Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

But not as well as Duffers can. Duff will definitely be on the move in the summer . I hope he ends up at OT but i would be surprised if Liverpool were not interested.

he's been piss poor for the most part this season. i'd have loved to have him at pool when he was leaving blackburn, not now though tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Ive heard that Rafa is a fan of Zoltan Gera. Now that West Brom are down, will me make a go for him? Quality attacking midfielder, not as much flair as Garcia but way better distribution. What ye think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

el rabitos wrote:
    he's been piss poor for the most part this season. i'd have loved to have him at pool when he was leaving blackburn, not now though tbh.

Agree. Gonzales is red hot in La Liga at the moment and looks to be the job. Cant wait for him to join up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

DaBreno wrote:
    Ive heard that Rafa is a fan of Zoltan Gera. Now that West Brom are down, will me make a go for him? Quality attacking midfielder, not as much flair as Garcia but way better distribution. What ye think?

He would be a great signing.

100% for that, would pay as much as €5,000,000 for him.

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

The Muppet wrote:
    But not as well as Duffers can. Duff will definitely be on the move in the summer . I hope he ends up at OT but i would be surprised if Liverpool were not interested.

I would rate Kewell and Gonzalez ahead of Duff.

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote:
    I would rate Kewell and Gonzalez ahead of Duff.

On current form you are correct. Duff has become robotic in his football thanks to the translator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

B'ham are down now aswell. I can Pennant attracting alot of attention. Wouldnt mind see him at liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

More horsesh1t from tribalfootball.con
    The Sunday Mirror says Juve general manager Luciano Moggi has already told Liverpool that the Frenchman could be made available as part of a deal which would see Steven Gerrard move in the opposite direction - only to be told that there was no chance of the Reds cashing in on their skipper.

Now Benitez will drop his interest in Vieira, 29, unless Juventus decide that the midfielder is still surplus to requirements - something which seems increasingly likely if the Turin club fail to clinch the Serie A title.

Liverpool would face stiff competition from other Premiership clubs should Vieira officially be made available just 12 months after quitting Highbury in a £13.75million transfer to pursue his dream of winning the Champions League.

Sir Alex Ferguson has twice been close to taking Vieira to Manchester United and is currently in desperate need of a powerful figure in central midfield.

Why the hell would Pool spend any big money another central midfielder?

Man Utd on the other hand...

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭bazzman

www.tribalfootball.com/may/spanishnews3020506.html

cisse was "seen" at training at barca, there on a holiday or going to do a diego forlan job on it and move there and become the leagues top goal soccerhttp://www.tribalfootball.com/may/spanishnews3020506.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Speaking of Barca, they were quick to respond to rumours we were interested in Guily. Im a big fan of his. Fast, aggresive and knows where the goal is, he would be a big hit in the Premiership.

Impressed with the rumour mill so far. Guily, Kuyt and Gera would be a shot in the arm for a title challenge. I suspect Rafa will try Woodgate again though, if purely for the pace....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

this from bbc tranfser rumours:

Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler fears he has played his last game at Anfield for the club. (Daily Mirror)

what the hell, we cant let him go again, one more season at least. He has played very well, not only in his finishing but with his link up play form midfield and with crouchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

very few people think he should leave, i agree with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ignore that story, you can read another one which puts a much more postive spin on Fowlers thoughts. You pays your money...

Mike.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I would say it could be a pay as you play deal for Fowler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

It seems as if a deal for Pennant has been pretty much agreed. Personal terms and transfer fee agreed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

It seems as if a deal for Pennant has been pretty much agreed. Personal terms and transfer fee agreed.

:confused: any links?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Random statements from midget lord with no backup......Im shocked

Big Nelly wrote:
    Random statements from midget lord with no backup......Im shocked

Good man.

I have made four calls on this site:

1) Ronaldo wanting to leave real madrid. He admitted so about 3 weeks after i stated this.

2) Fowler to sign for liverpool before the end of the week that he did actually sign.

3) Shevchenko to join chelsea in the summer.

4) See above.

Of the 4 i have called, two are apparantly going to happen this summer. The last time i posted the shevchenko story people immediately jumped on the bad wagon stating that it was all crap. Have you read anything about this in the media since? Have you noticed any difference in sheva's performances? Have you noticed any apparant interest in strikers from Milan?

In this instance, Pennant was very close to joining liverpool last season, but rafa decided against it as he wanted to see a improvement in his off the field behaviour. This year, it is much closer and with brum getting the drop things are much more likely, considering also that liverpool missed out on £1.5m from the heskey deal, the deal seems almost imminent.

I dont hang around news sites and be first with my copy and paste, i like to listen and ask questions, but this doesnt seem to enough for people around here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Damn straight we want links or at least know where you got your info. With all due respect, you could have just overheard two clerks behind the counter in your local shop talking about this.

I could just as easily say that Liverpool are on the verge of signing the entire Barca squad. A deal should be done by Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

In fairness it is a RUMOURS thread so people should take the posts as rumours and not as definite facts ....

• Advertisement

Rumours is one thing but saying that something is nearly a done deal is quite different. Besides, it's nice to have some sort of link/evidence to support a rumour. Otherwise people would just troll all the time talking nonsense and makingup stuff just to get attention.

Bacchus wrote:
    I could just as easily say that Liverpool are on the verge of signing the entire Barca squad. A deal should be done by Monday.

You could say that, but its not true.

Im not particularly bothered whether people take this seriously or not.

Mate, if there was to be a link with every rumour then you would be just regurgitating what is alreay out there. This is my point, im not the king of copy and paste that everyone else tries to be, i tell people what i am told, and as i have already stated, none have been wrong so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

What just like we demand a source from Bannor? Seems more personal than anything else here, if you do n't trust him, don't listen to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Bacchus wrote:
    Rumours is one thing but saying that something is nearly a done deal is quite different.
    What if it was a rumour that it was nearly done?

Would a link from the likes of the Daily Mail or tribalfootball suffice? personally I'd be happier to get my news from random desk clerks then either of them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

Post away Midget Lord.

Some people wouldnt be happy if you showed the signed contract.

Personally I think Pennant might be decent if we get Gera aswell.

Cheap and decent right sided options there

1 Pennant
    2 Gera
    3 Anderson

then on the left have

1 Kewell
    2 Gonzalez
    3 Riise

That would the the wings sorted out

Upfront

1 Crouch
    2 Fowler
    3 New
    4 New

Then players that can play in the hole like Garcia, Gonzalez, Gerrard can fit in around them lot of them if we go 4-4-2.

Ideally my team for next seaon would be 4-2-3-1

.............Reina

Finna Carra Hyppia Riise

.........Alonso Momo

Gerrard.....Kuyt......Gonzalez

..............Crouch

With Garcia / Kewell in for Crouch and Kuyt playing upfront alone sometimes.

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I always thought gera was more of a central midfielder. I haven't watched an awful lot of Brom though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

DaBreno wrote:
    I suspect Rafa will try Woodgate again though, if purely for the pace....

Maybe but I can't really see it. I think if we sign this Argentine left back we'll be well shored up at the back for the coming season with Sami, Carra, Agger, Finnan, Riise, Auriello(sp?), Kronkamp, etc. I think the money would be more wisely spent elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

From fansFC.com:
    Daniele Bonera is playing down talk of a switch to one of Europe's top clubs this summer

The highly-rated central defender is currently playing for Parma, where his performances have attracted interest from Liverpool, Inter and AC Milan and Juventus as well as pushing him into the frame for a place in Italy's World Cup squad.

Bonera though is under contract for a further season and has been quoted as saying: “I really know nothing about the stories.

“As far as I am concerned, all I can do from now on is end this season well.

“I’ll continue to dream but I will also be keeping my feet on the ground.”

Can't really see Bonera coming to Liverpool. There's probably a better chance of him going to Milan or Juve, whose defences both need some fresh blood. And if he plays well in the World Cup, that'll raise his profile too.

Sorry if I seemed agressive earlier. I didn't have my ready brek this morning and I was in a funny mood. All better now after lunch. Anyway, I like the rumours. It's fun to speculate. Bannor has his contacts so I'v never question him. When Big Nelly posted after Midget Lord it kinda set my line of thinking that ML was just trolling. Apologies.

OT. Pennant would be a decent signing alright and would help out on that right hand side but I think we need someone with better quality. How old is he btw?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Emmo wrote:
    Post away Midget Lord.

.............Reina

Finna Carra Hyppia Riise

.........Alonso Momo

Gerrard.....Kuyt......Gonzalez

..............Crouch

Post away indeed ML I was only asking for a link to see what was going on cos I heard nothing before now!!

The above team sheat would be nice but Have someone else on the right wing and then Gerrard in the hole with Kyut up front!! I would say that we would have a decent team to challenge then!!

Good team alright with the possible exception of Hyypia. How long is on his contract and will he be still fit enough to play week in week out for us? What about those new central defenders brought in. Agger and some other guy... begins with P.... Palleta? Any word on them making the first team.

Alonso, Momo and Gerrard is a rock solid midfield. With Kewell/Gonzalez on the left and a good right winger and striker we could play 4-5-1. I prefer two up front though which means rotating the midfield players. At the moment, my best XI is..

Reina
    Finnan - Carra - Hyypia - Risse
    Gerrard - Alonso - Momo - Gonzalez
    Crouch - Fowler

Subs: Agger, Morientez, Garcia, Kewell, Kromkamp

Still need that striker. How likely is Kuyt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

Former Liverpool winger Richie Partridge has been released by Sheffield Wednesday following a cull of their squad.

Sturrock wished Partridge well and said he would have no problem in finding a new club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

What amazes me is that there are so many people on various forums looking to replace Sami Hyypia.. And I really cant see why? He has been phenomenal once again this season. Has made about 2 or 3 mistakes.. Which is acceptable. Everyone raves about Carra - Rightly so I might add _ But Sami has been outstanding. He has never had pace, so there is no fear of him losing that aspect to his game and his judgement of the game has improved under Rafa..

Agger and Palletta have a lot to do if they are to put him out of the team. A lot to do.

It's not really that surprising. He'll be 33 next season. Rafa has signed two central defenders this season. I'm just askin if ye think Agger or Palleta will get a look in next year. Are they good enough? I'm not at all saying Hyypia is a poor defender. He's class. It's great seeing all these amazing cross coming into our box only to be cut out by Hyypia. He's a very intelligent defender.

Bacchus wrote:
    It's not really that surprising. He'll be 33 next season. Rafa has signed two central defenders this season. I'm just askin if ye think Agger or Palleta will get a look in next year. Are they good enough? I'm not at all saying Hyypia is a poor defender. He's class. It's great seeing all these amazing cross coming into our box only to be cut out by Hyypia. He's a very intelligent defender.

When rafa brought in Pellegrino last season we had the opportunity to rest Sami in the premiership. His european performances were imense as a result. If we can use him sparingly then we can easily get another 3 seasons out of him.

I dont know if many of you have seen much of Agger, but imo he looks a quality player. I know a couple of Danish guys who worship at his feet. Has the look of young Alan Hansen, good reading, cool on the ball and can go forward with the thing too. Obviously Rafa wants to bed him in and for him to get the rafa mentality, i have absolutely no doubt he play a big part next season, with Sami coming in when Rafa feels we need that extra experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

MAURICIO Pellegrino has turned down the chance to return to Anfield as reserve team manager.

on another note, has anyone got any screen prints of the new jersey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has today confirmed Robbie Fowler will sign a new one year contract at Anfield.
    Fowler will put pen to paper on the deal next week after impressing since his arrival from Manchester City in January.

Benitez said: "This is fantastic news. Robbie has done really well and he deserves this.

"He has scored some vital goals for us and he has worked really hard. I am delighted to have him with us for next season. He is an important member of our squad."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

was just about to post that. Super news. Delighted that god is stayin put. He has outpreformed all other strikers since his arrival in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has today confirmed Robbie Fowler will sign a new one year contract at Anfield.
    Fowler will put pen to paper on the deal next week after impressing since his arrival from Manchester City in January.

Benitez said: "This is fantastic news. Robbie has done really well and he deserves this.

"He has scored some vital goals for us and he has worked really hard. I am delighted to have him with us for next season. He is an important member of our squad."

Yayyyyyy :D:D:D

Does God staying make it more likely that morientes will be on the move or will it make a difference. Hopefully it will make sure he is gone cos he has been one of the most disappointing signing the pool have ever made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

great stuff!! Absolutely delighted. Much more worth his place then Moro or Cisse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

Not sure if this will work but here's the photos of the new kit from the Adidas catalogue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

yom 1 wrote:
    Does God staying make it more likely that morientes will be on the move or will it make a difference. Hopefully it will make sure he is gone cos he has been one of the most disappointing signing the pool have ever made.
    Sean Dundee was a bigger disappointment for me :o

p.pete wrote:
    Sean Dundee was a bigger disappointment for me :o

Jebus how did you remember him. I would still think it would be nando, arrived after acheiving quite alot in his career & on the back of a great season in the champions league with monaco, he has effectively done fcuk all.

Ps please dont let that be the away jersey in the 2nd pic, its worse than the united grey one:p

i like the look of that green and white away jersey. reminds me of the old green and white square'd one from 96', nicest away jersey ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Good to see Robbie being given a contract for next season. We all know he is past his best, but given our current crop of strikers, he is well able to hold his own among them. However, I dont expect him to thrive next season and even though I am a fan of Robbie and what he has done for us in the past, I have a feeling that come the end of next season, we will be dissapointed in his return. I dont expect Rafa to give him too many run-outs either, perhaps 20% of playing minutes tops.

redspider

i reckon if we can get a return of say 10 goals from him, then he'll have been worth the extension. he hasnt finished a full match since he returned, hopefully he'll concentrate on training all summer and getting himself into the best shape he can to hit the ground running for the new season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

I'm not sure if anyone has posted on this thread before about this player. Tevez is Argentinian and plays for Corinthians, a Brazilian club team, in the Copa Libertadores. Liverpool are seemingly after his signature, although they are not the only one. He is likely to feature in the World Cup, although I'm not sure if he is in the starting 11. He's 22 years old, small at 1.69m and 74 kg. Sounds like another Luis Garcia to me.

I saw him playing the other night on C4. For those of you that are continually striving to educate yourselves in all matters football, and for those seeking entertainment, check out Channel 4's middle of the night (1:45 or so) showings of the Copa Libertadores. I record it and watch it when I get the chance. Some good football and marvelous goals.

redspider

ps: in terms of Hyppia, he has lost what pac he had, which was never much and is now surviving on his experienc and the cover of Carra and others. If left on a one on one situation he is skinned. His slowness does allow other teams to break us down. All we need is Agger;s agility and Hyppia's experience and aerial capability, which usually is good (9/10).

I'm not sure if anyone has posted on this thread before about this player. Tevez is Argentinian and plays for Corinthians, a Brazilian club team, in the Copa Libertadores. Liverpool are seemingly after his signature, although they are not the only one. He is likely to feature in the World Cup, although I'm not sure if he is in the starting 11. He's 22 years old, small at 1.69m and 74 kg. Sounds like another Luis Garcia to me.

I saw him playing the other night on C4. For those of you that are continually striving to educate yourselves in all matters football, and for those seeking entertainment, check out Channel 4's middle of the night (1:45 or so) showings of the Copa Libertadores. I record it and watch it when I get the chance. Some good football and marvelous goals.

yeah i watch a fair bit of it myself. he's a good little player, he only joined corinthians last year so i dont see him leaving anytime soon. chelsea were supposed to be after him aswell.

i'm not a big supporter of south americans in the premiership, purely because i dont think they are very effective, not enough time on the ball, its just not a good environment for them to show off their superior technique.

as far as hyypia goes, if agger isnt pushing him for his place next year then agger is coming up short. the only thing hyypia has is his ability to read the game, i think he does this better than carra, but he's like an oil tanker turning when he gets skimmed. there will be alot of games again next season so i expect agger to push for his place

redspider wrote:

ps: in terms of Hyppia, he has lost what pac he had, which was never much and is now surviving on his experienc and the cover of Carra and others. If left on a one on one situation he is skinned. His slowness does allow other teams to break us down. All we need is Agger;s agility and Hyppia's experience and aerial capability, which usually is good (9/10).

I reckon that Reina's sweeping ability means that Hyppia's lack of pace is not so much of a threat anymore. Defo get next season out of him I think.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement