Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Big Nelly wrote:

What about the other new Zidane Le Tallac, great signings!

Zinedine Le Tallec wants to go to PSG

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/5029454.stm
    Liverpool striker Anthony Le Tallec has pleaded with Paris St Germain to end his Anfield nightmare.

Le Tallec has failed to make an impact at Liverpool, starting only 13 games since joining from Le Havre four seasons ago.

The 21-year-old has spent much of the last two seasons on loan at St Etienne and Sunderland.

He told L'Equipe: "I want to be transferred, change air, and PSG has always been the club of my heart."

Le Tallec has become increasingly frustrated at being loaned out and added: "I am fed up going everywhere.

"When you are loaned out without a view for a permanent move you know you won't be there anymore the following year.

"That's a weird feeling. I want to commit myself to a club that is ready to trust me for two or three years.

"If PSG make a good offer I will go but, for now, they are not the hottest opportunity.

"I want a good sporting challenge. If I don't find it I can stay with Liverpool where I have three years left on my contract."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I hear he's the next Bob Dylan!

:p

My point, however, was that he's not going to pay above and beyond the market value.

Yes, he made his fair share of crap signings, but all managers are guilty of that to some extent.
    Lol at the Bob Dylan comment :)

I always felt he was paying too much when buying from the French market. Maybe he was happy to send the money back home and figured the Liverpool economy could handle it. Maybe he was paying the market value and because of his desperation to buy French he was chasing players not actually on the market - thus it was always going to be inflated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uAxlff7Ubo&search=cheyrou

5th in this line up of goals, shows some good skill, still never going to make it in the prem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Shred

That's not Bruno, it's his brother Benoit:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=12709&cc=5739

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Bruno is twenty feckin' eight? What the hell... get out already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Liverpool are to launch a £9.5m bid for Charlton striker Darren Bent. (The Sun)

I reckon something will happen between now nad next Friday

8 days Rafa

Oh and -

Liverpool keeper Chris Kirkland has agreed a season-long loan deal with Wigan Athletic. (Daily Mail)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

today's the day the we place a new work permit bid for gonzalez too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Is this good news - probably

from SSN
    Lyon chairman Jean-Michel Aulas is delighted that Liverpool striker Djibril Cisse is keen on a move to the French champions.

Newspaper reports in France claim Lyon will open talks with Liverpool in the near future about the possible transfer of the striker, who has failed to win a regular starting place under Rafa Benitez.

"When a player wants to come to Lyon, we love the fact that he declares it," Aulas told Le Progres.

Cisse has again reiterated his desire to play his football in France and would relish the opportunity to play under Lyon coach Gerard Houllier

You just know he'll pull a Forlan if/when he goes back to France.

oh and fingers crossed for Gonzalez:o

"When a player wants to come to Lyon, we love the fact that he declares it," Aulas told Le Progres.
    That doesn't sound good to me - it means "we've got the upperhand, the player ain't happy and a bidding war will be less likely".

I'd be happy with anything over 6mil - I know we paid more then double, but more fool us. That deal should have been cancelled before it went through, GH being generous to France again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I don't know who Lyon's general manager is, but he is undoubtably the best transfer person in the world. He buys players cheap and sells them for way over their price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

zabbo wrote:
    Liverpool are to launch a £9.5m bid for Charlton striker Darren Bent. (The Sun)
    Rip off of the season if that goes through.:eek:

eirebhoy wrote:
    I'd say its to put some pressure on another potential signing who may be stalling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

Source - The Sun

so it probably couldnt be further from teh truth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

eirebhoy wrote:

Naah wouldn't even be close. Andy Johnson for 8.5m??, a 30 year old Shevchenko for 31m??, 5.5m for Huth??

Sounds like deal of the century compared to those.

He's quick, he's a good finisher, he can play up on his own, or as a pair, and he's young. Ok he's far from the finished article, but he's better than what we have, and if he could learn a few tricks from Fowler could turn into a pretty good buy.

Feck it buy both - we really need to improve our strike force
    We need 2 15 - 20 goals a season strikers if we are to catch the Chelski.

Seriously though Chelski have Sheva, Arsenal Henry and United Rooney(wont count Van Nist as he seems certain to be gone). If we want any chance of winning the league we need strikers who can score. Fowler will pitch in a few but will become nothin more than a super-sub. Peter "The Greatest" Crouch is no where near prolific enough - but then again he is a target man/provider.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I didn't realise Bent's age but you'd be buying potential. atm I don't think he's not Champions league class.

One thing's for certain, the market is back in full swing. Now is the time to get selling to premiership clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

:rolleyes: Did anybody watch ITV news last night and it seems The Crouch has hit the UK in a big craze. His robot style antics are now being tought in dance classes over there.

Seems like he's good for something:rolleyes:

what an embarassment. i seen it on the beckhams party thingy. it was the first news story on the news last nite. lord help us

T&#225 wrote: »
    what an embarassment. i seen it on the beckhams party thingy. it was the first news story on the news last nite. lord help us
    On Irish News?

according to koptalk:
    Liverpool have valued Djibril Cisse at £8million following strong interest from Marseille.

The flamboyant hitman will be on his way soon providing the Reds can negotiate a decent fee for him.

Lyon and Newcastle have also been linked but only Marseille have actually made contact with the Reds.

£8M?? I'd jump at it. I'd bite their hands off.

• Advertisement

Swop for Ribery for the love of God

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If we got 8 Mill then all I gots to say is Sweet!!!

LOL, starting to see rumours of a Gerrard exit :)
    AC are going to use funds from Sheva to make an offer later in the Summer.

Least there's no Milan players in the England squad to start tapping him up.

<edit>
    btw, source was classy journals such as tribalfootball etc.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

AN ARTICLE I READ ON THE NET, DON’T KNOW HOW TRUE THIS IS BUT IS ANY OF IT IS HALF TRUE THEN WE ARE ALL IN FOR A BIG TREAT THIS SEASON AT LFC

Hello, my name is Mark, come from the Netherlands and I’ve got some exciting news for you regarding Liverpool FC. My girlfriend is from Spain and every day she buys the Spanish newspapers “Marca” and “AS” to be kept informed what’s going on in her country. Marca and AS have a sport section and the last 2 weeks they always mention some news about Liverpool FC. Firstly: The investment has been guaranteed. It will be a takeover!!!! Secondly: Benitez will buy the players he wants and when he has his players than Liverpool will announce the new investment deal. Expect something to be announced around July/August. The reason for this is because when other clubs in Europe know that Liverpool has money they will ask silly transfer sums for the players Benitez wants. That’s the strategy Liverpool will follow so Benitez has not too pay silly money for players he wants. THAT´S ALSO THE REASON WHY IT IS SO QUIET AT LIVERPOOL FC REGARDING THE INVESTMENT AND PLAYERS PURCHASE.

Players that will join Liverpool definitely according to “Marca” and “AS” are:
    Torres: £20-£25 million
    Aimar: £10 million
    Joaquin: £17 million
    Kuyt: £13 million.
    Alves: £8 million

All these transfers will be announced after the World cup. Moriëntes, Cisse, Traore, Kirkland, Kewell and Dudek will be sold for a combined fee of £20 million.

If all those players join liverpool I'll photograph my scrotum and post it in know your nerds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I don't understand why liverpool fans would quote the sun.. (a few posts back)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

We have 40mil squid to spend! Awesome.

......but seriously, if we could get one of Torres or Jaoquin or Kuyt, id be happy with that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    If all those players join liverpool I'll photograph my scrotum and post it in know your nerds.

If it is true we will all hold you to that!!

By god ifs its true then we are all in for a very big treat!!!

sharkman wrote:
    Players that will join Liverpool definitely according to “Marca” and “AS” are:
    Torres: £20-£25 million
    Aimar: £10 million
    Joaquin: £17 million
    Kuyt: £13 million.
    Alves: £8 million

All these transfers will be announced after the World cup. Moriëntes, Cisse, Traore, Kirkland, Kewell and Dudek will be sold for a combined fee of £20 million.

Man that would be an awesome summer of transfers. But I'll have to believe it when I see them sign. Too many players have been linked in the past with nothin happening(see Figo). Same with investment, but I suppose now would be a great time to sell the club for Moores with Liverpool on the up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

So um... she's just quoting from the AS & Marca gossip columns? Woah.

• Advertisement

eyerer wrote:
    I don't understand why liverpool fans would quote the sun.. (a few posts back)
    This is a rumours thread, and i quoted from the bbc website - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/5035826.stm

Which does a daily roundup of rumours :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

This may sound a bit Heretic but is Torres that good? Ive watched him a lot
    on Sky Sports and yes he is fast, nice skill but he appears to me to be one
    of those dreaded confidence players. One week he's class, the next he could
    miss a string of sitters.
    There seems to be a lot of excitment about a possible bid, am I missing
    something when he's rated as £20mil+ ?

sharkman wrote:
    THAT´S ALSO THE REASON WHY IT IS SO QUIET AT LIVERPOOL FC REGARDING THE INVESTMENT AND PLAYERS PURCHASE.

i thought it was quiet coz rafa and rick are on holidays...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

Somebody has been on footballrumours.com.

I dont think for a second that torres will join liverpool. He is not worth 15-20 million that is been quated for him.

Alves would be a good signing but barcelona and madrid seemed to be involved now.

Even though Kuyt has scord buckle loads of goals in holland. For every van Nistlerooy there is a marco boogers. The standard in holland is championship level at least.Only the top 5 clubs would make the top 10 in the premiership.

Rafa will surprise as usual like he did last summer with momo and looked how he turned out.

The most important signing liverpool have to make is who to replace paco herrera. He is leaving in the summer to go home and word has it that espanol have offered him the title of director of football.

sharkman wrote:
    Hello, my name is Mark, come from the Netherlands and I’ve got some exciting news for you regarding Liverpool FC. My girlfriend is from Spain and every day she buys the Spanish newspapers “Marca” and “AS” to be kept informed what’s going on in her country.

Sorry but there's 1001 of these sort of things every summer and they all turn out to be rubbish. This one is even weaker than normal. Normally they quote a friend who knows a groundsman, or a youth team coach, or one of the not very well known coaches etc... ie not well known newspapers that sell a couple of million copies a day.

Firstly if they did say we'd sign those players we'd have heard of it before now. There are quotations from AS and Marca on here already, and we'd definetly have heard if the investment/takeover had been announced. Secondly its not Rafa's style to spend the type of money quoted (70m).
    And thirdly, its all a bunch of a*se.

Next rumour please...

Stky10 wrote:
    Next rumour please...

I decyphered this from the paper that my dog's, gf's, mother ate last week and spat back up this morning!!

Rumour has it that Rafa is playing up front with GOD next season!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

RE*AC*TOR wrote:

If three of them join will you photo one testicle...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

pope rafa and god....

T&#225 wrote: »
    pope rafa and god....

And we may just get a new keeper!! His name is:

Wall

Brick Wall!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Liverpool told to offer £12.3million for target

Sevilla are demanding that Liverpool pay as much as £12.3million for Daniel Alves.

It is claimed that Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry has agreed a £8.2million fee in principle for the player but Sevilla president Jose Maria Del Nido is now trying to stack additional trigger clauses onto the deal that could mean the fee rises as high as £12.3million.

Liverpool FC NewsThe player's agent Jose Rodriguez Baster believes Sevilla are just trying to block the move by demanding an unrealistic package.

He said: "Del Nido has established a very high price for a right-back but I understand why because the club does not need to sell.

"I do not remember so much ever having been paid for a full-back. Abramovich offered 12m euros for Paulo Ferreira but we all know that Chelsea is in another world.

"He (Alves) has always said that he is happy with the club and the city where he is, but at the same time like any worker he is interested in improving."
    About 5mil quid too much methinks.

And Royal approval for Liverpool striker :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

rafa upfront would be an improvement, he's already repeatedly shown that he has a better first touch than cisse :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think spending the Cisse money and no more would be about right for Alves.

Mike.

French giants Marseille and Lyon are battling to land Liverpool striker Djibril Cisse. (Star)

Liverpool have been alerted to the availability of Argentina forward Pablo Aimar, who may be allowed to leave Valencia for as little as £5m. (The Times)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2006/0601/cissed.html

Rte reporting that Monaco are sniffing around our Titanic left back and Djimi could be available " for as a little as " £2million. Surely a Kings randsom considering!

10mil for Cisse and Traore - that'd be a huge giveaway :s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

I'd like to see Cisse going to Lyon. I said in this thread a while ago that I wouldn't be surprised if Houllier took him back to France.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51041669&postcount=2497

I feel that Cisse has been unduly criticised during his time at Liverpool. Granted, he hasn't scored enough goals to merit his price and his offside stats are horrific but people seemingly look forward to taking the piss out of him.
    eyerer wrote:
    rafa upfront would be an improvement, he's already repeatedly shown that he has a better first touch than cisse

I think that because we've grown up watching English football, we don't appreciate how unique it is as a top league. Most foreign players need at least a season or two to hit their peak in England and that's without having to deal with a potentially career-ending injury and being played out of position by a manager who didn't want you in the first place.

ullu wrote:
    I think that because we've grown up watching English football, we don't appreciate how unique it is as a top league. Most foreign players need at least a season or two to hit their peak in England and that's without having to deal with a potentially career-ending injury and being played out of position by a manager who didn't want you in the first place.

There's an element of truth in that, but the summer he arrived, Rafa spoke about how his scouts at Valencia had identified Cisse and highly recommended him. 14m was a huge chunk of the total kitty that summer, so if he hadn't have wanted him he could have stopped it going ahead, or sold him on to someone else that summer. There's no sense on him doing otherwise, not playing a player was always going to mean his sell on value would be reduced.

But it was quickly evident that he wasn't the player he had been hyped to be even before the injury. I remember him being played on the right wing against deportivo in late 2004. Its not that he doesn't have the desire to play for the club, or that his performances lack effort, but they lack the necessary intelligence that I'd imagine can't really be taught, especially to a player of his age. I've also read articles that in some ways I'd agree with that, given a real run in the side and backed to the hilt by a manager that puts him under his wing, he could return to the way he played in France. Its not going to happen though, and he'll always be a fairly limited player that depends on his pace to gain space behind defenders and a powerful (but not very accurate) shot once he gets there.

If we can get 8m for him and let him back to france where he'd be more comfortable then its best for both him and the club

personally i think it deserves a new thread but to keep the mods off my case and to stop pages of un-necessary tit for tat on where it should/shouldn't be...

From The Echo:

Rafa pens new deal Jun 2 2006
    Exclusive By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

RAFA BENITEZ has officially ended any doubts about his Anfield future by penning a new four-year contract.

The Liverpool boss completed the formalities today after agreeing the deal last season.

Benitez immediately set his sights on bringing more silverware to the club, having already led Liverpool to FA Cup and Champions League glory during his first two seasons.

"I'm delighted to have now signed the contract," Benitez told the ECHO today.

"There was never going to be a problem once we reached an agreement last season, and now all the documents have been signed and sent to the club.

"I'm very happy at Liverpool and hope we can enjoy more success in the seasons to come."

Benitez's new deal represents a one-year extension, keeping him on Merseyside to 2010.

More significantly, it ends any remote, lingering hope of managerless Real Madrid luring the Liverpool boss back to the Bernabeu.

Liverpool's chief executive Rick Parrysays he's thrilled Benitez has committed the next four years to helping Liverpool battle for more honours.

"We are absolutely delighted Rafa has put pen to paper on this deal today," Parry said.

"The day we shook hands last season was when we really knew he was committing his future to us and we knew he was a man of his word and he'd sign the contract this summer.

"This contract is not about financial reward, but about Rafa's belief he can take the club even further forward.

"We are sure the club is in safe hands under this manager and we have someone who shares the vision of everyone connected to Liverpool."

Benitez has now returned to Merseyside after a family holiday and will step up the chase for more new recruits this summer.

Liverpool are well ahead of their rivals in their pursuit for Daniel Alves, but may have to be patient in negotiating a realistic fee with Seville.

It's understood the Brazilian midfielder has privately made the decision to join Liverpool this summer.

Does it have a "I will play up front clause"?? :p

Well thats great news for us, now we need to get the signings in early this summer to avoid upset!!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

Stky10 wrote:
    There's an element of truth in that, but the summer he arrived, Rafa spoke about how his scouts at Valencia had identified Cisse and highly recommended him. 14m was a huge chunk of the total kitty that summer, so if he hadn't have wanted him he could have stopped it going ahead, or sold him on to someone else that summer. There's no sense on him doing otherwise, not playing a player was always going to mean his sell on value would be reduced.

But it was quickly evident that he wasn't the player he had been hyped to be even before the injury. I remember him being played on the right wing against deportivo in late 2004. Its not that he doesn't have the desire to play for the club, or that his performances lack effort, but they lack the necessary intelligence that I'd imagine can't really be taught, especially to a player of his age. I've also read articles that in some ways I'd agree with that, given a real run in the side and backed to the hilt by a manager that puts him under his wing, he could return to the way he played in France. Its not going to happen though, and he'll always be a fairly limited player that depends on his pace to gain space behind defenders and a powerful (but not very accurate) shot once he gets there.

If we can get 8m for him and let him back to france where he'd be more comfortable then its best for both him and the club

Given £14m to spend on a striker that summer, I don't think Benitez would have bought Cisse. The contract had already been signed and even if Benitez had wanted to pull out of the deal, I doubt Auxerre would have been willing to let go of their money easily. This is just speculation on my part but perhaps Benitez and the Valencia scouts regarding Cisse highly was just a story to help the player settle. I know that I'd be a bit perturbed if the manager that had bought me and I'd been looking forward to working with had left the club and my new boss was someone who had nothing to do with signing me.

I agree that he should leave as it's the best option for both the player and the club. I'd prefer to see him at Lyon rather than Marseille as they're in the Champions League. I'd enjoy seeing him score a hat-trick in front of the Kop in a sick way!
    It's understood the Brazilian midfielder has privately made the decision to join Liverpool this summer.

Regarding Alves, I know nothing about him other than what I saw in the UEFA cup final. I thought he was a right back? Is he a midfielder in the same way Riise is?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement