12m each. I assume this will still happen. We had a bid of 13m turned down for Mancini as well. I think we will see a defender and a winger come in in addition to a striker.

Looks like Garcia may have gone :(

from eurosport.fr

Luis Garcia quitte Liverpool et rejoint l'Atletico Madrid pour cinq millions d'euros. L'Espagnol semblait, au départ, faire partie d'un échange avec Fernando Torres (plus 32 millions d'euros). Finalement, les deux transactions sont dissociées.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

mike65 wrote:
    Looks like Garcia may have gone :(

from eurosport.fr

Luis Garcia quitte Liverpool et rejoint l'Atletico Madrid pour cinq millions d'euros. L'Espagnol semblait, au départ, faire partie d'un échange avec Fernando Torres (plus 32 millions d'euros). Finalement, les deux transactions sont dissociées.

Mike.
    Sad to see him go was a champ in Europe with some quality goals, but he was a frustrating little bollix in the league especially away from home. Luis ya were a great little player thanks for the memories and enjoy your return home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Aye, he's scored some quality / crucial goals

Best of luck to him. He'll be sorely missed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

As the chant goes PLEASE DON'T TAKE OUR LUIS AWAY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Be so sad to see him go :( suppose its all for the greater good.

2 Goals against Chelsea
    Ending Roy Keanes career in the Premier League.

Eternally thankful :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭wanabe

he sure did some very important goals for us (most of which were cracking efforts too!) would be sad to see him leave. always had the ability to change a game but his inconsistency in passing always left him down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Ending Roy Keanes career in the Premier League.

One could argue that he's also the reason that Ireland didn't qualify for the World Cup as Keane was injured....

small price to pay :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4tBe7-QFoOM

hopefully he teaches crouchie how to head a ball before he leaves. Defiantely the best header of the ball at the club. shame about his height!

I see Dirk Kuyt and Ol' Big Nose both lost thier fathers today.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote:
    Have we though ? Rafa said earlier that he was ready to buy two players for about 10-12m each. I assume this will still happen. We had a bid of 13m turned down for Mancini as well. I think we will see a defender and a winger come in in addition to a striker.

That would be nearly 50m spent on players, if the reports are correct. As much as I'd love to see it, I can't TBH.

mike65 wrote:
    I see Dirk Kuyt and Ol' Big Nose both lost thier fathers today.

Mike.

Sorry for their loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

That would be nearly 50m spent on players, if the reports are correct. As much as I'd love to see it, I can't TBH.

Between Bellamy, Cisse, Garcia, Gonzalez, Pongolle, and one or two others more than 20m should be gotten back. Dudek and Zenden off the wage bill as well. And don't forget the 30m extra tv money per season.

The front page of Saturday's edition of Marca...

http://www.marca.com/primeras/07/06/g0630.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I have been in England for a few days and there was a lot of talk of a swap deal involving Heinze and Riise !!

I now see there has been talk on this thread of Heinze to Liverpool, but no mention of Riise to ManU.

Wonder what that sharks rubbish he was spouting on about was. Thought it was Rafa's man was doign the dealing and that was it. Sounds like he is just trying to invent a reason to go to Chelski and line his pockets.
    Malouda is not the first player to accuse Liverpool of this. Rather than dismiss it, its something that needs to be watched and learned from. From the outside the team would appear to be a mixture of English and Spanish - its not hard to see why a French player would need the personal touch to help persuade him to come. A number of French speakers at Chelsea - add to that the personal touch of the manager peruading him to join them, and there was only one club Malouda was going to choose. He'll be a regular on the right side of midfield for Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I have been in England for a few days and there was a lot of talk of a swap deal involving Heinze and Riise !!

I now see there has been talk on this thread of Heinze to Liverpool, but no mention of Riise to ManU.
    I think I would throw up to see Riise in a manc shirt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Stky10 wrote:
    Between Bellamy, Cisse, Garcia, Gonzalez, Pongolle, and one or two others more than 20m should be gotten back.
    I would have thought between all those it would be more like 30m if the figures quoted are true

Bellamy = 6m
    Cisse = 7m
    Garcia = 7m
    Gonzalez = 5m
    Pongolle = 5m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Depends on what currency you are on about. Garcia has a set price of 4mil stg to Athletico from the Torres deal apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Lex Luthor wrote:
    I think I would throw up to see Riise in a manc shirt...

Me too, are united reserves lacking in his position? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

do we have any news on whether Rafa will make a move for Simao.If he sells who he wants i got the impression that two at least more players will join

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The Muppet wrote:
    Me too, are united reserves lacking in his position? ;)
    I doubt a deal between the two teams would be done for any player, unless it was mutually beneficial.

Utd selling Heinze to us, doesn't really benefit Utd, unless the fee is high.

He's a decent player who had a poor season after injury.

I'm not sure why Utd want to offload him, and it's probably motivated by Heinze wanting first team assurances.

Interesting week ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

zabbo wrote:
    I doubt a deal between the two teams would be done for any player, unless it was mutually beneficial.

I'm not sure why Utd want to offload him, and it's probably motivated by Heinze wanting first team assurances.

Interesting week ahead.
    There were signs before he picked up his injury a couple of seasons ago that he was struggling, poor performances in the games in august were a worry.

Since he got injured, we have brought in Evra, who was brilliant for us last season, apart from a couple of games towards the end of the season, where Heinze came in and did a good job. Evra is a much better option for united then heinze is - he is quicker, better on the ball, better at using the ball and just as good at defending - Heinze only beats him in the air, but again, Evra is underrated here imo. Basically, i think Evra is going to be first choice again this season, and assuming Heinze is sold we'll have Silvestre, Evans and O'Shea who can play there if Erva is suspended, rested or injured. As such, we simply don't need Heinze anymore. I do like the guy, and his approach to the game, but United need the full backs to offer in attack, which Heinze does not really do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

zabbo wrote:

Interesting week ahead.

TBH I wouldn't be too put out by Henize moving to Anfield, IMO he is not as good as he was a few seasons ago. He appears to have lost some of his mobility {very slow to turn} since his injury. Maybe with some rest and a decent pre season his form will improve but I wouldn't be so sure.

I doubt United will sell him to Liverpool either but he can buy himself out of his contract and move where he wants. With the likes of Real rumoured to be interested it's unlikley he would choose Liverpool. As you say Interesting weeks ahead.

A tabloid rag says Torres is looking for £100k a week and a 6 year contract. Not unreasonable I suppose, but adds up to £31.2m in wages!!

The London Times on the other hand says Torres will actually take a paycut :confused:

BREAKING NEWS ON SKY SPORTS NEWS

Luis Garcia's agent confirms the Liverpool player will join Atletico Madrid today or tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

sad to see him go... but it means no more games against rubbish teams with him frustrating the life out of me coz of his useless passing and generally doing nothing!!

but he really made a difference in europe when needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

A tabloid rag says Torres is looking for £100k a week and a 6 year contract. Not unreasonable I suppose, but adds up to £31.2m in wages!!

The London Times on the other hand says Torres will actually take a paycut :confused:

If he gets 100K a week will Stevie G throw his toys out of the pram again and say hes leaving so they give him another payrise ;) If Torres was to get 100K the rest of the squad would be mightily pi**ed off no?

Blowing 90% of their summer budget on 1 player seems a bit OTT imo.

how does anyone know what Liverpools summer budget is just out of curiousity?

Also, the problem before has been buying loads of players that are not good enough, i'm not sure Torres will make be the superstar we want, BUT it is undeniably a step in the right direction IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,303 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

im curious as to why so many united fans post in here? just wondering really i havent got a problem with it.

i have never even looked at the united thread, i dont care

• Advertisement

Sizzler wrote:
    If he gets 100K a week will Stevie G throw his toys out of the pram again and say hes leaving so they give him another payrise ;) If Torres was to get 100K the rest of the squad would be mightily pi**ed off no?

Why would the rest of the players be pissed off ? This is a world class player we're talking about - not another Salif Diao. The rest of the players know enough about the game to know that big names demand big bucks.

And when did Stevie last throw his toys out over someone earning close to what he's on ? Sure he came very close to leaving but I don't recall seeing one comment from him or anyone connected to either him or the club that he was pissed off because some new kid in the door would be earning similar ish money to him.
    Blowing 90% of their summer budget on 1 player seems a bit OTT imo.

And you know exactly how much Rafa has to spend this summer ?

Word is that he agreed personal terms over the weekend and should be on merseyside within the next 24hours or so to complete medical and sign on the dotted line.

That's from a usually very reliable source on RAWK rather than some random fleet street hack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

how does anyone know what Liverpools summer budget is just out of curiousity?

How would anyone in here know?. Outside the board of the club & Rafa, nobody would know, and it would be crazy for others to find out.
    Sizzler wrote:
    If he gets 100K a week will Stevie G throw his toys out of the pram again and say hes leaving so they give him another payrise If Torres was to get 100K the rest of the squad would be mightily pi**ed off no?

Well seeing as his (Gerrard's) last contact (signed after the champions league win) was for 100k a week, and he's just signed a new contract (which I presume gives him an increase) I don't think he'll be too bothered.

As for the rest of the squad, well they're all getting paid very well, and I'd like to think they're all realistic enough to accept that the clubs record signing will be well paid.

Stky10 wrote:
    Well seeing as his (Gerrard's) last contact (signed after the champions league win) was for 100k a week, and he's just signed a new contract (which I presume gives him an increase) I don't think he'll be too bothered.

Think Stevie is now on 120k per week - nice work if you can get it ;) 90k per week seems to be the more accurate figure for what Torres has agreed to.

For the record. As far as I'm aware, Gerrrard has never 'thrown his toys out of the pram', his issues when he nearly went to Chelsea were nothing to do with money, a la Lampard, Terry, Ferdinand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

few months ago when torres was linked with united they were praisng him to the high heavens and now(hitches apart)he seems to be joining us they are all talk of how he isnt that good anyhow and sure isnt anderson better anyway;)

be great if we could raise 20m from sales,but will anyone buy Bellamy for the 12m that rafa wants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

zing wrote:
    And you know exactly how much Rafa has to spend this summer ?

Lets reconvene at the start of the season and see how much Rafa has spent after the Torres deal goes through, safe to say he will be doing his utmost to spend whats in the bank I would imagine, any manager would do the same to strengthen their team for the start of the season.
    Remember hes also just sold Garcia and Id imagine Bellamy mightnt be far behind him.

Reckon Bellamy will go for about 10 million. Everyone agrees he was a bargain last year when we got him and we only got that price due to clause in his contract. No clauses this time, so he will go for more than we got him for I'd imagine, UNLESS nobody wanted to touch him cause of his rep

zing wrote:
    Word is that he agreed personal terms over the weekend and should be on merseyside within the next 24hours or so to complete medical and sign on the dotted line.

That's from a usually very reliable source on RAWK rather than some random fleet street hack.
    Good stuff, especially as "some random fleet street hack" has said Tevez has told Inter he doesnt want to go to Italy, and therefore Inter have turned their attention to Torres and will offer him a more lucrative contract than Liverpool are offering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

For the record. As far as I'm aware, Gerrrard has never 'thrown his toys out of the pram', his issues when he nearly went to Chelsea were nothing to do with money, a la Lampard, Terry, Ferdinand.

aye it was sourness at not being loved or something, wasnt it?

event wrote:
    aye it was sourness at not being loved or something, wasnt it?

supposedly he was freaked because Parry and them were going out to the media saying they were waiting for Gerrard to sign his new deal and at that point he hadn't even been offered one and anytime he tried to force the issue it was always put on the long finger. he was afraid they were gonna flog him to the highest bidder at the last minute and didn't want that. soon as moores intervened the deal was done straight away.

another example of parrys incompetence

plus we all like to feel loved now and again! :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement