Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

probably not after this stunt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Talksport who are not bbc fivelive (if you get my drift) have said Fowler is returning on a 6 month contract...? :eek:

http://www.talksoccer.net/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1138379370&archive=

Mike.

Holy **** its on Sky Sport News as well! GOD IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/0100news/tm_objectid=16635001%26method=full%26siteid=50061%26headline=gonzalez%2dcould%2dbe%2dused%2din%2dswop%2ddeal-name_page.html

RB's comments about Fowler sound very cagey - so I wouldn't rule it out. Also a (temporary?) swap for Gonzales to get in a decent right winger would be excellent. I'd heard he was possibly going to Real Sociadad on loan, do they have a decent right winger or does this mean he's possibly going somewhere else now?

• Advertisement

Also a (temporary?) swap for Gonzales to get in a decent right winger would be excellent.

Gonzales will be loaned (which sounds strange!) so he does'nt rot waiting for his Spanish naturalisation in the summer when he'll be back as an EU citizen and the Dept of Blocking Good Footballers can't stop him! Hav'nt heard of anyone moving in the opposite direction.

Real Sociadad squad http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team/squad?id=89&cc=5739

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Praise the Lord!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,097 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Welcome back God!!! Hey does him missing the peno on the last day of the season last year so city couldn't make europe now mean he's eligible for the Champions League? or would he have been eligible anyway? Funny how things turn out anyway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

He's cup tied for the FA Cup but free to play Champs League, Welcome back GOD, he would make a brilliant coach as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Best. News. Ever. God is back. Hopefully he'll do well and stay longer than 6 months.

With any luck , this is the last nail in the coffin of Ciise's Liverpool career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Reds close in on Victor swoop

Liverpool are poised to follow up the capture of Robbie Fowler with the signing of Deportivo La Coruna winger Victor.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez has made no secret of his desire to bring in a winger during the January transfer window and had been linked with a host of names.

Benitez has seen moves for Atletico Madrid's Luciano Galletti and Benfica's Simao Sabrosa hit the rocks, prompting the Spaniard to switch his attentions across La Primera to Depor.

The Reds are close to striking an accord with Depor and Victor has not made the trip to Madrid for the weekend clash with Atletico.

Victor, who has recently returned to fitness following a thigh injury, is expected to head to Merseyside on Sunday to discuss terms and undergo a medical.

A three-and-a-half-year deal is set to be put on the table and Benitez will hope to wrap up the transfer before the window slams shut on Tuesday.

Victor has class in abundance, having turned out for Real Madrid in the past, and Benitez will hope the 29-year-old can add some attacking thrust to his side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Anyone know if he is any use?

Anyone know if he is any use?
    Yeah he's good, a very quick inside right, can play both wings, would be a great signing

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭tap28

welcome home robbie:D :D:D:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

He's the King of the Kop
    He's the best of the lot
    Robbie Fowler

can't wait to hear that sang again...best news of the transfer window for sure..happy days...send cisse packing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Poor Cisse, his personal life must be tougher than his football one, take it easy on him, we all know how demanding these footballers wifes can be :rolleyes: . Robbie Fowler being back is great news, I wonder will he get his game, kop will be delighted..
    He'd be a great coach either way and should have never been sold but pool made 18 million on him (dont quote me on that)

He'd be a great coach either way and should have never been sold but pool made 18 million on him (dont quote me on that)
    11million to Leeds, then 6million to City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

Robbie to wear no. 11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

anyone got the fowler interview to download.

The move for Victor of Deportivo La Coruna on a 3.5 year deal looks to be nearling completition.

The fee looks like being just 500,000, he is'nt cup tied and has proven quality having been a La Liga winner with Real Madrid and La Liga winner with Depo.

This could be final piece of the jigsaw for now, he's 29 so loads of experience
    and a few good years left yet.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Poor man's Jaoquin, tbh.

Not expecting much from him, hope he proves me wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Has Robbie's squad number been announced yet ? I presume it's 11 as that's the smallest squad number available.....nothing on the interweb where I've been looking.

YNWA

G - go
    O - on
    D - de mighty pool !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Yup, 11 it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Cheers Shamrok.....shiney new jersey with Fowler 11 on the back shall have to be purchased :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

This thread is now the 10th most viewed thread on Boards with well over 50,000 views.

Edited! :o

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Great to see robbie back! Him and crouch could be a good partnership.

Probaly get his start against b'ham on wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Great to see robbie back! Him and crouch could be a good partnership.

Ye'think ? Absolutely no pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

better no pace than cisse

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote:
    Ye'think ? Absolutely no pace.

Since when did you need pace to be a good strike?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Since when did you need pace to be a good strike?

It helps to have some though, and the only pacey striker we have couldn't hit a barn door from point blank range. This being the case, I would like to see Morientes/Fowler partnership given a go, plenty of footballing brains there.

No Victor in Depor's squad for tonights game against Athletico Madrid, expect a deal to be done for him Monday

5starpool wrote:
    It helps to have some though, and the only pacey striker we have couldn't hit a barn door from point blank range. This being the case, I would like to see Morientes/Fowler partnership given a go, plenty of footballing brains there.

Sometimes it can help. fowler never needed pace, he had an amazing footballing brain and a great striker instinct.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Sometimes it can help. fowler never needed pace, he had an amazing footballing brain and a great striker instinct.

That is why he is GOD!!!!

The BBC:
    Reds-bound Gonzalez is in demand

Chilean winger Mark Gonzalez has offers on the table from three Spanish clubs - if his move to Liverpool breaks down.

Liverpool have agreed to sign the 21-year-old from Spanish side Albacete on a four-year deal but he still needs to gain a work permit in the summer.

"If the Home Office don't help, we'll choose from one of the three offers," said Gonzalez's agent Cristian Ogalde.

Deportivo La Coruna, Real Sociedad and Espanyol are the three interested clubs, according to Ogalde.

Liverpool's bid to sign Gonzalez in 2005 collapsed after the Home Office refused him a work permit because Chile's Fifa ranking was too low.

Next summer Gonzalez will be eligible for a Spanish passport on the grounds of residency.

However, that process may take several months so Liverpool will apply for a work permit in the summer to allow him to play until the passport is received.

• Advertisement

Gonzalez gone on loan, rumour going round that we might pick up Getafe's Riki, who is having a brilliant season in La Liga, He would cost around 4million and would be better that Cisse.

Right winger to sign tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Well, I have to admit I'm a bit surprised by the signing of Robbie. I wouldnt hav had him in our "to get" list, although clearly he has been a fantastic servant of the club in the past, and will forever be a Liverpool player in our hearts. he is not cmpletely past it but he is well off his top level and has been misfiring for Man C for the last couple of seasons.

I think it just shows how worried Rafa is about his front players. If Robbie turns out to be more effective than Morientes, Crouch and Cisse, then what the hell has Rafa been doing. I have been a staunch critic of the front-line and its lack of potency, and how it is costing the club points this season and other successes most likely, but in a way to "stoop" to getting in Robbie who careeer-wise is past his best is to me a step in the wrong direction. Its the likes of the Fulham's, the Portsmouth's, the mid-table teams tht should be taking on players that are on the tail-end curve of their career. Granted, we are in a desperate situation, so needs must. Also, I dont disdain all old boys buys, as skilfull and wise ones can prove very effective, such as Gary McAllister, Jari Litmanen and no doubt others. I am not confident though of Robbie settling into the team. Time will tell.

redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

So Kromkamp got his first game in the team yesterday against a weak Portsmouth. It was a poor game by Liverpool, only 6 attempts at goal to Portsmouth's 9. Indeed the penalty for fortuitous, although Riise's goal was a good one, he was playing left midfield.

But from what I saw of Kromkamp, I wasnt hugely impressed. He tried a few things but is not as good as Finnan. Again I feel Benitez is trying to get in a player where we have a good skill, although for coverage, Kromkamp would be ok. Many of the crosses from the right position were coming in from the inside right position from Carragher. Kromkamp also doesnt seem to be the best of defenders, not good enough at watching players, reading the play etc.

Its only 1 game, his first full game though and with Portsmouth playing just 1 up, it was an easy introduction. But so far for me, he is not better than Finnan at RB position. I will give him more time.

redspider

redspider wrote:
    So Kromkamp got his first game in the team yesterday against a weak Portsmouth. It was a poor game by Liverpool, only 6 attempts at goal to Portsmouth's 9. Indeed the penalty for fortuitous, although Riise's goal was a good one, he was playing left midfield.

But from what I saw of Kromkamp, I wasnt hugely impressed. He tried a few things but is not as good as Finnan. Again I feel Benitez is trying to get in a player where we have a good skill, although for coverage, Kromkamp would be ok. Many of the crosses from the right position were coming in from the inside right position from Carragher. Kromkamp also doesnt seem to be the best of defenders, not good enough at watching players, reading the play etc.

Its only 1 game, his first full game though and with Portsmouth playing just 1 up, it was an easy introduction. But so far for me, he is not better than Finnan at RB position. I will give him more time.

redspider
    I watched the full 90 minutes, he didn't amaze me and hasn't instantly settled into the team or the English style of football. I say get rid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,304 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

after 1 game :eek: jesus give him a chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

p.pete wrote:
    I watched the full 90 minutes, he didn't amaze me and hasn't instantly settled into the team or the English style of football. I say get rid.

Thats a really silly point of view.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Lads I think you need your Sarcasm detector's adjusted a little bit.;)

redspider wrote:
    But from what I saw of Kromkamp, I wasnt hugely impressed.
    Have to disagree with you there. I was impressed :)

His first start.

And in a cup game, which are usually tense affairs.

I thought he was very steady and never panicked. Once he gets to grip with the zonal marking he should be even better. Can see him providing Finnan with some serious competition.

Dub13 wrote:
    Lads I think you need your Sarcasm detector's adjusted a little bit.;)
    Tusky wrote:
    Thats a really silly point of view.
    I agree.

Sociedad want Gonzalez & Viafara

Spanish side Real Sociedad hope to sign Liverpool's Mark Gonzalez and Portsmouth's John Viafara on loan for the rest of the season.

Both deals are subject to the players passing medicals on Monday.

Colombian midfielder Viafara, 27, joined Portsmouth in July 2005 while Liverpool signed Chile winger Gonzalez, 21, from Albacete in October.

Gonzalez cannot play for the Reds until he gets a work permit or receives a Spanish passport - due this summer.

The South African-born Chile international will qualify for a Spanish passport on grounds of residency because of his time spent playing there for Albacete.

However, that process may take several months so Liverpool will also apply for a work permit in the summer to allow him to play until the passport is received.
    Not till the summer so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

yeah, I thought Kromkamp played well.

I think Sissoko has been rubbish recently. Needs a rest maybe.

Anyone hear what Fowler's wages are? On another forum I read he's taken a £10k per week paycut. "Man City paid him £35k, Liverpool will pay him £25k per week. Leeds are still paying him £15k per week".

http://www.liverpool.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=8340

Sounds like the deal for Victor is close but for a few small issues. Squabling over image rights and other "small amounts" and the mention that his current contract may not be renewed - none of that fills me with confidence...

<edit>

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/0100news/tm_objectid=16644767%26method=full%26siteid=50061%26headline=benitez%2dfoiled%2din%2dbid%2dto%2dland%2dwinger-name_page.html

nope, looks like it's falling through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Argggghhhhhhh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Shred

I can't believe they've failed to get a winger sorted again:mad: Screw Deportivo anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

This is getting ridiculous.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement