Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

With regards to Malouda why are you so sure he'd even want to join Liverpool even if they were prepared to pay the money. If he knew Chelsea or Real Madrid were interested, I dont think it would be Liverpool he'd want to go to.

Thats why I said
    If Liverpool were prepared to pay it they could have had the transfer wrapped up weeks ago

"Could" not "would". Of course, the player will always have the final say on whether he goes to one team or another. I'm not disputing that. But what I was saying was that it wasn't a case of Liverpool being outbid for him, they weren't prepared to pay the asking rate whereas it looks like Chelsea will be. I have no problem with that, as I've said in hear already I'd prefer Mancini or Quaresma to Malouda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

zing wrote:
    Marseille claim agreement on Cisse.
    Zenden and Cisse. Watch out for Marseilles next year. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,303 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

And its even funnier that Liverpool fans act like they DONT spend any money.

Always cryin about how United or Chelsea buy their success while wastin million upon millions on ****e players and then actin like theyre pennisless. Its not our fault u can spend it wisely...... Sure u dont spend loads on individual players (except Torres, Alonso and, eh, Diouf to name a few) but the revolving door at Liverpool is beyond hilarious. (not sayin we dont have flops, christ the only decent thing Forlan did was stick two in your net - but the sher amount of flops u guys buy is astonishing)

i think you will find that net spend, liverpool have spend far less than united or chelsea over the past 5 years. And if you want to talk about flops why not talk about veron 28m!!! kleberson, djemba djemba, alan smith etc etc etc etc

united have some funny thing of paying way over the odds for portugese players, liverpool were offered ronaldo for 6.8m 3 weeks before united paid 12.5 for him :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I bet if Cisse goes to Ol'M you can guaranty we'll draw them in CL groups and Cisse will have a stormer against us.

and with regards to United being the new Chelsea, who did Utd buy last Summer? The money used for Hargreaves is money they were trying to spend on him last summer. And if you believe Utd have payed 16million or so upfront for two unproven players, Anderson and Nani, then your deluded. And then theres possibly Tevez, who there not going to pay 30million upfront for. So they actually havent spent an awful lot if you exclude Hargreaves and could be even less if they if they sell smith and richardson (wouldnt be suprised if Richardson goes to West Ham if Tevez goes to Utd as its former club)

Eh last summer they bought Carrick, and that polish goalkeeper, and probably one or two more. I'm not a ManU fan, so I can't list them off. And I never claimed they'd paid 16m up front for either Nanu or Anderson. What I said was
    The comment was based on the money they've commited themselves to spending this summer

ie they've committed to spending the down payment on them, plus additional payments totalling whatever the final figure is. Some are likely performance based on how many games he plays and honours he wins, whereas others are on a due date an extra x million will be paid. Neither I presume have Liverpool paid 20m up front for Torres either, its probably 10m this summer, 10m next summer etc plus additional after that. It still stands though. With what they've committed (ie downpayment plus all extras) to spend on Nanu, Anderson, Hargreaves and possibly Tevez if it goes through, they've way outspent every other team this summer. Now maybe since its early summer other teams will eventually match their total, but at the moment it isn't the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Quaresma who nobody really mentioned until this week and as soon as Liverpool are linked with him you want him more than Malouda?

Liverpool arent going to win stuff by buying the cheapest of them. No disrespect to the other too, but who do you see linked them with apart Liverpool and A.Madrid. If other clubs thought better of them, you would be hearing AC Milan/Inter/R.Madrid interested in them. And the only one out of those 3 being linked with one of them is Malouda. Somebody said before just because a player is linked with a big club doesnt mean there actually good......................, they cant be half bad either. As a Man United supporter, i'll be delighted if Liverpool go ahead and buy the cheapest of the 3. Its when they actually start buying more 15/20 million pound players that i'll be worried, and its something they'll have to do if they want to dominate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I think United should have paid £19m for Nani. That would have made him even better.

Stky10 wrote:
    Eh last summer they bought Carrick, and that polish goalkeeper, and probably one or two more. I'm not a ManU fan, so I can't list them off. And I never claimed they'd paid 16m up front for either Nanu or Anderson. What I said was

ie they've committed to spending the down payment on them, plus additional payments totalling whatever the final figure is. Some are likely performance based on how many games he plays and honours he wins, whereas others are on a due date an extra x million will be paid. Neither I presume have Liverpool paid 20m up front for Torres either, its probably 10m this summer, 10m next summer etc plus additional after that. It still stands though. With what they've committed (ie downpayment plus all extras) to spend on Nanu, Anderson, Hargreaves and possibly Tevez if it goes through, they've way outspent every other team this summer. Now maybe since its early summer other teams will eventually match their total, but at the moment it isn't the case.
    Tevez is proposed to be a loan deal just like Mascherano. If we pay for him in 2 years itll be because he'll have been worth it, if not then no biggie.

The only way United pay 16-18 million for Nani (not Nanu) and Anderson is if they both follow Ronaldo in the performance stakes, which will mean they were worth it, no?

The Pole was on loan last year and signed on this summer. Have to check the financial details on that one.

Hargreaves was out of last summers budget and the money raised by selling Ruud.

Again Ill say it. These extra payments will have been worth it if they are paid.

well I forgot about Carrick, tells you how much I think of him, and they only bought the Polish keeper this summer. But even so, if you counted carrick and hargreaves together last summer, its an average summer transfer spend now for United.

And even with Nani and Anderson, if they even paid upfront for them now and get Tevez on lean and pay for the polish keeper, again the transfer fee's involved wouldnt be a big suprise.

Cyrus wrote:
    i think you will find that net spend, liverpool have spend far less than united or chelsea over the past 5 years. And if you want to talk about flops why not talk about veron 28m!!! kleberson, djemba djemba, alan smith etc etc etc etc

united have some funny thing of paying way over the odds for portugese players, liverpool were offered ronaldo for 6.8m 3 weeks before united paid 12.5 for him :confused:
    Thats ur loss then isnt it.....and wheres your source on that? i could say we were offered Torres for 2 grand the other day if I wanted.....SOURCE OR BULL****.

Read my post again, I said yes we have had flops, but the number of pool flops is unreal.

Cheyrou, Diouf, Morientes, Bellamy, Cisse, Kewell, Traore, Kronkamp, Josemi, Pennant for the most part, Zenden, Gonzalez, Diao, im sure there are hundreds more that Houlier brought in that im forgetting and Benitez isnt much better for his revolving door.

Ill google more later if ya like, those r just off the top of my head!!!

• Advertisement

Quaresma who nobody really mentioned until this week and as soon as Liverpool are linked with him you want him more than Malouda?

I remember saying on here months ago that of all the players I'd like to see signed during the summer Quaresma would be one. And the link to him might not have been in seen in public, but on Liverpool forums there has been lots and lots of discussion about him and that he's one a lot of fans would like to see signed. Someone can do a search on here and show that. Or visit the RAWK forum, and see

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?board=31.0
    Liverpool arent going to win stuff by buying the cheapest of them. No disrespect to the other too, but who do you see linked them with apart Liverpool and A.Madrid. If other clubs thought better of them, you would be hearing AC Milan/Inter/R.Madrid interested in them. And the only one out of those 3 being linked with one of them is Malouda. Somebody said before just because a player is linked with a big club doesnt mean there actually good......................, they cant be half bad either. As a Man United supporter, i'll be delighted if Liverpool go ahead and buy the cheapest of the 3. Its when they actually start buying more 15/20 million pound players that i'll be worried, and its something they'll have to do if they want to dominate.

Actually if you check out calciomercato.com, you'll see over the past couple of months the likes of Inter Milan have been linked with him (Quaresma) as well. Plus Chelsea plus a few more. He also apparently turned down Bayern Munich.

And as the champions league semi-finals showed this year.. there's a lot more to teams than who has spent the most money. Look at last summer as well, who would have thought Shevchenko and Ballack could have turned out so badly. Next year it could be ManU (I certainly hope so).

quaresma was signed by barca as a teenager, didnt work out for him.

are nani and anderson crap because real didnt want them?

The Pole was on loan last year and signed on this summer. Have to check the financial details on that one.

Hargreaves was out of last summers budget and the money raised by selling Ruud.

You can dress it up with accountancy type tricks that payment for a player who'll only start next season was paid for out of last seasons budget, while a player you had last season is only paid for out of this years budget, but it doesn't change a thing. Its still money that this summer you've committed to spending on Hargreaves, Nani, Anderson and possibly Tevez. Thats what the public sees as happening, and as a result I think that most football fans will see ManU as becoming the new Chelsea no matter how much you hate it or try to prove otherwise. Whatever sympathy ManU had from neutrals as opposed to Chelsea is now lost.

I could go on more about it, but this is a Liverpool thread not a ManU one, and if I wanted to discuss ManU I'd head over to the ManU thread. I don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Not sure if it was mentioned, but we've picked up Ryan Crowther from Stockport, he's a 18 year old winger.

There's a lot of young players being signed, which is good to see.

Stky10 wrote:
    Whatever sympathy ManU had from neutrals as opposed to Chelsea is now lost.
    Neutrals like United over Chelsea and Liverpool cos they play entertaining non mechanical football mate.

And, if and when u splash out on a few wingers on top of Torres you will also be big spenders.............

I wont say anymore out of respect

Thats ur loss then isnt it.....and wheres your source on that? i could say we were offered Torres for 2 grand the other day if I wanted.....SOURCE OR BULL****.

Read my post again, I said yes we have had flops, but the number of pool flops is unreal.

Cheyrou, Diouf, Morientes, Bellamy, Cisse, Kewell, Traore, Kronkamp, Josemi, Pennant for the most part, Zenden, Gonzalez, Diao, im sure there are hundreds more that Houlier brought in that im forgetting and Benitez isnt much better for his revolving door.

Ill google more later if ya like, those r just off the top of my head!!!

those players werent all flops, some were disappointing but not flops, if you want to play that game i can add rio ferdinand, carrick, saha, and plenty more to my list

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Neutrals like United over Chelsea and Liverpool cos they play entertaining non mechanical football mate.

And, if and when u splash out on a few wingers on top of Torres you will also be big spenders.............

I wont say anymore out of respect

you are the reason ABU's exist by the way.
    born in 1984 im guessing..... right time to support a winning team in the mid-90's, wonder wat that team was...

have some dignity/grace will ya instead of just being another loud mouth utd with a hatred of liverpool fc.

u do utd (who are my 2nd fave team) no favours by rabbiting on the way you are. just solidifies the repuatation of obnoxious utd fans who have a mighty good view of the back of their tonsils.
    just as bad as delusional pool fans

How about drop it, I couldn't care less who United sign, I'm more interested on who're we're in for next.

Lots of rumours saying Quersma is going to Athletico Madrid, not sure who I would prefer from all the linked wingers.

Cyrus wrote:
    quaresma was signed by barca as a teenager, didnt work out for him.

are nani and anderson crap because real didnt want them?

Nani and Anderson are around 19/20 and unproven, not a lot of clubs would be willing to pay whatever Utd have paid and could all be laughing at Utd in a few years time.

While Quaresma is nearly 24 and Mancini is Quaresma is 27, so there isnt going to be a major improvement in their game while Nani and Anderson still can improve a lot..................or not at all. Quaresma left Barcelona because he refused to play for Rijkaard so i'd say he'd be causing trouble in no time.

• Advertisement

Nani and Anderson are around 19/20 and unproven, not a lot of clubs would be willing to pay whatever Utd have paid and could all be laughing at Utd in a few years time.

While Quaresma is nearly 24 and Mancini is Quaresma is 27, so there isnt going to be a major improvement in their game while Nani and Anderson still can improve a lot..................or not at all. Quaresma left Barcelona because he refused to play for Rijkaard so i'd say he'd be causing trouble in no time.
    Thats a fair point about Nani and Anderson and one I made in another thread, but they could also work out and have United laughing back.

As for Quaresma, if I were a pool fan Id want to see Mancini and Simao come in. Quaresma is a difficult personality as u have said and he is also very lazy in terms of backtracking and filling gaps.

Any more word on Gabriel Heinze??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

As for Quaresma, if I were a pool fan Id want to see Mancini and Simao come in. Quaresma is a difficult personality as u have said and he is also very lazy in terms of backtracking and filling gaps.

I agree. Quaresma looks like a bit of a dancer. A bit like C. Ronaldo.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I agree. Quaresma looks like a bit of a dancer. A bit like C. Ronaldo.
    He is from everything Ive seen of him. Mancini is the same but unlike Quaresma he does work back as well. And he's lightening quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cisse completes move to Marsielle. I've a feeling we'll never learn the price.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

What I would like out of either of the wingers is someone who can go past players (whether its a fancy flick or kick and run job). The clip posted earlier of Quar... seemed promising wouldn't mind someone like that.
    For all Ronaldo's bull**** when he's running at defenders he must frighten the crap out of them - except Cara ;) - thats what we're missing.
    Liverpool havn't propper winger since McManaman.

Lets hope we got some extra wedge due to the Hammers interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Waster

Price reported as £8.5m on YNWA.tv due to West Ham and Portsmouth interest. Good fee if it's accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

I've not read it but I believe the source for that is Phil Thompson's book. As I said I've not read it so not sure if figures, etc.. are quoted.

zing wrote:
    I've not read it but I believe the source for that is Phil Thompson's book. As I said I've not read it so not sure if figures, etc.. are quoted.
    Fair enough. Sorry if that seemed snappy I just hate seeing crap posted here without a source. We could all just say whatever the hell we wanted to in that case, open season.

As for Ronaldo, in all seriousness Im sure Thompson regrets that now. Just like the genius Man United scout who tunred down Henry cos he was "too raw". the source for that was an article on the old planetfootball.com from about 2-3 years ago..

Did I hear that West ham are preparing to bid a huge amount of money for Bellamy?

Did I hear that West ham are preparing to bid a huge amount of money for Bellamy?

Supposedly prepared to pay 8m for him and put him on 70k per week. But they're trying to be silly buggers by valuing Benayoun at 8m too and suggesting a straight swap. Bugger that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Well you certainly have been the perpetrator of most of the crap posting on this thread of late 1984.

Hopefully we get shot of Bellamy and Cisse and that nets us 14-15mill that would give us a few quid to go after a winger and perhaps a backup DC with the change or whatever else the yanks give us.

• Advertisement

Hopefully we get shot of Bellamy and Cisse and that nets us 14-15mill that would give us a few quid to go after a winger and perhaps a backup DC with the change or whatever else the yanks give us.

Rafa said something the other day about needing to sell but that his next signing wouldn't be dependent on selling first. Or something along those lines anyway. Which would suggest that 15m for Bellamy & Cisse would be in addition to what he has to spend already.

Well you certainly have been the perpetrator of most of the crap posting on this thread of late 1984.

It was on SSN buddy. They were goin through the evening papers. Learn how to handle an opinion, I actually came in here to try and be friendly about my opinion but as usal had about 6 people jump down my throat for bein a United fan on this thread even though 1) theres no rule sayin opposition fans cant post her and 2) pool fans are always in the united thread which is fine by me. Just cos Im not in here raving about certain players from Pool doesnt mean Im not allowed an opinion, k?

As for Bellamy going, that would leave u with Torres, Kuyt, Crouch and Valorin. 4 strikers is the generally accepted number for a good squad so might be some truth to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Calling somebody a retard, whinging about people talking Sh1t, shouting on thread. They are not the actions of somebody just giving an opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

People get so confrontational, I just dont get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

People get so confrontational, I just dont get it.

people are people and confrontation on an internet forum is fun!

I'd love to see half of these folks squaring up to each other like this in the middle of the street ;)

people are people and confrontation on an internet forum is fun!

I'd love to see half of these folks squaring up to each other like this in the middle of the street ;)
    Thems fighting words. You, me. NOW!!

Anyways hope we get rid of Bellers and Cisse (despite me still liking him) and get one maybe two top class wingers (I'm hoping Kewell will come good...)

You, me. NOW!!

And that sounds more like a doomed to fail chat up line to me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Its mad how people go on about "ah if we sell x we get x more amount of extra money to spend", i seriously doubt it works like that. Do you not tink all the head men sit down and discuss all the possbile avenues before any transfer budget is agreed? Especially with the huge amount of money that are being used. Im sure the americans have takin into consideration the sale of current assests when telling Rafa how much he has to spend.

Although im quite drunk and am thus probably talking ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Does anybody have a link to Liverpool transfers in & out since the arrival of Benitez?

People mention he has spent a lot of money since his arrival but I doubt not as much as GH. Also seems that Rafa seems to be able to sell players on for profit whereas it always seemed under GH we were letting players go for cut price or releasing them for no reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Its mad how people go on about "ah if we sell x we get x more amount of extra money to spend", i seriously doubt it works like that. Do you not tink all the head men sit down and discuss all the possbile avenues before any transfer budget is agreed? Especially with the huge amount of money that are being used. Im sure the americans have takin into consideration the sale of current assests when telling Rafa how much he has to spend.

Although im quite drunk and am thus probably talking ****e.
    Hehe. No, no not at all. Its a very good point.

I think a lot of us are guilty of assuming that the manager will get to spend all transfer income receive. But of course that may not always be the case.

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Does anybody have a link to Liverpool transfers in & out since the arrival of Benitez?

People mention he has spent a lot of money since his arrival but I doubt not as much as GH. Also seems that Rafa seems to be able to sell players on for profit whereas it always seemed under GH we were letting players go for cut price or releasing them for no reason.

The latest version of the spreadsheet in this thread might be a good place
    to start: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055102447 but it's done annually rather than per season so you may need to chop & change it a bit to get the figures you're looking for. I'd actually say he probably has spent more than Houlier but I've not checked.

As for selling players on for a profit with the sale of Bellamy he's probably close to even with regards to the players he's brought in & sold on (not counting Cisse or any other Houllier players here as Rafa didn't buy them). Nando was the only one he made a noticeable loss on and the profit on Bellamy will go some way to balancing that out.

I did find a very handy lfc site a month or 6 weeks ago which tried to list all lfc transfers by manager and costs/money gotten against them but can't find it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Lex Luthor wrote:

that shouldnt be rafas concern though

i think he has bought too many players and sold them on the following year. it will need some stability for them to make a challenge for the title.

Even in the Torres press conference, he said he prefers 3 strikers to get 15 each rather than one get 25 or so. Sort of indicated again that he will be rotating.
    He needs to pick a settled team, and give the new boys a chance to settle, before shipping them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Rafa will always rotate. It's his style and he's not gonna change it no matter how many internet-forum managers tell him he's wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

perhaps

though if he continues, IMO, he wont win the PL

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Liverpool 3-0 up againt Wrexham after 23 minutes. 3 crosses from Pennant, 3 goals for Besian Idrizaj.
    Very much a reserve Liverpool team. Only regular first team players are Sissoko, Finnan and Pennant.

Daemonic wrote:
    Liverpool 3-0 up againt Wrexham after 23 minutes. 3 crosses from Pennant, 3 goals for Besian Idrizaj.
    Very much a reserve Liverpool team. Only regular first team players are Sissoko, Finnan and Pennant.

No La Tallec which I'm rather surprised to see. Writing must be on the wall for him so..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

jonny24ie wrote:
    On loan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

zing wrote:
    The latest version of the spreadsheet in this thread might be a good place
    to start: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055102447 but it's done annually rather than per season so you may need to chop & change it a bit to get the figures you're looking for. I'd actually say he probably has spent more than Houlier but I've not checked.

As for selling players on for a profit with the sale of Bellamy he's probably close to even with regards to the players he's brought in & sold on (not counting Cisse or any other Houllier players here as Rafa didn't buy them). Nando was the only one he made a noticeable loss on and the profit on Bellamy will go some way to balancing that out.

I did find a very handy lfc site a month or 6 weeks ago which tried to list all lfc transfers by manager and costs/money gotten against them but can't find it now.
    nice one...that spreadsheet is useful

• Advertisement

Bellers is gone
    http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=475697&CPID=8&clid=14&lid=&title=Bellamy+joins+Hammers

Good player but couldn't hack it in Rafa's rotation. All the best Craig.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement