Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Neil1984 - i can sum up all his posts in the following:

Liverpool fan's are hypocrites cause they like Liverpool players and not ManU players. I like ManU players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Neil1984 - Your point is essentially that some Liverpool fans on youtube ribbed Neville, and you want some kinda justice now against Carra. (here or on youtube?)

You're consistently trying to veer this discussion into a Liverpool v Manu debate, which no-one is really interested in.

As I've already mentioned the retirements of Scholes / Carra are two very different circumstances, and Carra's invitation down to Melwood/Anfield is him asking why it's OK for some random nobody from Talksport who can't even dream of the highs that Jamie has achieved in the game is belittling a decision which wasn't made lightly.

In all honest Neil1984, you're hellbent on trolling the balls of this thread, what exactly are you hoping to achieve ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

My bad, I thought it was his estate, my mistake. Same difference though. Why does he need him to say it to his face? is he gonna assault the guy?? get real.

I dont agree, sure Scholes could still be playing but its not the point. Plus Scholes was played out on the left a lot in his England career. You cant apply different sets of rules for these things. Its either acceptable or it isnt. Carragher is good enough to still be playing also which negates your point.
    It's not the same thing though is it, you are just back to stir some more after your last bout of it. why do you assume that he is going to assault the guy, is it because of some deep seeded fear of scousers that you have or something ? it was clear even from the other guy that he was embarassed to be speaking to Jamie, I can't imagine that face to face (and without the threat of physical violence that you seem to think was inherent in what he said) that that commentator would have said half of the rubbish he did.

Carragher is good enough to be playing in the first place is the point that Carragher made, he has spoken to McClaren and he has made a decision based on the manager seeing him perform in CL finals and qualifying campaigns and still not thinking him good enogh to get a game ahead of Ledley or sicknote. If he is not good enough in the opinion of the manager to be in ahead of the four that he has then why does you think that he will get better than these players who are still improving, most of whom are younger than him ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

My bad, I thought it was his estate, my mistake. Same difference though. Why does he need him to say it to his face? is he gonna assault the guy?? get real.

I dont agree, sure Scholes could still be playing but its not the point. Plus Scholes was played out on the left a lot in his England career. You cant apply different sets of rules for these things. Its either acceptable or it isnt. Carragher is good enough to still be playing also which negates your point.

But Jamie was also played entirely out of position at full back / defensive mid throughout his international career, I think he has just had enough of it at this stage. The final straw was when King was picked over him despite being having been out for a long time with injury.

Big step from come here and say that to my face and assault BTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Eh no. He'd just been called a bottler by this twit who spends his day sitting behind his desk talking crap and trying to create a bit of a stir to give his crap show some life. Seeing if said twit had the bottle to say this to his (Carra's) face would test the twits bottle?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

It was Scholes, my point about Neville was that he got pranked by a Liverpool fan who somehow got his number, and he went mad at the guy demanding to know how he got his private phone number, which is a fair enough question to ask. The way he asked it and the later revelation that the guy was 15 was out of line sure, but in fairness how was he to know he was 15.....but the poinbt i was makin was theres countless comments on that vid saying "he's (insert banned forum word here!!)" etc etc, and the same posters will be guaranteed to be on youtube when the Carra vid is on sayin fair play to him, hes a legend.

Well there was absolutely no mention of a Neville prank call in your pre-edit'ed post so how was anyone to get that point ?

I've not heard said prank call but from how you've described it above it sounds very different to Carra calling into a radio station to defend his name. So I personally don't really see the relevance in comparing the two incidents but if you do then fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Troll1984 must be onephatphuck with all the feeding he's getting :D
    Liverpool fan's are hypocrites cause they like Liverpool players and not ManU players. I like ManU players.
    It does get boring after you've read it a few times. But at least you can just skip by it now.

zabbo wrote:
    Neil1984 - Your point is essentially that some Liverpool fans on youtube ribbed Neville, and you want some kinda justice now against Carra. (here or on youtube?)

You're consistently trying to veer this discussion into a Liverpool v Manu debate, which no-one is really interested in.

As I've already mentioned the retirements of Scholes / Carra are two very different circumstances, and Carra's invitation down to Melwood/Anfield is him asking why it's OK for some random nobody from Talksport who can't even dream of the highs that Jamie has achieved in the game is belittling a decision which wasn't made lightly.

In all honest Neil1984, you're hellbent on trolling the balls of this thread, what exactly are you hoping to achieve ?
    Thats not it at all. I was using it as an example of how a sort of double standard seems to apply. Im well aware that most people here arent posting on youtube but it was the closest I could get to an example without just sayin "this is what they would have said".

What difference would saying it to his face make? Thanks for the fish? If someone says "come over here and say that to my face" its pretty obvious where theyre going with that. Its nothin to do with him being a scouser, u brought that up not me. I just questioner why he was so insistent for the guy to say it to his face, so hold your horses on the abuse.

I actually think that the presenter was out of line with his crap, my point was Carragher shouldnt have risen to it, just like he shouldnt have thrown the coin blindly back into the crowd at Highbury.....the crowd were bang out of order throwing the coin but u just cant go throwin it back, theyre professional footballers, if they cant deal with criticism and abuse theyre in the wrong job. That bubble gum radio shows gonna make a lotta money out of that now, he would have been better off sayin nothing or sending in a letter with a statement where he wouldnt be riled into asking the guy to say something to his face.

I agree that he is good enough to be in the team and Ive said that now - twice. Ur choosing to ignore certian parts of what I say and jump the gun on other things Im saying. He is good enough, better than King or Woodgate, and between himself and Rio it depends on wheter your looking for balls to the wall, no nonsense defending or ball playing with the odd mistake.......

Im not trolling, im makin a point. I got heated the other day and carried away and apologised for that but today my point is valid and its most definitely not trolling. Try and actually read what Im saying and respond to that instead of taking the easy route and throwing the troll accusation out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Try and actually read what Im saying and respond to that instead of taking the easy route and throwing the troll accusation out there.

I don't know, you seem pretty trollish to me, and I read what you said :) In all fairness, you are basically saying,
    hey you guys are supporting Carragher,
    but some other Liverpool fans in the past slagged off Neville for acting unprofessional,
    therefore, all Liverpool fans are hypocrites

Is that the crux of it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Stky10 wrote:
    Eh no. He'd just been called a bottler by this twit who spends his day sitting behind his desk talking crap and trying to create a bit of a stir to give his crap show some life. Seeing if said twit had the bottle to say this to his (Carra's) face would test the twits bottle?.

Well he specifically said "come down to Anfield on a Champions League night". Why would he specify Champions League night if it was for a physical fight with him or whatever?

I think what Carra was saying to him was, "come down the Melwood or Anfield on a CL night, and you'll see what I'm all about". i.e. He lets his football do the talking.

• Advertisement

Look basically since u all are usin the troll card cos u seemingly have nothin better to come at me with here it is simply. First of all, Im talking about carragher not you so dont get so personal and act as if Im here insulting your mother.

Secondly my point was simple, pro footballers are not supposed to rise to bait. Gesturing to fans a la Joey Barton or Beckham, assaulting fans a la Joey Barton or Cantona (see the way Im usin United players of past days here, how is this Man U vs Liverpoo, or trolling if Im doin that???) are ay more serious than getting involved in a public argument on the radio but thats not the point, theyre supposed to keep a cool head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It was Scholes, my point about Neville was that he got pranked by a Liverpool fan who somehow got his number, and he went mad at the guy demanding to know how he got his private phone number, which is a fair enough question to ask. The way he asked it and the later revelation that the guy was 15 was out of line sure, but in fairness how was he to know he was 15.....but the poinbt i was makin was theres countless comments on that vid saying "he's (insert banned forum word here!!)" etc etc, and the same posters will be guaranteed to be on youtube when the Carra vid is on sayin fair play to him, hes a legend.

The fact that some idiots on Youtube were wrong doesnt really have much to do with anything though. Id be astonished if you found a single person on here who would say Neville was wrong for telling a prank caller to f-off.

And as for Carra's thing, you should have a listen to it properly when you leave work/limited access, he says clearly that the TalkSport guy has his opinions, which Jamie said and insisted he no problem with, but that it frustrated and annoyed him having the presented telling the thousands of people listening that he was a bottler, that he deserves his chance to defend himself with his view. Which he did. Rather then shout abuse as you seem to be making out, he explained in full his reasons for possibly quitting, which the presenter countered, which jamie would then respond to. When he invited him down to Melwood or Anfield it was quite clearly not in a confrontational "say that to my face so i can hit you" kind of way, by the end of the interview they were laughing about it.

Personally i thought it was a very honest open conversation, there was no abuse shouted, no threats, he came on and gave his honest, realistic defence.

PHB wrote:
    I don't know, you seem pretty trollish to me, and I read what you said :) In all fairness, you are basically saying,
    but some other Liverpool fans in the past slagged off Neville for acting unprofessional,

Is that the crux of it?
    No I said that it was unprofessional. Then I said Im sure Neville would be abused for this, whcih is a fair enough point....

Troll1984 wrote:
    Look basically since u all are usin the troll card cos u seemingly have nothin better to come at me with here it is simply. First of all, Im talking about carragher not you so dont get so personal and act as if Im here insulting your mother.
    Someone who wasn't trolling would have listened to the mp3, instead of harping on about some youtube crusade against Neville.

I'm loving the comparison between Cantana booting someone in the crowd, and Carragher calling a radio show, clever mate, you're giving ManU fans a bit name with your idiotic ramblings.

are ay more serious than getting involved in a public argument on the radio but thats not the point, theyre supposed to keep a cool head.

That wasn't your initial point, your initial point was,
    Theres a vid on youtube of Neville being pranked on his PRIVATE phone by a Liverpool fan and he tells the guy to get fu**ed and under the vid the Pool fans are on in droves complainin about how he's unprofessional etc, that was his private cell for nobody else to hear as opposed to a public radio station....same set of rules guys.

~Rebel~ wrote:
    And as for Carra's thing, you should have a listen to it properly when you leave work/limited access, he says clearly that the TalkSport guy has his opinions, which Jamie said he no problem with, but that it frustrated and annoyed him being called a bottler to the thousands of people listening, that he deserves his chance to defend himself with his view. When he invited him down to Melwood or Anfield it was quite clearly not in a confrontational "say that to my face so i can hit you" kind of way, by the end of the interview they were laughing about it.

OK that sounds a lot different to the clip I heard on the radio this morning. They only played the "Come to Melwood and you can say that to my face" line after talking about his "argument". I was goin on what i heard. If thats what was said then fine. The way I heard it sounded fishier but then again when these things are taken out of context that can happen.

Ill say it agin, I agree with him, and Woodgate is nowhere near him. But football players shouldnt rise to bait. Ive seen John Terry and Lampard both talk about how they are constantly tempted to phone into these shows but dont cos it gives those morons more attention than theyre worth.

Carragher is good enough to play for England.

Look basically since u all are usin the troll card cos u seemingly have nothin better to come at me with here it is simply.

PHB, a ManU fan, with no love for Liverpool or Carragher also think you are a troll. I don't know if you are a troll, you just seem like the kind of person whose mummy loves him too much and never disagrees with him, and you can't understand why anyone else would ever disagree with you.

If Neville had said the same as Carragher I wouldn't give a toss. I certainly would have no interest of going on to the ManU "signings and rumours" thread and engaging in a debate about it.

Why shouldn't Carragher call up these guys who were bad-mouthing him? He's not a UN Diplomat. He's a good honest footballer, from a working class background, whose friends and family probably listen to these types of shows. He conducted himself well.

What any of this has to do with Liverpool Signings or Rumours is beyond me.

zabbo wrote:
    Someone who wasn't trolling would have listened to the mp3, instead of harping on about some youtube crusade against Neville.

I'm loving the comparison between Cantana booting someone in the crowd, and Carragher calling a radio show, clever mate, you're giving ManU fans a bit name with your idiotic ramblings.
    U just made urself look real clever since what I said was there was a big difference between assaulting a fan and ringing a show but the principle is the same, dont react. Again with the seeing what u wanna see. Bet u felt real clever changin my name to Troll1984, but u just look like an idiot to me since I didnt COMPARE the two.

OK that sounds a lot different to the clip I heard on the radio this morning. They only played the "Come to Melwood and you can say that to my face" line after talking about his "argument". I was goin on what i heard. If thats what was said then fine. The way I heard it sounded fishier but then again when these things are taken out of context that can happen.

Ill say it agin, I agree with him, and Woodgate is nowhere near him. But football players shouldnt rise to bait. Ive seen John Terry and Lampard both talk about how they are constantly tempted to phone into these shows but dont cos it gives those morons more attention than theyre worth.

Carragher is good enough to play for England.

In that case your on a totally different wavelength to everyone else, in that you're arguing about a snippet of Carra being frustrated, but which obviously doesnt include him saying "you have your opinions, which is fine, i just dont like you insulting me to the thousands of people listening", or the 6mins or so of them actually discussing his reasons for staying/going.

Everyone else has heard the full thing so have a context to put it in, so this conversation/argument is pretty pointless till you hear it all.

And i would definately agree that Neville has the full right to tell a prank caller to f-off. Just because the club has some fans who are idiots first, fans second giving him abuse on youtube doesnt mean thats the opinion of Pool fans everywhere (by the way not exactly a place to find calm reasoned discussion anyway, theres a reason i nearly go out of my way not to scroll down through the comments on there). If you dont agree with the comments on nevilles youtube clip, and we dont agree with the comments on the youtube clip, that makes it kind of irrelevent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

U just made urself look real clever since what I said was there was a big difference between assaulting a fan and ringing a show but the principle is the same, dont react. Again with the seeing what u wanna see. Bet u felt real clever changin my name to Troll1984, but u just look like an idiot to me since I didnt COMPARE the two.

Eh how exactly?

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    PHB, a ManU fan, with no love for Liverpool or Carragher also think you are a troll. I don't know if you are a troll, you just seem like the kind of person whose mummy loves him too much and never disagrees with him, and you can't understand why anyone else would ever disagree with you.

If Neville had said the same as Carragher I wouldn't give a toss. I certainly would have no interest of going on to the ManU "signings and rumours" thread and engaging in a debate about it.

Why shouldn't Carragher call up these guys who were bad-mouthing him? He's not a UN Diplomat. He's a good honest footballer, from a working class background, whose friends and family probably listen to these types of shows. He conducted himself well.

What any of this has to do with Liverpool Signings or Rumours is beyond me.
    This is hilarious. U guys are so precious its unreal I come in here with an opinion which differs to all you guys and Im a troll? In my opinion footballers shouldnt rise to the bait. Simple as. You dont agree? Say u dont agree, resorting to the troll thing is just an admission that u have nothing better to come back with? Do i call u a troll for disagreeing with me? No. I can call u a troll for bringin personal crap like talkin bout peoples mothers into it when Im expressing an opinion, I could talk about your upbringing too, I could mention how the fact that u take half of what i say and ignore the other half meant u werrent raised to be very bright but im not gonna get into that even though u seem to want to.

I know theyre only people and everyone has a boiling point but IMO they should take the high ground and not give these clowns the satisfaction. therefor I dont agree that he did the right thing.

Well lets see, why would I post about it in the Liverpool thread...hmmmmm....maybe cos this is the only place to talk about Liverpool related news? maybe cos a pool fan posted the link which then made it open to discussion? Is that really that hard to comprehend?

This is hilarious. U guys are so precious its unreal I come in here with an opinion which differs to all you guys and Im a troll? In my opinion footballers shouldnt rise to the bait. Simple as

That's not all you said was it though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

You're gonna feel real stupid once you hear the full recording Neil.
    on a different note, if i see that 'Hammers Nail x' pun headline again (everytime westham do anything it's used), i'm gonna go fúcking mental!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Actually - carragher said "say it to my face and we'll see what happens"

At the end of the conversation, when he reiterated his invitation to come see him, he said "Bring boxing gloves", but that last bit was said while laughing.

Honestly, I don't think Carragher would have actually fought him, but is clearly what he originally implied.

As for retiring from international football....so what? Why is such a big deal made out of representing your country at a game of football? He wasn't getting played, it was time away from his family for no good reason (yeah, sorry luv, i won't see you for a few weeks cause i have to go kick a ball round a training pitch then sit on my arse, or get played out of position and slagged off for not being brilliant)

The Scholes and Carragher situations are very similar - both made decisions based on inferior players getting picked ahead of them (imo, Rio and Terry are better then Carragher, but no one else in the England setup) or they'd try their hardest out of position and still get it in the neck cause they didn't perform like they do in their prefered positions. It is a no win situation. Sure, Scholes could still play for england, but neither Stevie Mac nor Sven were going to drop both/either Gerrard and Lampard from the CM positions so Scholes could play in his natural position, so what would the point in coming back be - to sit on the bench or play on the wing? Great.

Same with Carragher - he has better, and infinately more important things to be doing with his time then providing extra numbers for england training sessions.

Well what you could always do is answer the posts which dont call you a troll, perhaps more fool me for trying to make a reasoned response to why this discussion is pointless untill we have all heard the same clip.

You're major point has shifted to "Carra Shouldnt Have Risen To The Bait".

If you Listen to the 9minute clip rather then a few seconds, you would have heard that Carra DID NOT in fact rise to the bait. He was frustrated clearly at the start, but he did himself proud IMO in that he actually argued the points rather then responding with abuse like you make out (eg Adrian claimed he should just stay on and keep battling for his place, to which Carra responded that he's been doing that for 8 years, and is now losing his place to guys much younger then him as well as those the same age, so obviously in the managers eyes what he's done thus far in his career hasnt been enough, so as he starts to go downhill he has absolutely no chance)

• Advertisement

You are being called a troll because you are playing the part of one, now I do not know if it is an act or your personality but continuing in this line is unadvisable. You are trolling, drawing comparisons with things that have no bearing. continuing to maintain that there was some threat of physical violence despite not listening to the clip and the context that the snippet you heard was said in. All the actions of a troll, even Man U fans are here calling you a troll and they are not often to be found siding with pool fans, coem on, just own up, come out form under the bridge and go to one of the many troll support groups that are out there.

As I remember it it was the presenter who asked the other presenter shoudl I bring boxing gloves Tauren. But I am open to correction on that one as I am sure you will be if you find that you are wrong and you will edit your post to that effect.

griffdaddy wrote:
    You're gonna feel real stupid once you hear the full recording Neil.
    on a different note, if i see that 'Hammers Nail x' pun headline again (everytime westham do anything it's used), i'm gonna go fúcking mental!
    Maybe but I still stand by the fact that he should engage in arguments live on radio.

I think I may have found the inaugral entry to my ignore list. Now if only everyone else can agree not to quote or respond to him...

Maybe but I still stand by the fact that he should engage in arguments live on radio.
    Sory Reactor.

How is it a fact that he should not have phoned in. It is your opinion, perhaps your basic lack of understanding is underpinning issues that you seem to have with others...

Anyway - moving away from handbags and back to football ...

Babel move likely to be completed within the next 24 hours for around 10m.

Talks also ongoing for Benayoun, progress being made but fee still something of a sticking point.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2007/07/10/benitez--8217--double-swoop-100252-19433232/

• Advertisement

PHB wrote:
    That's not all you said was it though?
    No.

I knew there'd be people in here saying that Carragher and Scholes was "different". Its not. They both retired early "Carragher got played out of position"....so did Scholes, on the left wing to 1) fill the void cos they had no winger and 2) accomodate Gerrard and Lampard together.

The Neville reference was perhaps ill advised and Ill apologise for that unconditionally.

But I stand by the rest, Im entitled to respond to people callin me a troll, since Im expressing an opinion, Im not gonna come here and say fair play just cos people in here cant take it, when its not what i think. Im speakin my mind.

Im speakin my mind.

Your mind will get lock-jaw if you keep going on like that.
    Sory Reactor.

you're dead to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

so have you heard the .mp3 yet? If you haven't, your whole argument is akin to one of my mates ringing me up and telling me he got a new jumper, and then i respond that i think it's disgusting before I've even seen it. (Similes never were my strong point:o )

zing wrote:

Babel move likely to be completed within the next 24 hours for around 10m.

Talks also ongoing for Benayoun, progress being made but fee still something of a sticking point.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2007/07/10/benitez--8217--double-swoop-100252-19433232/
    Bascombe is usually on the money, West Ham want 6m, because they've given us 7.5m for Craig.

Sory Reactor.

How is it a fact that he should not have phoned in. It is your opinion, perhaps your basic lack of understanding is underpinning issues that you seem to have with others...
    Not based on lack of understanding. Its based on my opinion. How is your opinion based on sincere understanding, thats just being pretentious. I dont believe footballers should react to this sort of thing. Its something (one of many apparently) that we disagree on, and there no right and wrong or lack of understanding, theres simply your opinion and mine.

I said i stand by it, fact was the wrong word, I stand by my opinion. I find it hilarious that ur not allowed have an opinion around here unless its pro the club on the thread. U dont see me throwing mickey fits in the united thread when negative things are said, I dont make reference to said posters mothers, i dont call them trolls, i say "I disagree because"

zing wrote:

Another youth signing about to be made... David Amoo

http://liverpoolfc.co.za/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1126051643/m/4801062504

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Your mind will get lock-jaw if you keep going on like that.
    Excuse me for not being intimidated out of expressing my opinion by some sensitive fans. It shouldnt be a love in here, there should be varying opinions.

Enough of this. Again an opinion become a trolljob in your eyes cos i didnt say "I love Rafa".

Im not gonna reply again to anyone.

I dont make reference to said posters mothers

*sigh* I don't know you or your mother. Merely you sound like someone who was mothered a little too hard. Perhaps your mother should have turned it down a notch.. that's all.

The only thing I know about you is that you seem to have a hangup either about LFC as a whole or you just don't like LFC supporters. Oh and that you work with Millersangel... which I have to say, sounds a little far-fetched.

Stky10 wrote:
    Another youth signing about to be made... David Amoo

http://liverpoolfc.co.za/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1126051643/m/4801062504
    all this young players sound good, especially with the new youth coach and Rafa getting more involved in the setup.

Not based on lack of understanding. Its based on my opinion. How is your opinion based on sincere understanding, thats just being pretentious. I dont believe footballers should react to this sort of thing. Its something (one of many apparently) that we disagree on, and there no right and wrong or lack of understanding, theres simply your opinion and mine.

I said i stand by it, fact was the wrong word, I stand by my opinion. I find it hilarious that ur not allowed have an opinion around here unless its pro the club on the thread. U dont see me throwing mickey fits in the united thread when negative things are said, I dont make reference to said posters mothers, i dont call them trolls, i say "I disagree because"

I have never claimed that my opinion was any better than yours although in this case I will hold my hands up and say that it is. What I have also never done was claim that something I held as an opinion is fact. Thankfully you are not representative of the Man U users on boards as most of those seem to know a bit about footy and are not on here just to troll and then whinge about being victimised, they put up reasoned arguments instead of banging their head on the keyboard for a while and seeing what bile they can produce and when found out, change target and pretend like you never said what you have been pulled up on by editign the thread or saying oh well that's not what I meant to say....

BTW if you continue on this trolling crusade of yours then I do not see you lasting long in the soccer forum. You can have that bit of advice for nothing.

• Advertisement

Had a post written out carrying on this Neil saga, but decided enoughs enough.

13.5mill for Babel is very steep for potential IMO, it was looking like 6mill at the start - thats some increase! I dont know enough about him to say whether its worth it or not, but it seems extreme that he would cost the same as the finished article of Malouda..

Also its great to see Mascherano adding a few goals to his game for Argentina. Think he'll be very important for us next season. Im a little worried however, with Lucas coming in and Momo signing a new contract, that Mascherano will be gone after the loan period and that hes just there now as a stopgap while the other 2 develop..

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    *sigh* I don't know you or your mother. Merely you sound like someone who was mothered a little too hard. Perhaps your mother should have turned it down a notch.. that's all.

The only thing I know about you is that you seem to have a hangup either about LFC as a whole or you just don't like LFC supporters. Oh and that you work with Millersangel... which I have to say, sounds a little far-fetched.
    Cool well ill let that go. Just to say that its just an ill advised route to go in an argument cos it makes people angry. I apologised for the Neville remark, his name does not invoke happy responses in here(and rightly so, hes a bitter twat)

I dont have too much of a problem with either. My only problem with LFC is the same as urs with United, rivalry, not hatred on my part. I have some best mates who are Pool fans too. Normally I can talk to them bout football without it gettin too heated cos theyre used to me speakin my mind and they speak theirs, we dont rose tint our opinions to avoid hurting feelings. Thats all. I do work with him, hes like what u perceive me to be in the opposite, ie a LFC fan.

As for the rest of it, hope u realise its just an opinion and i was tryin to use examples to back it up, again my nature which u would know, my pet hate is people sayin things without providing a source hence why i try to use accessable examples.

I find it hilarious that ur not allowed have an opinion around here unless its pro the club on the thread.

That's not true - the likes of PHB and others have been hanging around this thread for a long time and offering their opinion (even if it is wrong sometimes :p ) about signings, etc.. Has led to multiple page debates but I can't recall it degrading to the point of PHB being called a troll.

Some question why Utd, etc.. fans hang around this thread but I personally don't see any issue with it and have posted on occasion in the utd transfers thread.

my pet hate is people sayin things without providing a source hence why i try to use accessable examples.
    While completely avoiding the source which was on this very thread :rolleyes:

Enough is enough on this but i will say Fish, this isnt about knowledge on football, its an opinion on wheter he shouldve been callin in or not. We have differing opinions, u view yourself as right and I see myself as right. Others will take sides and since this is the LFC u have ur support which is fine by me. But u are not "catagorically" right. Has nothin to do with knowledge of the game.

I also didnt avoid the source, i heard him say "come down here and say that" on the radio................

Done now. Say whatever.

you've based this whole discussion on the 5 second soundbite you heard on radio and not the 9minute segment the rest of us have listened to.

It looks like only you view yourself as right, opinions are like ass holes....

Done now. Say whatever.

Well one thing has come from it, this thread is now be the fourth most posted in thread, as well as the most viewed thread. Still listed as fifth most posted in, but it mustn't update all that often.

Stky10 wrote:
    Well one thing has come from it, this thread is now be the fourth most posted in thread, as well as the most viewed thread. Still listed as fifth most posted in, but it mustn't update all that often.
    LOL just doin my bit!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

PHB wrote:

Is that the crux of it?
    QED

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

If the transfer fee of 13.5m is true then this is almost as major a turning point for Liverpool as the Torres transfer. The fact that we can pay 13.5m (only 500,000 off our biggest transfer pre-Torres) for a 20 year old with lots of potential who is unlikely to be a first team starter next season is great.

When I read up about the guy and heard that he is creative, direct, pacey, can run with the ball and score, play on both wings, as stiker or in the hole I thought that he must be a replacement for Garcia and that we would drop our interest in Benayoun. However it looks like we are interested in signing both. Does this mean that we wont be signing a new established LW ?

This shows firstly that Rafa has a lot of faith in Kewell. Secondly, he has stated that he wanted to bring in two or three new faces after Torres (Babel, Benayoun, Heinze or another defender) and after having supposed bids turned down for Malouda, Mancini and Quresma all for around 13m which is the price Babel is quoted at, it certainly looks as if he is being brought in for the LW position instead of the named players.

If Torres, Babel & Lucas reach their potential over the next couple of years it could prove to be a very successful summer of transfers for Liverpool. Would you lot be happy with this -

Lucas
    Veronin
    Torres
    Babel
    Benayoun
    Heinze (or similar defender)

Im not sure I would. At the start of the transfer season I wanted Rafa to buy two players that would walk into the first 11. I only see one (Torres) there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement