Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Should we start a Church of Bannor?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Will there be wine and orgies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

sign me up but go easy - 10% of my wages are already going to the scientologists
    <edit> how much for just the orgies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

man u fans looking at this thread might think they've stumbled upon the gay/bisexual thread
    Should we start a Church of Bannor?

yes. for those who enjoy kissing man-ass maybe.

back on topic, its good that rafa has at least made a decision. at least 2 of the 4 current strikers will be staying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

*Fingers Crossed* Crouch & Fowler, Crouch & Fowler, Crouch & Fowler, Crouch & Fowler, Crouch & Fowler, Crouch & Fowler.

While at least Cisse has scored a few goals and does get into scoring positions, he just isn't liverpool quality. Morientes has to be gone. Even for his own sake so he can have a few good years back in spain or maybe Monaco again.

cisse will be gone, if a speedy striker is needed then pongolle is still there. crouch is just the target man and fowler wont be first choice. a primary striker is whats needed, looks like kuyt is the chosen one, id like to say i know more about him

Must admit last night, just out of curiosity, i started up a new dutch league on Pro Evo 4 as Feyenord, just to road test Kuijt. Played on the full 6* difficulty and he was pretty class, finished from anywhere and had 6 goals and 3 assists after 3 matches. Obviously not the best way of judging a potential buy but still a nice find!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

el rabitos wrote:
    cisse will be gone, if a speedy striker is needed then pongolle is still there. crouch is just the target man and fowler wont be first choice. a primary striker is whats needed, looks like kuyt is the chosen one, id like to say i know more about him

Pongolle will be gone out of anfield quicker than cisse. He's becoming a hated figure around there now.

Pongolle will be gone out of anfield quicker than cisse. He's becoming a hated figure around there now

hated by who?

i've read a bit about him moaning about not getting a chance. cant blame him when he's behind cisse in the pecking order. the only quality cisse has better than any striker in the world is that maybe he can kick the ball harder. where the ball actually goes 9/10 times is anyones guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Cisse is constantly played out of position, personally i think he has some fantastic ability but we perhaps this liverpool side just isn't suited to him. He's a very one dimensional player but he's probably one of the fastest players i've ever seen. I'd say hes frustrated at being on the bench/played out of position all the time, hes scored goals everywhere hes gone (including some vital ones for France) so saying hes got no ability is pretty ignorant. However if we're not gonna play him as an out and out striker (something Benitez soesn't seem to want) then he's probably better off elsewhere, id like him to stay but only if hes played up front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

hes scored goals everywhere hes gone (including some vital ones for France) so saying hes got no ability is pretty ignorant.
    His goals for France have come against the Faroes (3), New Zealand (1), Eygpt (1), Cyprus (1), Switzerland (1), and Hungary (1).

I think he has scored 9 international goals so I'm missing one. The only one that was "vital" if even that, was the one against Switzerland. So let's not get ahead of ourselves.

He's scored five in eight now, so it was inevitable that people would start the "should we keep him?" ball rolling, but the reality of it is he should have scored about ten in those eight games. Get him out, and get a player that can actually finish.

el rabitos wrote:
    hated by who?

i've read a bit about him moaning about not getting a chance. cant blame him when he's behind cisse in the pecking order. the only quality cisse has better than any striker in the world is that maybe he can kick the ball harder. where the ball actually goes 9/10 times is anyones guess.

'm closer to Everton fans

By DAVID FACEY

LIVERPOOL star Florent Sinama-Pongolle has committed the ultimate sin — by saying he loves Everton fans!

Pongolle goes to Goodison today with Blackburn, where he is on loan from the Kop outfit until the end of the season.

And the French striker revealed: “I have been here three years and always when I go out in Liverpool I meet Everton fans. Everywhere I go, everyone I meet is an Everton fan.

The bigger part of people in Liverpool are Everton fans. Liverpool fans come from everywhere in the world.

"When you go to Goodison it is only Liverpool people.

“The Everton people I met would always talk to me, mostly about the derby.

Those fans are good to me. We speak and joke. They love it. That is why I love English football.

"I expect a warm reception today. It’s a big game for me. Last season I started against them for Liverpool. If I can start again and score it will be important to me — and maybe, just a little sad.

he could be best friends with the chairman of the man united supporters club and married to an everton fan for all i care as long as he puts the ball in the back of the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

His goals for France have come against the Faroes (3), New Zealand (1), Eygpt (1), Cyprus (1), Switzerland (1), and Hungary (1).

I think he has scored 9 international goals so I'm missing one. The only one that was "vital" if even that, was the one against Switzerland. So let's not get ahead of ourselves.

He's scored five in eight now, so it was inevitable that people would start the "should we keep him?" ball rolling, but the reality of it is he should have scored about ten in those eight games. Get him out, and get a player that can actually finish.

his goals for France came in matches when nobody else was scoring for them, his goal against the swiss was the only reason they drew that game. France mightn't have qualified if it wasn't for his performances in the qualifying rounds. Trezeguet was pretty useless for them and he's got quite a good reputation.

He should have scored ten? Maybe, but hes a player that makes more chances for himself than any of the other strikers we have, people seem to rather keep moro than cisse despite cisse scores far more and makes more chances even whilst being played totally out of position.

I'm not saying hes playing great or anything but hes getting the job done a hell of alot better than our other strikers when it comes to scoring and making chances (though fowler is getting some important ones too) Play him up front properly for a bit then judge him, moro got his chance, why not cisse?

Id definately get rid of Moro before Cisse alright, without a doubt, but dont think either have shown enough to be the out and out goalscorer Liverpool need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

rondeco wrote:
    Pongolle will be gone out of anfield quicker than cisse. He's becoming a hated figure around there now.
    ???
    I thought Pongolle was a bit of a fans' favourite.

Definitely not after saying that.

Ah thats all BS, Flo just made an observation about Liverpool the city and the two clubs, he reckoned Everton had more local fans than his own club and I bet he's right. As almost no-one outside Merseyside supports the Toffees!

As said above if he's scoreing goals who cares who he 'votes' for, remember
    Carra was born a Blue.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

As was fowler.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Hes not good enough though, he cant even get his game at blackburn sure.

mike65 wrote:
    Ah thats all BS, Flo just made an observation about Liverpool the city and the two clubs, he reckoned Everton had more local fans than his own club and I bet he's right. As almost no-one outside Merseyside supports the Toffees!

As said above if he's scoreing goals who cares who he 'votes' for, remember
    Carra was born a Blue.

Mike.

Those kind of observations make you become a hated figure at clubs where there are great rivalries. I would disagree with you as much as possible about it being bs. Carra is now a red through and through as is Robbie etc. They would never say anything like that. It doesn't even bear thinking about.

Carra and Robbie are locals Flo-Po is a young foreigner, he goofed thats all.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

rondeco wrote:
    Those kind of observations make you become a hated figure at clubs where there are great rivalries. I would disagree with you as much as possible about it being bs. Carra is now a red through and through as is Robbie etc. They would never say anything like that. It doesn't even bear thinking about.

What kind of obsevation ? That he has met alot of Everton fans in Liverpool and that they have been nice to him ...? Should he lie and say they are all pricks ? Hes from France, obviously hes not going to have the same feelings towards Everton fans as Carra, Robbie, Gerrard ETC. He did nothing wrong.

Tusky wrote:
    What kind of obsevation ? That he has met alot of Everton fans in Liverpool and that they have been nice to him ...? Should he lie and say they are all pricks ? Hes from France, obviously hes not going to have the same feelings towards Everton fans as Carra, Robbie, Gerrard ETC. He did nothing wrong.

I dont for one minute believe that you truly believe what you have posted.

It looks as though Aguero has signed for Atletico Madrid.

http://www.as.com/articulo/futbol/A...asdaiftb_3/Tes/

• Advertisement

Link didn't work for me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Rather than start a new thread i said i'd post this in here.
    New Jesrsy - got it in my email today.

Not too gone on the crest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Rather than start a new thread i said i'd post this in here.
    New Jersey - got it in my email today.

Not too gone on the crest...

Me likes. :)
    Specially the crest, tho I thought it was just the European kit that had the 5 stars?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

i like that - a lot!

you sure thats it? parry was saying recently the had no intentions of changing the crest. and i'm pretty sure i've seen that pic doing the rounds before. looks fine appart from the crest. i like the current one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

that jersey has been doing the rounds for months, basically its a current adidas shirt with liverpool badges. Unlikely to look too much like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

is that not the one I posted here a few months ago? Lovely kit though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

zabbo wrote:
    that jersey has been doing the rounds for months, basically its a current adidas shirt with liverpool badges. Unlikely to look too much like that
    seabee wrote:
    is that not the one I posted here a few months ago? Lovely kit though.

I hadn't seen it before so sorry bout that. I've heard from a friend that the crest might be moved to the left and changed to the original. The more i look at it though the more I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Shred

This is supposed to be the new home kit, as posted on RAWK about a month ago:

Home Shirt 06-08.png

I like it a lot:)

Edit: here's the link from RAWK including the Adidas advertisement:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=115596.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Board@Work

I dislike the current strip and think any of those new ones are far better..

Did any else get the feeling from what he said that maybe Flo is looking for a transfer to the toffees!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Shred

Shamrok wrote:

Shít, didn't see that. The site was supposed to have been hacked the next day too and I never even thought this was a hoax as well:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Liverpool will let Jan Kromkamp, signed in January in a £2m deal, move to Ajax for £3m. - According to the sunday express.

Whats all this about then, i thought a player couldnt make more than one transfer in a year? anyway i thought he was playing ok and a decent back up to have for finnan

That only makes any sence if Rafa has another flexible right sided defender lined up and I've seen/heard nothing.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Whats all this about then, i thought a player couldnt make more than one transfer in a year? anyway i thought he was playing ok and a decent back up to have for finnan

Maybe he isn't happy being backup.

I'm fairly sure the one transfer a year is to do with players under a certain age

• Advertisement

Apparently he is somewhat a reclusive individual and doesn't integrate with the team very well. This was mentioned earlier in the week on another forum. I cant see and hope it wont happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

I thought Kromkamp has done really well since he arrived. He's been solid and slotted into a very impressive defensive system when he has played. In contrast to Traore who has been playing under Rafa 2 years and still hasn't been able to adapt appropriately.

He is a massive improvement on Josemi and seems to be enjoying his time on Merseyside by all accounts. Cant see this happening and definitely hope it doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

rondeco wrote:
    It looks as though Aguero has signed for Atletico Madrid.

http://www.as.com/articulo/futbol/A...asdaiftb_3/Tes/

Here is another link http://www.tribalfootball.com/april/spanisnews4300406.html

As it seems there is a delay maybe we can swoop in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I heard from a mate who's father is a close friend of D. Duff's family, he reckons Liverpool will sign Duff in the summer for 16 million, appartently the deal is done. Sorry if this has been posted already i haven't read through the whole thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Brilliant if true...

v sceptical and anyway does Liverpool need another left winger?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Certainly not for 16 million, but it'd be nice to have him all the same. Right wing is definitely what we're after[/broken record]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I heard from a mate who's father is a close friend of D. Duff's family

I wouldn't give this the slightest bit of notice tbh

absolute rubbish. Gonzales, Kewell, Zenden, Riise can all play left wing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

rondeco wrote:
    absolute rubbish. Gonzales, Kewell, Zenden, Riise can all play left wing.

But not as well as Duffers can. Duff will definitely be on the move in the summer . I hope he ends up at OT but i would be surprised if Liverpool were not interested.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement