Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

my first use of setanta sub, have to say the pictures are prety poor quality. Hope it is the feed from germany and this isn't the height of it. Nice couple of goals but the keeper was pretty poor on both of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

have to say the pictures are prety poor quality. Hope it is the feed from germany and this isn't the height of it.

Camera quality is always from the stadium not from the station, nothing Setanta can do about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

right tried getting a few streams to work but no joy...i give up! :(
    Maybe my local has setanta sports 1 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

PHB wrote:
    Camera quality is always from the stadium not from the station, nothing Setanta can do about it.

Thats rubbish! picture quality issues are generally due to the bandwidth assigned to the channel, which varies greatly on Sky. That's why some channels have many more artifacts on the sky platform than others.

nice dummy by voronin for kuyt to stick it away, but offside by a yard.
    benayoun on now too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

copacetic wrote:
    Thats rubbish! picture quality issues are generally due to the bandwidth assigned to the channel, which varies greatly on Sky. That's why some channels have many more artifacts on the sky platform than others.

This is also true but if the picture Setanta are getting is crap then no amount of bandwidth is going to make it good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

zabbo wrote:

I think its more my pc having issues than with the streams themselves, thanks anyway though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Is babel on?

Dub13 wrote:
    This is also true but if the picture Setanta are getting is crap then no amount of bandwidth is going to make it good.

of course, thats why I said i hoped that was a problem in my original post!

don't think babel is on, anyone know who 21 is? not on the shirt number list that I saw and don't recognise him :o

edit: looks like Nabil El Zhar, but he should be 42, good touches

• Advertisement

another from voronin, again keeper didn't do too well but nice finish.
    nice through ball, didn't catch who it was but possibly benayoun, those
    2 and kuyt have been linking up well

3-1 Voronin again

He's looked the sharpest of our strikers over the last 2 games.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Voronin has looked lively in the last two games.

Torres on now

Torres is on

Torres comes on for Vorinin !!!!

How longs left?

23 to go. have to say benayoun has looked impressive. like a more reliable garcia.

Come on Fernando, make us dream! ;)

• Advertisement

babel warming up

That was a very weird goal, which has now been ruled out. Very confusing

dunno what happened there, but they scored. 3-2. looked about 10 yards offside but given. carragher let a low through ball go and they just ran onto it.

babel on for el zhar

Now they have ruled out that goal!!

Sounds like a nice professionally run game then...

it was weird, looked like ref gave it. went up on scoreboard and on setanta, we put babel on. then the ref gave the offside after much discussion and they took they goal off scoreboards.

torres went by last defender with ease there but tried to pick out babel rather than take the shot.

they just replayed the offside too and he was at least 5 yards off.

• Advertisement

sloppy defending, darby own goal from cross across five yard line after poor attempt to hold offside line.

great effort from kuyt, keeper saves and gets up to stop torres on rebound.

and he just beat keeper and defender to ball at edge of box and dinked it just wide. two good chances to score on debut.

I must say, Torres really adds to Liverpool's overall play more than anything else. His link up play is really very impressive.

babel beats 2 or 3 on edge of box,with quick feet, but weak shot. they are just noticing that he doesn't seem too keen on staying out on left. but don't blame him as we have taken foot of pedal last 15

all over. looks ok going forward but not too hot at the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

That lad Voronin looks a class player. If hes given the chance to start with Torres I think they will do well together, potentially very well.

Might as well bin Crouch. He'll have splinters in his arse by the end of August :D

WTF was that Bremen goal all about, I went out to make a cup of tea and came back and then the ref disallowed it :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

RE*AC*TOR did you get sorted out? Good that Voronin caught the eye after all the Torres hype.

Meanwhile Heinze takes another step nearer
    GABRIEL HEINZE’S controversial move to Liverpool moved a step nearer reality yesterday when Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed the player wants to leave Manchester United.

And it has emerged the Old Trafford club are powerless to prevent the 29-year-old quitting the club for their bitter North West rivals.

Heinze’s representatives are understood to be in possession of a document that gives the player consent to move to any club willing to pay £6million for his services.

The letter was sent by United under the impression the Argentine would move abroad after they decided not to offer him a new contract at the end of last season.

Mike.

Hopefully Voronin will be extra motivated and try that much harder because of all the Torres hype. I'd love to see Torres do well but to be honest I don't care who's scoring as long as we're winning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

copacetic wrote:
    my first use of setanta sub, have to say the pictures are prety poor quality. Hope it is the feed from germany and this isn't the height of it. Nice couple of goals but the keeper was pretty poor on both of them
    Setanta picture quality is always very poor on my 37" with Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Dudek to sign for Real Madrid. I wish him luck but seriously wtf?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6899954.stm

edit/ I just noticed the date so its probably old hat and already been discussed on this thread by now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Semmed like a decent enough performance. Wouldn'd seeing some proper highlights though tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Mike - no luck, connections flaky.

Here are the first two goals anyway...

for those who may be thinking about gettting it, the game on friday is also live on Setanta 1 at 2pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Just back from a week off in Riga, seems I missed out on a fair bit!

Quite happy with the 2 signings, didn't get to see too much of Babel during the euro championships, but from what i did see he looked pretty good, quick, direct and confident. Hopefully he can build on that now for us. Could see him being a major impact sub this year, as well as hopfully making a decent amount of starts.

Benayoun is a great player to have on the books, could be a game changer for some of those turgid affairs where the other team just sets out to try and hold out as long as they can.

Delighted Voronin seems to be coming good, been a fan of him since he was class in Pro Evo 4!

Chiellini would be a good buy as well i think, always looked decent at LB any time i've seen him. I wouldnt mind seeing Insua get a chance there, seen a bit of him at the U20's (thank you Hotel Eurosport! only had BBC World besides it) and he looks good. Chiellini could maybe address that gap of cover for CB though, and has the age advantage over Heinze.

Anyone know where i can get some more extended highlights of the Bremen game? Was on aircoach down from dublin for it.

if you know someone with setanta1 they are showing it again tomorrow at noon and thursday at 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

http://www.tonybarrett.merseyblogs.co.uk/2007/07/torres_madness.html#more

Good article about Torres, liked the look of him in a big way tonight (even just for the 20 minutes :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Liverpool's third goal is here. I wasn't able to make too much of a judgement on the performance last night as the stream quality was pretty poor. That's probably down to my hardware as much as anything though :) Voronin looks to have taken his goals well and at least we're not losing these pre-season games. Touch wood that we won't have another FC Mainz this year....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

you can see all the goals here
    nice strike by riise:)

Bit of a Utd. special from Riise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

after reading this i am even more excited about torres:D :D cant wait for the season to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I've often wondered if Riise has ever scored a goal from inside the penalty box for Liverpool? I realise he's taken penalties so I'm not counting those :)

Actually, as I am writing this I've just remembered his goal against Barcelona last season was from inside the box wasn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Some strike by Riise alright. Though the keeper wasnt great. "Chocolate wrists" according to co-commentator Dean Saunders, altho I'm flummoxed as to what sexual preference has got to do with it! :confused:

Voronin looks decent alright. Very strong upper body, not one to be dispossessed easily. Took his goals well (superb ball by Alonso for his second). Benayoun linked up very well with the strikers, Babel was anonymous - until that effort late on after a couple of nice tricks on the edge of the area.

Torres had two good chances, and no goals. Albeit the keeper did really well to keep out the first, and for the second he showed a great surge of pace and his little dink over the keeper looked perfect - until it went just the wrong side of the post. Looks very good on the ball, hope he's not concerned with not scoring yesterday - shouldnt be.

that would have been Torres first game in a while, I'd say he's only been training for a week as well.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2007/07/18/rafa-shock-rose-hijack-89520-19472296/

Apparently Rafa is in for Danny Rose, who's regarded very highly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Tonio

Babel was anonymous - until that effort late on after a couple of nice tricks on the edge of the area.

Give the lad a chance - he was only on the pitch for 15 minutes!

Voronin made some great runs early in the second half and Alonso found him at will with some great balls over the top of the defence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement