Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

el rabitos wrote:
    i dont think riise is good enough to be a first choice left back, and not a first choice left winger either, he's just not good enough in either position, but he's the best utility left sided player any team could have.

the sad thing is, it will take no less than players with the class of aurellio and alves to help the team turn the corner and win the league.

imo, the MINIMUM liverpool can bring in and hope to win the league is

gonzalez
    aurellio
    alves
    1 striker
    1 right winger

thats the bare minimum, next season asenal have a stronger midfield, youngsters that are 1 year more experinced, man u will be there or thereabouts depending on who they sign, and chelsea have bought world class additions.

Alves will apparentlly play right wing and the odd time at full back. Therefore that will take care of the right winger needed. He has agreed personal terms with us but we haven't agreed a fee with his club. Very different valuations apparently..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

considering theres a 5mil difference i was kinda thinking its not gonna happen.
    hope kewell has a good world cup, that could give options.
    also, i still cant see juve getting relegated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

rondeco wrote:
    Alves will apparentlly play right wing and the odd time at full back. Therefore that will take care of the right winger needed. He has agreed personal terms with us but we haven't agreed a fee with his club. Very different valuations apparently..

I believe the Liverpool echo reported that a fee was agreed but Seville have tacked on a few clauses ie More money Interntional apps, that could see his value rise a good bit over the next few years. Seems like a small point tbh, there will be a bit of Negotiating but we should get him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

DaBreno wrote:
    I believe the Liverpool echo reported that a fee was agreed but Seville have tacked on a few clauses ie More money Interntional apps, that could see his value rise a good bit over the next few years. Seems like a small point tbh, there will be a bit of Negotiating but we should get him.

Its going to be very difficult as Milan and Barca are also very interested and Seville are playing silly buggers with the price.

He has decided on joining liverpool but the problem is agreeing the fee with seville. He is rafa's no 1 target for the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

rondeco wrote:
    He has decided on joining liverpool but the problem is agreeing the fee with seville. He is rafa's no 1 target for the summer.

If that is the case he could help us out big time by putting in a transfer request. Once he formally indicates to his current club that he wants to leave it automatically removes a bit of their bargaining ability. Of course it could also encourage other suitors but if his mind is made up then it's made up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

zing wrote:
    Of course it could also encourage other suitors .......
    Barca and Milan - who see him as a replacement for Cafu and they're willing to pay way more than Rafa is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

It has not been released to the media yet. He had a medical on Thursday and has went round the training ground and facilities etc.

Another mindless quote with no indication on source or anything. You just read the press and then come on here and quote it? this move has been in the press for weeks!

• Advertisement

Big Nelly wrote:
    Another mindless quote with no indication on source or anything. You just read the press and then come on here and quote it? this move has been in the press for weeks!

Elisha_scott posted this on ynwa during the week. I imagine this is where he got his info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

Big Nelly wrote:

No point in trying to defend myself. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The Alves deal is looking very likely. We've supposedly had another bid turned down but the Sevilla president has said "We cant keep a player who wants to leave" and supposedly Alves has asked them to accept the offer from Liverpool because he wants to pull on the red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

Where is bannor when you need him.I hope we do get alves.

Any word on gonzelez yet?

Oh and i wouldnt let big nelly get to you,he just like to stir things up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

PiE wrote:

pity i thought he could of made it, shows what i know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

pity i thought he could of made it, shows what i know.

he was a bit too lightweight i reckon

I dont think there'll be word on Gonzalez until pre-season. I think I remember Parry saying it should be all wrapped up then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Sevilla turn down another Liverpool offer. Doesn't look good. The president is saying Alves would like to leave, but that Alves "can't force it".

(from sporting life):

UEFA Cup winners Sevilla claim they have turned down a new offer from Liverpool for defender Daniel Alves.

According to Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido, Liverpool had an offer rejected but came back with a fresh proposal which was also dismissed.

The 23-year-old Brazilian right-back has spent four years with the Spanish club who are reluctant to let Alves leave.

"We are already talking big money but Sevilla don't want to lose the player," said Del Nido.

"What happens when a player wants a change of scenery is that he can't force it.

"Daniel has let the sporting director know that the offer from Liverpool is the most important. But he has not put pressure on us and we don't have a highly-strung relationship with him."

Alves confirms he wants Liverpool move to happen:
    Liverpool cleared to sign Alves
    Daniel Alves
    Alves has been a long-term target of Liverpool's Rafael Benitez
    Sevilla have reluctantly agreed to sell defender Daniel Alves to Liverpool, but say the Reds have yet to match their asking price, believed to be £8m.

The 23-year-old has long been a target for Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez.

Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido said: "We're already talking big money but Sevilla don't want to lose Daniel.

"He has let us know the offer from Liverpool is the most important. But he has not put pressure on us and we don't have a harsh relationship with him."

Brazilian Alves has been at Sevilla for four years now and impressed during their Uefa Cup success in 2006, most notably in the 4-0 demolition of Middlesbrough in the final.

Liverpool are thought to have already made a £7m bid for the player, which was deemed too low by his current employers.

Del Nido added: "Liverpool have not yet made us an offer which is acceptable. Until they meet our asking price, there's no deal."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

£8M is a lot for a defender. Having said that I'd say Rafa sees him playing on the right wing.

We should cough up the money, for a player of proven class - the type of player we DO want at liverpool.

Would I be right in saying he'd be the first Brazilian to play for Liverpool?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

You most certianly would be right. There has never been a brazilian wear the red.

Still in there for Alves according to Chris Bascombe's latest update which is good to see.

Same article says Didi to have his medical for Bolton today and complete move within 24hours which is sad to see (but prob for the best for all concerned)

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    £8M is a lot for a defender. Having said that I'd say Rafa sees him playing on the right wing.

We should cough up the money, for a player of proven class - the type of player we DO want at liverpool.

Would I be right in saying he'd be the first Brazilian to play for Liverpool?
    He's not a defender. He's a winger, its just for this season he was asked to fill in at RB because Jesus Navas was playing brilliant on the wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Slurms wrote:
    He's not a defender. He's a winger, its just for this season he was asked to fill in at RB because Jesus Navas was playing brilliant on the wing.

That doesnt really instill confidence. A player we are buying, who is suppose to be $hit hot(have only seen him play once so cant comment), could only get a game at right full cos there was a better player than him in his position - yet we are gettin him for the position that he couldn't get his game for at Sevilla.

More positivie vibes from the Alves camp:

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?HLID=395017&CPID=23&title=Alves+has+eyes+only+for+Reds&lid=&channel=Premiership&f=rss&clid=179

Good to see them starting to talk up the move - it puts some pressure on Sevilla

yom 1 wrote:
    That doesnt really instill confidence. A player we are buying, who is suppose to be $hit hot(have only seen him play once so cant comment), could only get a game at right full cos there was a better player than him in his position - yet we are gettin him for the position that he couldn't get his game for at Sevilla.
    Well, they didnt have good cover at full back. If you've seen him play then you know he aint no full back anyways! He's always looking to attack and has a great cross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

zing wrote:
    More positivie vibes from the Alves camp:

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?HLID=395017&CPID=23&title=Alves+has+eyes+only+for+Reds&lid=&channel=Premiership&f=rss&clid=179

Good to see them starting to talk up the move - it puts some pressure on Sevilla

and more un-positive vibes from the sevilla camp (source - the echo)
    UEFA Cup winners Sevilla claim they have turned down a new offer from Liverpool for defender Daniel Alves.

According to Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido, Liverpool had an offer rejected but came back with a fresh proposal which was also dismissed.

The 23-year-old Brazilian right-back has spent four years with the Spanish club who are reluctant to let Alves leave.

"We are already talking big money but Sevilla don't want to lose the player," said Del Nido.

"What happens when a player wants a change of scenery is that he can't force it.

"Daniel has let the sporting director know that the offer from Liverpool is the most important. But he has not put pressure on us and we don't have a highly strung relationship with him."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

we dont need a right sided riise. we need a star winger.
    most importently... WE NEED A STRIKER
    kuyt or defoe would do i reckon. defoe might not be as expensive cos he isnt in the world cup.

Jazzy wrote:
    defoe would do i reckon. defoe might not be as expensive cos he isnt in the world cup.

yeah and there is a reason he is not there*

*the manager is a fool and decided to pick someone who played a handful of games + someone who played no games, in the premiership this season, ahead of him.

from Koptalk
    Reports originating from Germany claim that Liverpool midfielder Didi Hamann has agreed to sign for Bolton Wanderers.

The former German international is reluctant to leave Anfield but manager Rafael Benitez has told him that opportunities next season would be limited.

• Advertisement

T&#225 wrote: »
    from Koptalk
    I havw to say, in my opinion, Koptalk is absolute drivel!
    Though admittedly they do get some things right.
    It'll be sad to see Didi go, he was a hero for us.

Cisse to Marseille on 1 year loan with option to buy ?

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=fr_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lequipe.fr%2FFootball%2F20060616_080957Dev.html

Good move on Rafa's part if it's true - frees up a few quid off the wages bill

zing wrote:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=fr_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lequipe.fr%2FFootball%2F20060616_080957Dev.html

That would be excellent. If he recovers well and starts banging in the goals in France again then we could stand to get back 10 million or so. Hopeful thinking on my part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Well I really hope the Alves deal goes through. I'm just not sure what's gonna happen up front.

Kuyt and Bent have been mentioned - its certainly a barren position at the moment - Mori and Cisse now gone. At the moment we are looking at Crouch / Fowler. While they both have their merits, they will not be adequate on their own. If Alves and Gonzalez come in, there will be more of a chance for Kewell / Garcia to play more forward roles. However, we really need one top striker to come in.

Anyone know anything about Kromkamp, I heard rumours he might be buggerring off quite quickly? Would be a shame - cause he looked very promising.

Defence is mostly covered at this stage, left back being the only spot missing a bit of in depth cover.

Midfield is bursting with quality, if Alves and Gonzalez come in, we'll have trouble holding on to all our midfielders.

Alonso, Gerrard, Sissoko, Zenden, Kewell, Garcia, Gonzalez, Alves. There's two quality midfield 4s there.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Defence is mostly covered at this stage, left back being the only spot missing a bit of in depth cover
    If the Aurelio deal goes through, we'll be more than ok at left back too.

Before Cisse got himself injured I was only really concerned with the wingers, but now a proven striker should be the main priority.

bellamys 6 million buy out clause runs out at the start of july, he'd bring some goals, but might be too much of a pain in the ass to have around.

i wouldnt want him anywhere near a liverpool jersey, but desperate times call for desperate measures and all that

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=395614&CPID=23&clid=14&lid=&title=Reds+reject+Aimar+chance

sky sports saying pool turned down the chance to sign aimar : /

from the echo...
    LIVERPOOL target Craig Bellamy will discover if his dream move to Anfield will go ahead within the next two weeks.

The Blackburn striker has a £6m get-out clause in his contract, but that expires at the end of this month.

If Liverpool don't activate the clause within the next fortnight, they'll be unable to secure the Welshman's services for the same cut-price fee.

Bellamy has emerged as the most likely striking target for manager Rafa Benitez due to the postponement of Djibril Cisse's £8m transfer.

Had Cisse been sold, Benitez was ready to use the funds for a swoop for Charlton's Darren Bent.

However, the Spanish boss recognises Bellamy would represent top value for £6m, although there are still significant discussions ongoing at Anfield to determine the pros and cons of a Bellamy bid.

The fiery Welshman certainly possesses all the attributes Liverpool are seeking, but the meticulous Benitez wants to be sure the player's off-field reputation has been exaggerated.

The clock is ticking though, and now Benitez is considering whether to test the validity of the £6m get-out clause claims which have been widely reported by making a formal bid.

Liverpool will be helped by the fact Bellamy is desperate to join the Reds and has even indicated to friends he'd take a pay-cut to move to Merseyside.

If Liverpool make a move, it's understood Bellamy would demand his sale.

Spurs are also chasing the pacy frontman, while Rovers are desperate to keep him and have offered new terms which remove the £6m clause.

What's clear is if Bellamy doesn't sign for Liverpool before the end of this month, his chances of doing so will be over.

Part of his attraction is the bargain he'd seemingly represent, butif adeal isn't done soon Benitez will turn his attention back to other striking targets.

While a Bellamy deal remains under consideration, Liverpool remain encouraged by developments in their pursuit of Daniel Alves.

Seville are now resigned to losing their Brazilian and have targeted Arsenal's Lauren as a re placement.

Liverpool hope to confirm Gary Ablett as the new reserve team boss shortly. However, his switch across Stanley Park has been delayed because Everton are claiming compensation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Does Bellamy score many goals though? He has a great eye for the long-range strike but he ain't a fox in the box.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

i know theres no substace to this but liverpool should really be looking at saviola.
    be shocked if he cost more than bellamy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Can they afford to take a chance on a South American with all the problems they've had up front?

i know theres no substace to this but liverpool should really be looking at saviola.
    be shocked if he cost more than bellamy.

saviola is the most notorious whinger in world football, theres a reason why barca want no part of him, they'd send him to mongolia on loan if he's top scorer in the world cup or not.

i think banner said he was offered to pool last year anyway, and swiftly turned down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

mike65 wrote:
    Does Bellamy score many goals though? He has a great eye for the long-range strike but he ain't a fox in the box.

Mike.

A fox in the box like Franny Jeffers? :)

He scored 19 goals in 29 starts and 6 sub appearances for Rovers this season (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=8952&cc=5739). That's a better rate than one goal in every two games. He also created plenty of goals - MGP's against Arsenal being the perfect example.

I wasn't sure about his goalscoring rate when he came to Blackburn, as were many fans, but he was a tremendous goalscorer this year. Just look at his goals against Middlesborough and Portsmouth towards the end of the season.

Soccernet voted him their buy of the season and he'd be a snip for 6 million. That said, I'm hoping to god Liverpool, or any team, don't get near him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Before he joined Celtic I thought he had a poor goals/games ratio but he seems a different player now.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Lemlin wrote:
    A fox in the box like Franny Jeffers? :)
    Even mentioning that name makes me seethe :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

zing wrote:

I see he's going to St. Raphael to recover. I'll be there in a couple of weeks, I'll let you know if I bump into him :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I would really like the pool to pick him up. I feel Rafa would get the very best out of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

rafa has got us this far.Im sure whoever he picks up will do the business.

Nobody knew about sissoko untill he signed for liverpool instead of everton in the last minute. In rafa we thrust.

My peferences would be
    alves - Hope the rumours that he wants to join liverpool and the only sticking block is the fee is true.
    Bellamy would be an interesting signing. Alot of pace and power.

Anyone else would be a bonus condering we already have 3 south americans in the bag already.

Bellamy would be a good signing for us. A small fast winger playing with yon Tall target man. Isnt Rafas favourite word "possibilites"?
    Saviola and Aimar: Too small and light for the Premiership IMO. Aimar in particular is a joy to watch in La Liga but refs afford a lot of protection to players there. It would be far more physical in England. Take Vladi Smicer for example - almost all of his good games for us came in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

galwaydude wrote:
    Nobody knew about sissoko untill he signed for liverpool instead of everton in the last minute. In rafa we thrust.

Seriously bad typo there....

Really happy about the Cisse loan deal, hopefully they will use the option to buy and we will be rid of him once and for all. All the best with his recovery though ... terrible injury.

galwaydude wrote:
    In rafa we thrust.

:eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement