Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Hadn't heard anything about Liverpool & Tevez :confused:

Chelsea were interested in Tevez recently. Mourinho was even at Corinthians' Libertadores Cup games yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

SofaKing wrote:
    Hadn't heard anything about Liverpool & Tevez :confused:

Chelsea were interested in Tevez recently. Mourinho was even at Corinthians' Libertadores Cup games yesterday.

didnt corinthians ask for 150m pounds or something? an i thought he had been at te club a few seasons.

you were right:
    2001-2004 Boca Juniors 75 (26)
    2005- Corinthians 53 (31)

also he was South American Footballer of the Year for 2003, 2004, 2005.

i wouldnt say no to him!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Tevez is out of Liverpools league.
    Chelsea are looking to buy him, but it's gona cost them a hell of a lot of money, if they manage to get him, I would not be suprised to see them give 50 or 60 million.
    Corinthians don't need the money, and they absolutely do not want to sell him. They know Chelsea have infinite funds, If they go after him, we could easily see a record transfer fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Robbie Fowler at 6/1 to play in WC!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Dont waste your money mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Well with Heskey rumoured to be getting a call-up, Owen's injury still a worry, why not Fowler? He may have a problem sustaining fitness over a length of time, but he's a nice option to have in the squad, I'd say. That said, I don't think he should step foot on the pitch ahead of the likes of Bent.

England could end up having to take Bent, Crouch, Fowler and Defoe as their strike-force - what would the odds on that have been at the start of the season? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Well with Heskey rumoured to be getting a call-up, Owen's injury still a worry, why not Fowler? He may have a problem sustaining fitness over a length of time, but he's a nice option to have in the squad, I'd say. That said, I don't think he should step foot on the pitch ahead of the likes of Bent.

England could end up having to take Bent, Crouch, Fowler and Defoe as their strike-force - what would the odds on that have been at the start of the season? :)

I'd take him, but eriksson wont. Fowler wasnt overly nice about him in his book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Some strange rumours from BBC this morning:

Middlesbrough defender Franck Quedrue wants to leave the Uefa Cup finalists and join Liverpool. (News of the World)

United, Liverpool and Spurs are all interested in Wigan full-back Pascal Chimbonda and may get their man for around £4 million. (Daily Express)

Liverpool will sell winger Harry Kewell this summer - probably to Valencia, for a fee of £4 million. (Sunday People)

Do we need Quedrue of Chimbonda, also why sell Kewell, he has been playing well and it may not be a great idea to just leave Gonxalex and Riise as cover, we would need to get a new left winger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

THere is also Bolo Zenden for the left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Call_me_al wrote:
    Liverpool will sell winger Harry Kewell this summer - probably to Valencia, for a fee of £4 million. (Sunday People)
    why sell Kewell, he has been playing well ......
    Rafa probably wants to get him off the wage bill - he's on around 50k per week

Does anything about the Kewell/Rafa relationship suggest he's on his way?

Not to me, unless the way Rafa talks him up is to boost interest?

Mike.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Kewell is definitely playing a lot better in recent times. If he kept his good form, I'd be happy if he stayed.

Though, he hasn't been much use in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Would be silly to sell Kewell. If Rafa buys anymore defenders I will stab myself in the face with a fork.

Ah don't do that! :D I reckon there will be only two 'major' signings this summer - a right winger and a forward.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Highly unlikely Tevez will go for any easy amount of money.

Besides, he is the property of some advertising company I read.

Still tho...tis nice to dream :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

we'll have one argentine in the team next year, so its a start :D he can have a word with tevez and put the bad mouth on chelsea :p

i'm honoured to be your current favourate post kaimera :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Alonso is hoping to make the Cup Final - http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N152279060507-1746.htm

Not as bad as first thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

SWP rumour from sportinglife.com

Liverpool are reportedly lining up a £14million move for Chelsea's Shaun Wright-Phillips.

The Blues are prepared to cut their losses on the speedy winger, who cost £21million from Manchester City last summer, but will not consider a loan switch according to the Daily Mirror.

Wright-Phillips has struggled to settle at Stamford Bridge, starting just 15 games for the champions, and could be tempted by a return to the north west.

Reds boss Rafael Benitez is keen to bring in a right winger after being forced to play Steven Gerrard and Djibril Cisse out of position on the right in recent weeks, and has been linked with moves for Benfica's Simao and Joaquin of Real Betis.

Benitez could raise funds for the deal by offloading Cisse.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I don't think Chelski will let SWP go to us for that price.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well if SWP were to come I would happily welcome him!!
    Only thing is I think that Cisse should stay!! For some reason I think he is gonna be a huge hit next season!! I might actually put a fiver on him to score 20+ in the premiership next season!!

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote:
    Well if SWP were to come I would happily welcome him!!
    Only thing is I think that Cisse should stay!! For some reason I think he is gonna be a huge hit next season!! I might actually put a fiver on him to score 20+ in the premiership next season!!

He's muck. His goal yesterday proved what he's all about, head down and hit it hard. He wasnt looking at the goal and drilled it low and far too close to the keeper who really should have saved it but was making sure he didnt get hurt from a cisse piledriver. it went right under his foot.Theres no skill or finesse about him, just pace and power, poorly used pace and power at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I will be happy enough to say goodbye to Cissé and his misplaced ego. As for SWP, I reckon £14m is still too much for him. If he wasn't english, he would be closer to £9m max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Stekelly wrote:
    He's muck. His goal yesterday proved what he's all about, head down and hit it hard. He wasnt looking at the goal and drilled it low and far too close to the keeper who really should have saved it but was making sure he didnt get hurt from a cisse piledriver. it went right under his foot.Theres no skill or finesse about him, just pace and power, poorly used pace and power at that.
    Plus the several seconds spent lining up the shot is evidence of his lack of control and composure. Most defences would have been sharp enough to deny the chance.

Perhaps not £14m outright but if we could spread the payments outs I'd be happy with him for that price.

When he did play for chelsea, I thought he was bloody class.

Toss between Duff and SWP...I couldn't decide now. A few months ago it would have been Duff in a heartbeat but not so much now.

Tho if Duff did come, I do believe Rafa could have his form back lickity split.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I think I would take duffer first....but if there was a choice between us and utd I think he'd go to united.

It's past time to get rid of Cisse, I hope he has a great world cup and scores a few goals. That would possible go some way to pushing up his value.

Thats it aswell. I have nothing major against Cisse, just think he's too rough around the edges and it seems clear to me that Rafa didn't take to him.

Maybe had he not to break the leg and was playing prior to Rafa arriving it might be different. Whos to say really.

A good WC run with France will do him no harm at all and hopefully we can send him on for some nice amount aprés le WC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I acutally feel bad for Cisse cos he never seemed to get the same run as Crouch.Crouch's touch is obviously better than Cisse but I heard someone say yesterday that Cisse got 21 goals in all competitions (no source unfortunatly).
    I'm fairly sure he's our top scoring forward it just seems silly to get rid of him if he scores more than the rest.
    Especially since he's played on the right more than up front. If we get a good offer after the world cup - 10m - possibly let him go but we had better had someone good lined up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I acutally feel bad for Cisse cos he never seemed to get the same run as Crouch.Crouch's touch is obviously better than Cisse but I heard someone say yesterday that Cisse got 21 goals in all competitions (no source unfortunatly).
    I'm fairly sure he's our top scoring forward it just seems silly to get rid of him if he scores more than the rest.
    Especially since he's played on the right more than up front. If we get a good offer after the world cup - 10m - possibly let him go but we had better had someone good lined up.

He has got 21 in all comps this season from what I remember!! Thats our best striker this season yet he was played on the wing, not given proper full runs in the team etc!! I find it hard to believe that he wasn't given a longer run in the first team in his best position!!

How many of those were in the league? He has a total of 23 from 78 games for Liverpool, not great whichever way you look at it. Plus I dont feel he contributes as much as any of the other forwards. 8 of his games were CL qualifiers that UEFA dont count for goalscorign and the like. He misses far too many chances. Playign out of position on the right wing isnt an excuse for beign crap either. I've been over to Anfield twice thins season in Oct and Mar and both times he was doing the same crap, he never changes.

If you know your going to be on the wing, you adapt a bit, take the ball, stop trying to beat players when you obviuosly cant and just put crosses in. David Beckham has made a career out of not beatign players but still gettign crosses in. Cisse hasnt got a brain and can't adapt to circumstances. He's a hoofer at best, we should stick him at the back and just get him to clear everything that comes near him as far up the pitch as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Stekelly wrote:
    .......He's a hoofer at best, we should stick him at the back and just get him to clear everything that comes near him as far up the pitch as possible.

you could be on to something there - maybe he could take sami's place cos he has an abundance of pace:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Cisse's stats:

Club:

78 appearences (36 as sub) and 23 goals...

This season:

Club:
    53 appearnces (25 as sub) and 18 goals

6 apprearences (4 as sub) and 4 goals..

Its stats like that which make it so annoying that he's no good!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Rumours on some websites say we have all but signed RVN for 10 million. Hope it's not true!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Rumours on some websites say we have all but signed RVN for 10 million. Hope it's not true!!
    Are you crazy?
    He'd be an amazing signing for any club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

i'd be interested to see your sources. "some" could be any!!!

Tis interesting indeed!! But the fact is can Liverpool afford his wages and will Rafa be interested considering how he has acted at united??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I will be happy enough to say goodbye to Cissé and his misplaced ego. As for SWP, I reckon £14m is still too much for him. If he wasn't english, he would be closer to £9m max.

I cant see mourinhos sanctioning a sale of a player to liverpool with the current hatred between the two managers. No chance at all. I think hed sell him to united before liverpool....

tred wrote:
    I cant see mourinhos sanctioning a sale of a player to liverpool with the current hatred between the two managers. No chance at all. I think hed sell him to united before liverpool....

But would he really be worried if Liverpool bought him?? Think about it this way, You have a payer that couldn't break into/give added depth a league winning side! You have to cut your losses so highest bidder wins me thinks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

jonny24ie wrote:
    But would he really be worried if Liverpool bought him?? Think about it this way, You have a payer that couldn't break into/give added depth a league winning side! You have to cut your losses so highest bidder wins me thinks!
    Highest bidder isn't how Chelsea works. They wouldn't sell him to any of the top five clubs in England unless he was in a position to run his contract down.

Re. RVN, no thanks having read comments on his related thread (if the training ground bust ups etc are true). Again, don't see Ferguson letting him go to Liverpool, he hates us. Precedent would be Paul McGrath not joining us :)

• Advertisement

i dont think SWP will be sold, unless he puts in a transfer request, which according to the player himself is not going to happen.

RE: Van the man for pool - i checked BBC, SKY, Koptalk, ESPN and even football365 (which is like the Sun for info imo) and no mention of a link between the two...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭smoke

p.pete wrote:
    Highest bidder isn't how Chelsea works. They wouldn't sell him to any of the top five clubs in England unless he was in a position to run his contract down.

Re. RVN, no thanks having read comments on his related thread (if the training ground bust ups etc are true). Again, don't see Ferguson letting him go to Liverpool, he hates us. Precedent would be Paul McGrath not joining us :)

I agree with Pete on this. Ferguson said a few years back that he would never sell a player to Liverpool and that it's against the clubs policy. He made that very clear.

http://www.koptalk.com/detail_subtitle_listing.php?link_id=2333&subid=2&sticky=0

It's doing the rounds on the insider website as well. I personally would not like to see him come to Liverpool, yes he is a great poacher but I feel with Robbie after signing a new contract we have a good enough poacher on the books already I also don't think he would be great for Team spirit if some of the stories coming out of the Man U camp are true. I am hoping we sign Torres.

smoke wrote:
    I agree with Pete on this. Ferguson said a few years back that he would never sell a player to Liverpool and that it's against the clubs policy. He made that very clear.

If RVN wanted to go to Liverpool and they offered the 10 million then it would be very difficult for Ferguson to stop the transfer going through. Though the more I think about it the more I think it might be bo**ox I can't see Rafa forking out 10 million for a striker who is nearly 30. Especially when he has already been on record saying he wants young, fast, strong strikers coming in.

jeez man, after reading that story i still don't believe it.
    Phil Thompson believes Rafa might make a cheeky bid for Ruud

and you say according to some websites its a done deal??? 2+2=5 more like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

please, no linking or posting information thats on koptalk, its utter crap.

I wudn't take Horseface or SWP(he can't pass the ball)

• Advertisement

T&#225 wrote: »
    jeez man, after reading that story i still don't believe it.

and you say according to some websites its a done deal??? 2+2=5 more like

Yeah most likely is bo**ox, though there is a lot of speculation on the Insider that it is a done deal I find it hard to believe though.

zabbo wrote:
    please, no linking or posting information thats on koptalk, its utter crap.

Yeah maybe but sure its all a bit of fun. They have broke a number of signings before anyone else though, it was the first place with the news of Fowler signing when no other website/paper had a sniff it was going to happen.

true that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Phil Tonker is a tosser at the best of times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Paul ince played for liverpool, RVN would be a great signing..Kop on

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement