Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If Kuyt deal is dead, DeFoe looks ever more likely esp with Mido apparently back at Roma and Berbatov joining Spurs.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Bannor wrote:
    Just been told the Kuyt transfer is dead. Liverpool want to finalise everything this week and Feyenoord want to wait until after the World Cup.

Morientes has been offered to Real Betis.

Daniel Alves will decide in the next week about a move to Liverpool or Barcelona.

We are apparently in for Joaquin so Moro to Betis offer makes sense. The talk of alves deciding in the next week is coming from YNWA website. I could speculate that the Kuyt deal is dead because of the rampant Defoe rumours....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I am not surpsied Feynord are waiting till after the WC. It would be stupid of them to let it go through before it. Maybe if kuyt has a poor wc it might be back on.

However a good WC will only raise his price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

This is worrying. A lot of sites have asserted charlton want more than we are prepared to pay for Bent and now Kuyt is not happening. We need players! This cant happen another season in a row.
    What are the odds now on Defoe as our main target, possibly Bellamy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Guily has been linked in the past, I have always thought of him as a quality player and on tonights showing he would be incredible for us on the right.

Contract winding down too. Rafa get your cheque book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

What strikers are liverpool looking at then Bannor?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

any english based striker is going to cost over the odds, and any player in the world cup that plays well and would be capable of offering the club anything will cost a fair bit too.

the only name that springs to mind is riki from malaga, he's been linked with a handfull of clubs though.

if it comes to the worst sure pool could always use roma's tactics of 6 midfielders and no strikers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

el rabitos wrote:
    if it comes to the worst sure pool could always use roma's tactics of 6 midfielders and no strikers :P

Yeah and we probably still wont have a right winger:D

Disappointed to hear about Kuyt but we all know Rafa wont pay over his own estimation - which is a good thing. Would have liked to see him and Bent signed myself.
    Bannor any word on what right sided players we are chasing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Call_me_al wrote:
    bannor i may have missed this earlier but where do you get your info from?

Newbies, you dont ask questions of Bannor, he already explained himself ages ago and if you missed it then hard luck:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭The Rooster

If Kuyt is gone, the only option is to break the bank for Villa.

Defoe, Bent, Johnson and everyone else mentioned are not good enough to push Liverpool to a title. Owen would be the only other alternative I might be happy with.

Liverpool have released youngsters Robbie Foy, Ramon Calliste, Paul Willis, Paul Lancaster and Calum Woods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

If Kuyt is gone, the only option is to break the bank for Villa.

Villa won't be leaving Spain - it would be the same as Rooney leaving England - hes the next great hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

spurs pondering a defoe/kewell swop

Sky Sports are saying Alves is considering a move after we made an approach to Seville. Another RB? Say it aint so unless Kongkamp is leaving. We are as sound regarding defense, its midfield and attack that need the beefing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭The Rooster

TheMonster wrote:
    Villa won't be leaving Spain - it would be the same as Rooney leaving England - hes the next great hope.
    Not saying he's going to Liverpool because he's probably out of the price range. But its nonsense to say he wouldnt leave Spain - its not like he's with Barca or Real - albeit they'd be favourites if he did leave - however a big club with a Spanish manager and a number of Spanish players would not be out of the question if the club had the cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

DaBreno wrote:
    Sky Sports are saying Alves is considering a move after we made an approach to Seville. Another RB? Say it aint so unless Kongkamp is leaving. We are as sound regarding defense, its midfield and attack that need the beefing up.

Alves is awesome, for anyone who saw the Uefa cup final, he plays like that every game.

It would be some coup to nick him from Barcelona.

//Edit

Villa only moved clubs last year and for 11million or so. We won't get him for less than 15.

Riki is a player I like watching, he's very young though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

We've been around this merry-go-round a few times before.

As this has gone the last few times, expect nothing. Rafa will probably keep his cards v. close to his chest and sign someone out of the blue (like Sissoko).

Fingers crossed a really good striker comes our way this summer - its by a country mile the area of the pitch that needs to be improved.

I'd say it could be difficult to tie up the signings of any of these big players pre-world cup. Perhaps Rafa is eyeing some players who are staying at home this summer....

zabbo wrote:
    Riki is a player I like watching, he's very young though.

so is wayne rooney :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

bringback st michael i recon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Shut up with the Owen crap already. He is a quality player but he is a cripple at this stage.. He spent 66% of the season injured. We would need to buy another striker to play for him when he is injured.

Shut up with the Owen crap already. He is a quality player but he is a cripple at this stage.. He spent 66% of the season injured. We would need to buy another striker to play for him when he is injured.

absolutely whole hearted agree with you there jesus

Newcastle wasted a fortune on him last year and in doing so they did us a big favour.

On another note seems gerrard and alonso are really looking forward to playing with Speedy
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N152270060518-0853.htm

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N152400060518-1259.htm

• Advertisement

DaBreno wrote:

Krompamp is leaving this summer. Alves has two offers on the table. One from us and one from Barca. He hasn't decided yet apparently.

I find it a bit odd that kromkamp is leaving this summer - any time he has played he's looked sharp and useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

rondeco wrote:
    Krompamp is leaving this summer
    Source?

He's leaving cos he hasn't been able to settle at anfield. A supposed 3 million offer is on the table for him to go back to Holland. I will source this when I have more time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Surely it can't take much time to type the name of a source.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Id also imagine Alves would be coming to fill the right midfield position. I know he's a right back at Seville, but he's very very attacking, has a great cross on him and would fit perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

Just out of interest, how many people on here have seen more of Kuyt than a handful of compilations? Some people seem to think he is the Messiah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Liverpool striker would listen to Marseille offer

Djibril Cisse has opened the door for a summer move back to France

The 24-year-old striker ended the season in a rich vein of form for Liverpool but knows that may not be enough to save him from being offloaded before the start of next season, as manager Rafael Benitex looks to strengthen his attacking options.

Cisse told La Provence newspaper: "I am ready to study any offer.

"I have two favourite clubs in France, AJ Auxerre and OM, who have always made me dream. And I know that one day I will play at Marseille.

"We almost reached an agreement (in January) but Liverpool eventually decided to oppose the transfer.

"In Marseille people thought that I did not want to come but that was absolutely not the case."
    http://www.fansfc.com/liverpoolfootballclub/news.asp?newsid=152900
    Liverpool told to bid £7million

Liverpool have been told they can have Sevilla's Daniel Alves but only if they table an offer of around £7million.

The 23-year-old Brazilian - who can play as a right-back or on the right side of midfield - has been linked with the Reds for some time.

If Rafa decides to make an offer and if he is successful in recruiting him, then it's fair to say that Jan Kromkamp will be axed as recent speculation continues to suggest.
    http://www.koptalk.com/detail_subtitle_listing.php?link_id=2643&subid=2&sticky=0

Thought Kromkamp hadn't been playinging all that badly and looked a solid squad player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Alves is easily worth 7 mill I'd have said, as for Cisse any decent offer accepted. Traore is on the way out it seems (not a surprise) the talk about Kewell and Defoe swapping homes is alarming though.

Mike.

Fair enough, Alves is a class player and Rafa tried to buy him in the summer, but do we need to go for him? With 5mil already shelled out for Agger and Palletta + Aurelio arriving soon we have invested plenty in our defense. Does all this suggest that Krongkamp has handed in a transfer request?
    Would anyone have an idea how much the manager has to spend? Surely Right mid and One maybe two forwards should be where the outlay needs to be.

• Advertisement

i think alves would do nicely on the right of midfield - that's probably where rafa is eyeing him for, not defense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

7mil for RM could be good, 7mil for backup RB does not sound good.
    I couldn't see the latter happening

also wouldn't want finnan dropped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Nah id say its for Midfield he's being bought alright, especially as when pool were looking for winger last summer he was one of the major names being linked for the position. Actually it kinda works out nicely given finnans age, in say 2 or 3 years finnan might be past it, then if Paul Anderson were good enough to step in at RM Alves could always be used as RB again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Nah id say its for Midfield he's being bought alright, especially as when pool were looking for winger last summer he was one of the major names being linked for the position. Actually it kinda works out nicely given finnans age, in say 2 or 3 years finnan might be past it, then if Paul Anderson were good enough to step in at RM Alves could always be used as RB again.

I'd say if Kromkamp goes, then Barragan will be the new backup RB. He's had a year to acclimatise to the EPL and from reserves reports I've read he's come on a lot as the year has gone on, and he even scored the only goal in a recent reserve game against MU.

The reason most RB's can't play midfield is because they don't have the pace to go past a LB. I didn't see the Seville-Boro game (was in Bristol airport at the time) but from reports I read of it, he's faster than Downing who's main trick is to just knock the ball past the RB and sprint past him. So for 7m, he'll play in midfield and not the back.

That said, if Barca are really interested in him, I think he'll go there instead.

pool linked with yet another defender

from SSN
    Liverpool are ready to turn to Spain again for summer reinforcements after being linked with a move for Real Betis defender Melli.

Reports emanating from Spain suggest Liverpool are keeping tabs on the young central defender.

The Reds are believed to have watched Melli on several occasions this season after he impressed in the two UEFA Champions League encounters between the sides this year.

Melli is highly-regarded at Betis and he still has four years to run on his contract with the Seville-based club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

Seville want £13.6m for Alves. It looks as if our interest may just have ended.

Of the Nest it does not accept it, but already it is begun to negotiate. WISHED. Daniel Alves is in the list of Liverpool and Barcelona for the next season. The Liverpool does not want to let pass the time and wants to go ahead to Barcelona in the hiring of Daniel Alves. Although the club of Joan Laporta has in its hands a permission of lateral preference on the Brazilian, Rafa Benítez wants it in its new sport project at all costs and has fixed like priority the acquisition of the soccer player of Seville. Of this form, the English set establishes his first supply in seven million pounds (about 10.3 million euros), a number that the president Of the Nest has rejected categorically but that he supposes the beginning of a negotiation. And all it although the maximum sevillista leader the past kept awake during winter market a proposal also of the English that reached the 12 million euros. In Seville they are conscious that the quotation of Alves has increased considerably in these last months and it does not seem that they accede to sell it by less than 20 million euros, although everything will depend on the different variants from each negotiation, like including players in the operation like change currency. The own Daniel Alves already let latent after the last party before Real Madrid his predisposition to be transferred to the Liverpool, when assuring that “it would be very easy to adapt me to the equipment by the trainer and the Spanish soccer players who militate there”. But Barcelona is on the lookout, since after discarding the option of Thierry Henry, the sevillista one happens to be one of its main objectives. Kromkamp does not convince The Liverpool does not finish finding a lateral one of guarantees straight. Rafa Benítez took in his first campaign to Josemi, that soon was including in the operation of Jan Kromkamp, who in spite of to have played 17 parties does not finish convincing

From this mornings AS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Couple of reports saying that Didi Hamann may be leaving...
    Rafa ready to end Liverpool midfielder's Kop stay

Newspaper reports today claim that Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez is ready to allow German midfielder Dietmar Hamann to leave Anfield.

Even though Didi has a year remaining on his existing deal, it is claimed that Rafa will allow him to leave on a free transfer to get him off the wage bill.

It is unlikely that Rafa will put pressure on him to leave but he won't stand in his way if someone makes a formal approach.

Bolton have previously been linked with the player and it is likely that they will return if he indicates it's time to move on.

Didi retired from international football last week after he was left out of Germany's World Cup squad.
    http://www.koptalk.com/detail_subtitle_listing.php?link_id=2654&subid=2&sticky=0
    Liverpool set to axe veteran?

Reports have claimed that Liverpool are looking to release long-serving midfielder Dietmar Hamann from his contract a year early.

The former German international was linked with a move away from Anfield last summer, but he was offered a new one-year deal and his 31 appearances in all competitions have triggered a further 12-month extension.

It has been suggested that Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has been sounding out teams about a possible move for the 32-year-old, who has been with the Merseyside club for almost seven years.

Bolton showed a strong interest in the midfield hardman last summer, and may well renew their interest should he become available.
    http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=6354

:(

Starting off like another frustrating transfer period - thankfully Rafa seems to have patience (even if the rest of us start running short!) :)

<edit>

regarding Didi, I'd say he was needed more at the start of last season when Sissoko was new to the league - he's developed brilliantly so less of a need now. The fact that Sissoko was injured for so long though should show why we need the cover there though, Gerrard and Alonso unfortunately aren't beyond getting injured either.

didi is a great squad player. so much experience. i'd like to see him end his days at liverpool. he'll always be an istanbul hero imo.

another story: source koptalk:
    Liverpool have reached an agreement in principal with Birmingham City for their winger Jermaine Pennant.

Although details of the fee remain undisclosed, Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez is confident that nobody else will come in with a higher offer.

The player's agent Sky Andrew has already agreed personal terms with Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry but the deal will not proceed unless Rafa is unsuccessful with other options that he has prioritised. An email received overnight from a source of mine involved in the negotiations, said: "Rafa has Jermaine in the bag but he must decide whether to push ahead with the deal or buy some more time.

"The transfer fee that has been brokered is reasonable but the wages are slightly higher than a player of his age would usually command.

"Rafa has other options and Sky (agent) is aware of this, which is probably why the wages are more lucrative as Pennant is prepared to wait.

"It's an excellent back-up plan that has been thought out by Rafa and put in place by Rick (Parry)."

• Advertisement

who wanted dirk kuyt??? just received this from a friend. think his source was nufc.co.uk
    Feyenoord's Kuyt: Newcastle would be dream move

Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt has made a 'come and get me' plea to Newcastle United.

The Dutch ace was scouted by Toon in the closing weeks of the season and said: "I would love to play in the North-East. When I was young I loved Italian football. But only because Van Basten, Rijkaard and Gullit were playing for AC Milan.

"Now I'd rather play in England. I love English football. I also think my style of play is completely right for the Premiership.

T&#225 wrote: »
    who wanted dirk kuyt??? just received this from a friend. think his source was nufc.co.uk

also on koptalk now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Where exactly does it say that he would want to play in Newcastle?
    Says he'd love to play in England, I'd imagine only the top 4 clubs are an option for him.
    Didn't Bannor say the transfer for him had fallen through?

well yeah your right. he only mentions the north east. probably sunderland.

PHB wrote:
    Says he'd love to play in England, I'd imagine only the top 4 clubs are an option for him.
    He said he'd love to play in the north-east. So I guess he could mean Middlesborough?

PHB wrote:
    Pretty much, he said his club want to look at a transfer after the world cup rather then before. So translation is they want the best deal for themselves (fair enough).

Sounds like this is an effort from the player / agent to get things moving again - whatever stage things had gotten to before I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

maybe his english isn't so good and he meant the north west :p
    otherwise theres nothing there suggesting he wants a move to liverpool regardless of whats happened previously

think i'd like didi to stay tbh, he can control the centre like no other player in the squad, it's a valuable asset

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm not sure if this is accurate but weren't there quotes attributed to Kuyt saying that Spurs weren't big enough for him? If that's true then he'd be pretty picky....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Isn't this the 4th or 5th supposed 'come get me' plea from Kuyt at this stage - ourselves, Spurs and the gunners iirc and now apparently nufc. Guy doesn't seem to know where he wants to play next season other than 'not Feyenoord'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Seville want £13.6m for Alves. It looks as if our interest may just have ended.

From this mornings AS.

AS? is that a spainish paper/site and you copy and pasted the article into an translator?

I would like to see didi stay. We wouldnt get any money for him, so why not keep him? He would still be very useful to have around training for the young players. Maybe he wants one more season of regular football though, dont blame him. Hes been a brilliant signing for liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

F*ck Kuyt. If he doesn't want to solely play for Liverpool then I wouldn't like to see him come and I don't think Rafa would bring him in either.

He only wants players that want to play for Liverpool and not the top 4 or 5 in England.

Then again, the papers are full of $hit this time of year cos its really quiet after end of season and before the WC.

I'll hold off on any judgement on any players until they are confirmed by the official site or a really good source.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement