Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well apparently Kyut wants the Pool now!! If he can be gotten for no more than £10 Mill I would take him but still has to prove himself in the EPL!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

jonny24ie wrote:
    still has to prove himself in the EPL!!
    profound ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

i'm quite worried at the moment i know its world cup time and the lions share of transfers will happen after the competition but all we're officially hearing from the liverpool camp is about people leaving (i accept that the people leaving need to leave).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

This morning's Daily Mirror going with Pennant as next buy for £3.5m. More here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Chelsea are holding talks with Feyenoord striker Salomon Kalou over a move to the Premiership according to the BBC, surely Feynoord wont want to lose two big strikers this summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Call_me_al wrote:
    Chelsea are holding talks with Feyenoord striker Salomon Kalou over a move to the Premiership according to the BBC, surely Feynoord wont want to lose two big strikers this summer?

Thats true, and chelsea being chelsea, they've likely paid over the odds and
    up-front so Feyenoord can afford to be choosy over how much they let Kuyt
    go for, if they let him go at all.

The only bright spot is that they'll have huge problems getting a work permit
    for him, so odds are he could well be back there again next season, which
    might allow Kuyt to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Van Basten has been trying to fast track Kalou for Dutch citizenship so he can play for Holland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

and failed. he says he wants to play for the ivory coast after the WC because he couldn't get dutch citizenship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

afaik he only didnt get dutch citizenship because he's only been there 3 years, dont you not have to live in a country for 5 years to get citizenship?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

mike65 wrote:

I really hope so Mike. It seems as if there are settling problems with his extra's. Hopefully this will all be ok. I would hate to see him leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

dcarroll wrote:
    afaik he only didnt get dutch citizenship because he's only been there 3 years, dont you not have to live in a country for 5 years to get citizenship?

thats why he applied for his citizenship application to be FAST TRACKED, ie not needing to be in the country for a certain amount of time. He failed Dutch language and Culture tests and was told to retake them, but instead appealed and lost said appeal, then gave up...

mike65 wrote:
    King Luis I of Garcia to stay

I think he'll go if we get a good offer for him. Theres usually no smoke without fire when it comes to rumours about wives not being happy. Also if Rafa gets the players he wants this summer theres no way he'll be a first choice player next season. He has already played much less of a role last season than he did the season before.

They're mostly going through the denying he's for sale rigamarole, to keep his value up for if/when they get an offer for him.

Good player, scored some unbelieveable goals for us, but his consistency level is shocking, not only from game to game, but within games themselves.

I still think he'll stay but someone is deffo going if he can help it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/5025448.stm
    Striker Djibril Cisse says he feels unwanted by Liverpool coach Rafa Benitez and wants to join former Anfield boss Gerard Houllier at Lyon.

Cisse, training with the France World Cup squad at Clairefontaine, said: "Mr. Houllier signed me for Liverpool but I never had the chance to work with him.

"Now I have a coach who doesn't want me. Benitez doesn't use me, so I've taken a step back.

"I don't have the confidence of the coach; he doesn't like me."

Houllier helped bring Cisse to Liverpool from Auxerre but left the club shortly before the 24-year-old signed in July 2004.

And Cisse said he was even willing to take a pay cut to join Houllier at Lyon - either on loan or in a permanent move.

"Financially, you have to make some sacrifices and I'm ready to make them," he said.

Also Le tallac is on the way out if he can get away.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

lets see houllier spend another 14m on him, oh what's that....he wouldn't? :rolleyes:

:)

does seem obvious benitez doesn't like him though. nice to see cisse values playing above the money though.

mike65 wrote:
    Also Le tallac is on the way out if he can get away.

An awful waste of talent that, but if his attitude is as bad as its supposed to be and he can't make it at Sunderland...

I wonder if Cisse goes, does that mean Pongolle gets moved up a notch in the order, or is he going to be moved on as well??. I'd like to see him given a decent chance as he could potentially save us a lot of money on the likes of Bent or Defoe.

Any news of Mellor? He surely can't stay any longer hoping he'll get his chance of a breakthrough [Richie Partridge like]?

Going to be a busy summer for Rafa, sorting out the transfers in and out, new scout [http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N152472060528-0922.htm], and sorting out what to do with the remains of some of Houlliers wierd signings like Medjani.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Stky10 wrote:
    Any news of Mellor? He surely can't stay any longer hoping he'll get his chance of a breakthrough [Richie Partridge like]?

I heard that Mellor has a niggling knee injury that could quite easily turn into a career threatener. Best of luck to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Well Cisse's gone, feeling unloved.

Mixed emotions, but how many times during the year have we said post-match 'CISSE HAS GOT TO GO'

French Flop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Shame about Cisse, I always thought he could do the business for us.

I also read that Gonzales has been kicked out of the Chili squad, he was caught with 3 girls in his room and was supposedly drunk after the Ireland match. Gwan Speedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I also read that Gonzales has been kicked out of the Chili squad, he was caught with 3 girls in his room and was supposedly drunk after the Ireland match. Gwan Speedy.
    He's just gone up a few notches in my book after that....:D

• Advertisement

Possibly won't look too good to any board deciding on work permit applicationes though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

p.pete wrote:
    Possibly won't look too good to any board deciding on work permit applicationes though...

Shows that he is making friends and trying to intergrate with the community :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

This could be a concern,I hope its a once of as we don't want players with crazy off filed lifestyles.

Dub13 wrote:
    This could be a concern,I hope its a once of as we don't want players with crazy off filed lifestyles.

Damn right, we want only celibate teetotalers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/boysingreen/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=22722

"Mark Gonzalez, the winger on the books of Liverpool, and striker Reinaldo Navia smuggled women into their hotel room against the orders of head coach Nelson Acosta." :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

is he married? we dont want another (garcia) disgruntled wife pulling her fella back to the motherland, this time in SOUTH AMERICA!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I read that he is engaged to some Model, she looked hot too!!

eirebhoy wrote:
    "Mark Gonzalez, the winger on the books of Liverpool, and striker Reinaldo Navia smuggled women into their hotel room against the orders of head coach Nelson Acosta." :D

Doesn't exactly make him the new Stan Collymore yet....

From other reports I've read over the weekend, it seems the rest of the players support the 'Hotel Two' and reckon the coach over reacted. They weren't caught mid coitus or anything...

irish1 wrote:
    I read that he is engaged to some Model, she looked hot too!!

oh, do you think he's hot as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Lol I was referring to his Finance and the Model, don't swing that way, hope your not too dissapointed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Gonzalez's girlfriend is Gisela Molinero, a model and TV presenter. Worth a google, but be careful she tends not to wear a whole lot when being photographed!!

any links to work freindly images would be nice

from koptalk
    Newspaper reports today claim that Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has finally signed his new contract which will now run until 2010.

Although unconfirmed by the club at this time, supporters will take this as a sign that the manager has been pledged funds to continue his team rebuilding

when this is confirmed i think it should get a topic on its own. so rafa gets the space he deserves. in rafa we trust

• Advertisement

Jaysus Mike, thats a pretty wrong picture. I have seen many better ones than that.

Slydice comes up empty...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

If only the tackle from behind wasn't banned....................

On a seperate note, see the yarn in The Herald about Cisse saying the only person at Anfield he doesn't get on with is the manager who he hates.

That's him most definately gone now

He clearly wanted to engineer his exit quickly.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i dont think he really had to "engineer" much, the miss upon countless miss in games during the season sealed his exit.

cisse would have been gone in january if it wasnt for the champions league.

i expect him to head to marseille for around 6 - 8 mill up front and some more cash based on performances and the rest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mike65 wrote:
    He clearly wanted to engineer his exit quickly.

Mike.

What? 90 minutes of engineering every saturday not enough?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

el rabitos wrote:
    i expect him to head to marseille for around 6 - 8 mill up front and some more cash based on performances

So that'll be a straight 6-8 mill then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

So that'll be a straight 6-8 mill then?

touche :p

as long as he's not loaned out, i dont really care who he goes to or for how much as long as its for at least 6 mill up front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Surely if Marseille are interested, Houllier is still stupid enough to pay 14-16 million for him again.

You know when he goes back to the French league he will be a top class player there, just like he was before. The French league is just below his level and his pace is unreal over there. So if it's +preformance I'd fully expect Liverpool to get some preformance money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Houllier may be a lot of things, but he's not stupid.

Cissé will go for whatever the market will pay. Unless he has an astounding World Cup, he will go for about £6million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    In the transfer market i'm afraid thats exactly what Ged is.

the only way we'll get 16 million for him is if the italians bring back the lira

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Evidence to the contrary - Can't believe we still own Bruno! (and 4.5 mil :o)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

p.pete wrote:
    I hear he's the next Bob Dylan!

:p

My point, however, was that he's not going to pay above and beyond the market value.

Yes, he made his fair share of crap signings, but all managers are guilty of that to some extent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

p.pete wrote:

Ahh the new Zidane, I forgot about him

What about the other new Zidane Le Tallac, great signings!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement