Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

1194195196197198200»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

some freekick to make it 2-1.

Won't do Carson any favours though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Not a great match really, i thought we played much better football after Kuyt and Pennant came on though. Lovely little bit of play between Agger Riise and Kuyt for Agger's goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nice to see Agger getting his eye in early. Its good to have a defender who knows where the net is.

As for locking this thread at 10,000 posts if that happens I will chain myself to erm something in the real world related to boards.ie (not sure what though).

I guess we better stop posting here about now then (just to leave some wriggle room).

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Seems that Man C Are after chellini(sp) too, have we dropped our interest in him ? Was there ever any interest or is it This thread warping my perception of the real world ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Has anyone got any links to the goals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Thanks for those links! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Quick links up there. No Leiva/Torres/Babel becuase of international work permits if it has been said already.
    Should all be eligible to play in Fridays final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

Voronin continues to impress at every opportunity. Arbeloa was really good. Kuyt played well when he came on. Pennant continued his improving form. The lads on skysports seem fairly convinced that we will get Heinze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Im pretty convinced too.

Have to admit that Voronin has been very impressive alright, cant' wait for the new season to start. He looks perfectly suited for the premiership.

Why didn't torres feature does anyone know?(i left with 10 mins to go, had to go back to work, if he came on after,apologies)

really want him to get his first goal before the season starts, Sky will make a massive deal of it if he takes any lenght of time to get his first, and i think that combined with them all moaning about Gerrard not playing in the middle would be too much to take!!!

Im pretty convinced too.

Have to admit that Voronin has been very impressive alright, cant' wait for the new season to start. He looks perfectly suited for the premiership.

Why didn't torres feature does anyone know?(i left with 10 mins to go, had to go back to work, if he came on after,apologies)

Torres wasn't selected as he was resting his ankle injury.

Really liking the look of Voronin, just hope he doesn't turn out to be like another cisse..great in preseason but come the start of the premiership...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

was he not kitted out on the bench beside Gerrard?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

According to the LFC.tv webcast text thingy I was looking at in work, Torres and Babel had not received their internation clearance so could not play but would be ok for the final. Surely they would have needed this to play in Switzerland though, or was that game a different category as this is technically a tournament, thus with tougher rules?

Also, if this thread is closed at 10k posts, are we going to be the only club that doesn't have it's own megathread? This doesn't seem fair.

was he not kitted out on the bench beside Gerrard?

Wasn't on the bench according to liverpoolfc.tv

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N156477070724-1324.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Impressed wit Vorinin, Alonso, Arbeloa and Agger, disappointed with Kewel and Sissoko.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Sky initially reported that it was due to his ankle, but during the match they announced that it was due to not receiving international clearance, as with Lucas and Babel.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well hopefully torres gets to play on Friday cos I can't wait to see how he does for us!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

is there any potential for lucas to make an appearance on friday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Havent even seen Leiva in a red shirt yet, strange.
    Kuyt and Pennant impressed me. Sissoko dissapointed, was that racial booing towards the end?
    Alonso was my man of the match over Voronin, altho Voronin was my second choice. Crouch had a tough time of it.

He has not had his visa approved yet so I believe that we will not pay for him till his italian citizenship is approved or somesuch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Kanney wrote:
    Havent even seen Leiva in a red shirt yet, strange.
    Kuyt and Pennant impressed me. Sissoko dissapointed, was that racial booing towards the end?
    Alonso was my man of the match over Voronin, altho Voronin was my second choice. Crouch had a tough time of it.

Not really he made a bad tackle midway in the second half and the crowd booed him from then on in.

Few bits on different players today.

Sissioko was terrible !!! His strenghts lie at getting round the pitch making life difficult for the opposition , good tackling and winning back the ball. In the past when he had won back the ball he would proceed to play a simple pass and let the more creative players get on with it but today he seemed like he was out to prove something and thus didn't play the simple ball. He ended up giving it away countless times or getting closed down and robbed of possession.

Voronin really stood out for me and looked quick and intelligent. He looks like he could end up being a real find.

Pennant was good when he came on and i really think he has the potential to get better and better.

Alonso today i thought was a class act and i hope we see many more displays like this form him in the coming season. For me in his first season was outstanding but since then i have felt he hasn't lived up to that promise in many games and alot of the time we haven't really got to see how much of a world class player i think he has the potential to be. I think that with liverpool have showing intent with signing big name players and spending the money it has given players like Alonso at the club a new found confidence. I am hoping this could be the season that Alonso really stands up and shows what he is capable of.

As said sky did say during the match the new guys didn't play due to permits but they will be sorted for the next game.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

what a bullet of a free lick be riise.

bad mistake by carson also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

yep voronin looks decent, but i wouldnt hold my breath with him taking the Prem by storm!

I don’t support the idea of a Liverpool forum. There are tones of Liverpool forums on the internet, the reason I loved the thread was it discussed everything about Liverpool and all recent developments in one single thread, rather than trawling through loads of separate forums and threads. It was grand if your in work you could quickly log in and have a look at the last page to see what updates on the pool were available.

To those who don’t support just having a thread, why don’t you just use some of the other forums such as newkit or RAWK? The Liverpool thread is exclusive in that there’s nothing else really like it on the net. I know myself I would log onto boards less if that thread wasn’t there, but that’s neither here or there.

Just keep the thread lads, or start it again if its using up to much bandwith.

Gary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

He has not had his visa approved yet so I believe that we will not pay for him till his italian citizenship is approved or somesuch.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/0100news/tm_headline=fear-of-title-failure-drives-jamie-carragher%26method=full%26objectid=19510864%26siteid=50061-name_page.html
    Also now in Hong Kong with the squad is Liverpool’s Brazilian midfield signing Lucas Leiva.

Lucas has now had passport clearance and was in line to make his debut against South China today.

excellent, hopefully he'll make an appearance in the mini cup final.
    Id like to see us put out a really strong attacking team V Pompy since they're a premiership team so we'd have a good indication of ho we're fairing, like;

Pennant--Gerrard--Alonso--Babel
    Kuyt/Voronin--Torres

With Benayoun and Lucas coming on for 30mins or so as well.

New stadium plans tomorrow at 11 am. They ave been leked anyway but am looking forward to seeing them all official like.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N156468070724-2303.htm

brilliant, must remember to switch on at 11. Hope they have a similar 3D flythrough promo thing like they had for the original plans out pretty soon. From the leaked pictures it looked pretty incredible anyway. Its a good time to be a pool fan!

Cant wait to see the pics of the stadium tomorrow.

*just thinking next time I get to check this thread will be tomorrow evening and it possibly could be locked :( *

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Looking forward to seeing the new stadium. I havent seen any of the leaked plans yet.

In other news,

Mourinho Reckons the pressure is all on Rafa

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/6914970.stm
    "The pressure is a bit higher on Liverpool this time.

"Other years they could say 'these guys have spent a lot so they have to win' but now they have to talk differently. They have high expectations."

"In the last three years it has been Chelsea and Manchester United in the league and it has been a long time since Liverpool won the title - so they really want it," he explained.

"I heard something earlier this summer - Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher and John Arne Riise saying it has to be this season. That's normal, and positive. I cannot complain about that. Everybody wants to achieve it.

"We want it too, no problem. But it's been four years with Benitez and they want the Premiership. They don't hide it - Benitez, the players, they all speak about winning the title.

"I think winning nothing last season was frustrating for them, but they've got a good squad and good players, so they'll be better."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Can't believe they're locking this thread :(

Anyway, as for yesterday's match, I'd echo the comments above. Great to see that Alonso seems to have re-found his form. Biggest disappointment for me was Carson letting that goal in. I like him, but that won't do him any favours. He went for it with the wrong hand. (BTW, the Bulgarian who played in goal in our previous friendly looked rubbish!)

• Advertisement

40 mins to go.

Will be revealed here...

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/newstadium/

Why can you not believe the thread is being locked, it is huge and people are complaining that it is hard to navigate through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

A new thread is not a solution.

How will starting a new one make it any easier to navigate?

No but a new thread per topic may well be.

19 mins until the new stadium. Reckon the site will be inundated come 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

New stadium. Looks great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Why can you not believe the thread is being locked, it is huge and people are complaining that it is hard to navigate through it.
    Surely thats their problem. I'm sure many people are fine with navigating through the thread.

New stadium. Looks great!

it most certainly does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

It doesn't make sense to create a thread per topic - people in the soccer forum were giving out before that there were too many liverpool threads in the general soccer section. If this one has to be closed, then another one should be opened - it could be called "Liverpool Signings and Gerneral Rumours Thread 2"

I cant see why it would be a problem...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

it most certainly does.

New Kop certainly looks impressive. Was expecting a bit more than just 3 pics though.

those pictures dont do it any justice, not the prettiest pictures of a stadium are they

• Advertisement

No but in fairness they are just artists impressions (or cad drawings or somesuch) .

I like the dea of being able to see deep into the heart of the stadium, just turn up, don't buy a ticket and watch the game from outside ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Looks like there's plenty of room for expansion too. The Kop looks like you could get vertigo if you're near the top. :)

That's the plan but they cannot expand until the infrastructure is sorted out and it is a mare getting to from Stanley park on matchday as it is.

6 to go, OOOOOooooohhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

60000 capacity with ability to get to high 70's ... Looks brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Bye thread :(

Must get over to the old stadium a good few times before its closed...

see the clear glass window side between the kop and the other stand, wonder could ya see the game from there ?? :confused:

• Advertisement

It says that one can see right into the heart of the stadium so I would say there is a reasonable chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Looks quiet impressive but not sure bout the Gap where the glass is.

Kop will be quality.

Good way to finish this thread with liverpool looking forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

10000:p Blast!, it was number 10000 until Thanx 4 The Fish posted and the times got ****ed up or whatever

People on the pitch, they think it's all over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement