Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

Why don't we just start a bring back Fowler thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

dcarroll wrote:
    Why don't we just start a bring back Fowler thread?

Id prefer a "get rid of Cisse" thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

mike65 wrote:
    Cisse will be gone after the world cup no doubt (I imagine Parry is praying for a Golden Boot level performance).

Mike.

YOu hit the nail on the head here. Cisse is worth about 3 million max at the minute but if he keeps playing and gets into the world cup squad and maybe scores a few goals he might be worth maybe 8 to 10 million by the end of the summer.

On the Fowler issue can see man city getting rid of him. They just had to pay leeds the last installment of the transfer because of the number of games played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

cisse and a couple million in exchange for michael owen might be a deal newcastle would be stupid enough to accept.

purely on the grounds that owen clearly has no interest in being there, they could do worse than cisse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Morientes probably. I'm guessing Rafa will give him to the end of the season to start scoring. I can see Mellor grabbing 7 or 8 goals for Wigan before the end of the season. At 5.8m, he's a candidate for my Fantasy Footie team

Cisse is such donkey, and proved it with the sitter he missed on sunday. All he can do i smack the ball as hard as possible, the odd timeit manages to stay on target AND miss the keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

el rabitos wrote:
    cisse and a couple million in exchange for michael owen might be a deal newcastle would be stupid enough to accept.

purely on the grounds that owen clearly has no interest in being there, they could do worse than cisse

there was a lot of talk when owen signed for newcastle that there was a get out clause of 8m. Alot of people were saying he would be joining us in summer and only went to newcy so as to guarantee 1st team football,in world cup year, something rafa refused to guarantee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Without raking over Owen again, it really was the money that stopped him rejoining more than anything. Though Rafa would proberly have been a bit cool on him coming back anyway esp with 4/5 other strikers to feed.

Anyways back to GOD!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

mike65 wrote:
    Without raking over Owen again, it really was the money that stopped him rejoining more than anything. Though Rafa would proberly have been a bit cool on him coming back anyway esp with 4/5 other strikers to feed.

Anyways back to GOD!

Mike.
    Fowler? :eek: No friggin' way!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The Fowler thing will not go away.....he must have a good agent.

BRING BACK GOD.

I'd be willign to bet anyone on here that with a full season in the Liverpool team Fowler would get at least 15 league goals, which is more that we're getting from so called 14m strikers at the minute.,

• Advertisement

Just a quick note to say Didi played a full reserves game tonight (1-0 win against Wolves) and he scored the goal from the halfway line. The two new boys did well. Rafa was there to watch.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

only issue with fowler who would he play alongside, two strikers with no pace isnt very helpful

Do yea all really think Fowler will turn on the goods for Liverpool just like that ? All romantic notions aside, I cant see it happening. Dont get me wrong, I would love if it did happen.

Liverpool need a world class striker, an Henry, a Rooney, a Van Nistelroy, a Shevshenko....a ( dare I say it ) Michael Owen ? Someone who can make chances on their own and put them away when they get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

As a stop-gap solution, fowler would be better than Cissé or Mori.
    Its unlikely to be any sort of long-term solution.

Tusky wrote:
    Do yea all really think Fowler will turn on the goods for Liverpool just like that ? All romantic notions aside, I cant see it happening. Dont get me wrong, I would love if it did happen..

Yes. Despite popular belief, he hasnt been crap since he left. He hasnt had a run of games but once he had one or two he scored. He was doing well at the end of last season, and then over the summer, pearce decided to drop him. He then comes back for two games and scores 4 goals. I think he still has it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

goal against the scum shows he still has that instinct, and if there is a manger in the prem to get the best out of him its rafa.

Tusky, we cant afford
    Tusky wrote:
    an Henry, a Rooney, a Van Nistelroy, a Shevshenko....a ( dare I say it ) Michael Owen ?

and i know i dont want to see owen back - the mans made of glass. so who else is there that we can afford and will realisticly come to us and has a proven track record?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I want to see mellor back full stop. thanks

I want to see mellor back full stop. thanks

Definately want Mellor back as well. We need a poacher, Ciise is the proof of that.

What price a Mellor/God pairing at some stage next season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Fowler video compilation jobbie available for downloadhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

One word...Mellor

A fowler from his best days would probably right now mean the difference of us being only a couple points behind Chelsea...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Call_me_al banned for a week for your scum comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

just watched the Fowler clip....brings a tear
    The guy was Red through & through

He was an opportunist, saw a chance and took it and had this feeling he would score every time. He still has that but has lost his touch and agility that made him the great player he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Lex Luthor wrote:
    just watched the Fowler clip....brings a tear
    The guy was Red through & through

He was an opportunist, saw a chance and took it and had this feeling he would score every time. He still has that but has lost his touch and agility that made him the great player he was.
    Yea some great memories there, was a lethal striker in his day and still has it judging by his performace against Manu and his recent performances overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Did anyone see Didi's goal in the reserve win last night...another halfway line effort. Agger played the whole 2nd, did very well. Anderson was supposed to be class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Yep some great memories there in that clip *wipes tear from eye*.... Would love him to wear the red jersey again and I still believe he can. Kinda like the Gary McAllister thing, he still has what it take for another 2/3 years anyway, maybe not 40/50 games a season but the important ones!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Stekelly wrote:
    I'd be willign to bet anyone on here that with a full season in the Liverpool team Fowler would get at least 15 league goals, which is more that we're getting from so called 14m strikers at the minute.,
    I'm willing to bet you won't be proved right or wrong.

p.pete wrote:
    I'm willing to bet you won't be proved right or wrong.

Well then the bet is null and void and I win, pay up.

Stekelly wrote:
    Well then the bet is null and void and I win, pay up.
    pm regarding bank details sent (not actually)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Shred

seabee wrote:
    Did anyone see Didi's goal in the reserve win last night...another halfway line effort. Agger played the whole 2nd, did very well. Anderson was supposed to be class.

Just watched it there actually, it was a quick free kick from just behind the half way line. Agger looked pretty good and likes to get forward, Kromkamp looked useful too & he made a few decent runs and put a couple of good crosses into the box. Anderson does look a quality player and he played very well in the 4th round of the youth cup last week also(Adam Hamill was very impressive in that game too).

Anyone got a link to Did's goal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

Stekelly wrote:
    Anyone got a link to Did's goal?
    Here are the highlights of the match

Lovely goal. Krompkapf & Agger impressed.

p.s Sinama > Cisse

I'd love to watch but I'm near the monthly download limit!

Mike.

Tusky wrote:
    p.s Sinama > Cisse

Everyone > Cisse.

I was watching Scott Carson in the warm up at Anfield before the Chelsea game and he was pining shots into whatever corner he wanted, Cisse cant hit the goal, never mind pick a spot. I know it's not a match situation but if Carson can hit shots with both his feet an keep them on target, is it too much to ask Cisse to do somethign similar?

Carson to play up front with Moro!!!!!!!!!:D

bosco > cisse tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Just watched the reserve game against wolves. Did anyone else notice something in common with the first team?

We can't finish our chances. All the build up play is perfect but for gods sake can somebody come along and stick it in the net!!!

Yeah you're absolutely right, much like the first team both Pongolle and especially Calliste missed some absolute sitters. Get Rushie back in to train the strikers;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Just on Radio BBC 5Live, they are now reporting on the Story of Fowler to LFC. there just might be something in this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

BrookieD wrote:
    Just on Radio BBC 5Live, they are now reporting on the Story of Fowler to LFC. there just might be something in this

parry has come out and said there's nothing in it.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Darren Potter has gone on loan to Southampton until the end of May 2006

Just watched the reserve game against wolves. Did anyone else notice something in common with the first team?

We can't finish our chances. All the build up play is perfect but for gods sake can somebody come along and stick it in the net!!!

Which is exactly why I wanted Mellor to get a run instead of being offloaded. He's not the prettiest of players, but I reckon he'd pick up a good few of thaose scrappy goals around teh box, like the one he got V Olympiakos.

Call_me_al wrote:
    goal against the scum shows he still has that instinct, and if there is a manger in the prem to get the best out of him its rafa.

Tusky, we cant afford

and i know i dont want to see owen back - the mans made of glass. so who else is there that we can afford and will realisticly come to us and has a proven track record?

If Liverpool cant afford a top class striker then they will never challenge for the title, simple as that. If Liverpool had a world class proven striker this season I think they would ALOT closer to Chelsea than they are. Im also not completely convinced, I think Liverpool can afford to splash out on a player....it hasnt happened in a long time.

If Liverpool cant afford a top class striker then they will never challenge for the title, simple as that. If Liverpool had a world class proven striker this season I think they would ALOT closer to Chelsea than they are. Im also not completely convinced, I think Liverpool can afford to splash out on a player....it hasnt happened in a long time.

i dont think its a case of being able to afford a top striker. chelsea could afford one but nobody wanted to leave their current club, so they had to recall crespo.

michael owen wasnt signed for 17 million because it was just bad buisness to buy him for 17 haven sold him for 8.

good strikers seem to be at a premium these days

Tusky wrote:

They paid £14m for Cisse before last season, he came with all th efrench records and teh like (looking at goalscoring is pretty uch the only wway to judge) but turned out to be a donkey.

No one can argue that Morientes was/is world class, but maybe not suited to the physical nature of English football (maybe why Spain never do anythign on the international stage)

el rabitos wrote:
    i dont think its a case of being able to afford a top striker. chelsea could afford one but nobody wanted to leave their current club, so they had to recall crespo.

michael owen wasnt signed for 17 million because it was just bad buisness to buy him for 17 haven sold him for 8.

good strikers seem to be at a premium these days

I consider Cresp to be world class. He will get you plenty of goals no matter what. I think the loss on Owen would have been acceptable, good buiseness or not as he would have made such a huge difference to the team. He is EXACTLY the type of player Liverpool need at the moment and a loss of 9 million is considerabley less than the loss of 14 million on Cisse :p
    Stekelly wrote:
    They paid £14m for Cisse before last season, he came with all th efrench records and teh like (looking at goalscoring is pretty uch the only wway to judge) but turned out to be a donkey.

No one can argue that Morientes was/is world class, but maybe not suited to the physical nature of English football (maybe why Spain never do anythign on the international stage)

I consider Cisse a 14 million loss...which is alot less than the loss on Owen. Also, he proved himself in the French league which is a bit of a joke compared to premier league.

Tusky wrote:
    I consider Cisse a 14 million loss...which is alot less than the loss on Owen. Also, he proved himself in the French league which is a bit of a joke compared to premier league.

I never said he wasnt a loss, he's a donkey, but the pnly way to judge these players is on records, which his was great. Van Nistlrooy scored loads in a weak league (holland) and turned out to be a great player, Kezman outscored Ruud in the same league, and was a failure. It's not like they havent tried to sign top players (although I think they should have gone all out for Owen, and not let FOwler go in the first place) but teh ones they did sign did'nt work out.

Stekelly wrote:
    I never said he wasnt a loss, he's a donkey, but the pnly way to judge these players is on records, which his was great. Van Nistlrooy scored loads in a weak league (holland) and turned out to be a great player, Kezman outscored Ruud in the same league, and was a failure. It's not like they havent tried to sign top players (although I think they should have gone all out for Owen, and not let FOwler go in the first place) but teh ones they did sign did'nt work out.

I just hope Benitez makes another go at Owen in the summer. Cisse & Morientes should be sold.

Djibril Cisse arrested for attacking his pregnant wife :rolleyes:

loser, ship him and his bandy feet back to france

• Advertisement

el rabitos wrote:
    Djibril Cisse arrested for attacking his pregnant wife :rolleyes:

loser, ship him and his bandy feet back to france
    Marseille still interested?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement