Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anyone listening to fivelive?

Talk of Trezeguet or Ibrahimovic joining, Rafa has his eye on some Serie A bargins.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

They won't be bargins. They'll just be availible.
    If Ibrahimovic becomes availible, there will be a lot of teams interested in him, which will determine the transfer price.

The Italian situation just changes it so that every player at the club has requested to leave and the club is letting them, that effects price, but only to bring it down from astronomical levels to normal levels.

Ibrahimovic would cost about 15-20 million, instead of the 25-35 he'd cost if you tried to buy him off Juve last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

TBH i wouldnt like to have Ibrahamovic nor Trezugeut, both are way overated and both have serious attitude problems....

Can't say I'd be thrilled either, sign Le Sulk! ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Kirkland will sign for wigan tomorrow. Initially on loan and then permanent in january.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Shame about Kirkland, injuries meant he never really got a chance. Here's hoping he's put them behind him now anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

said it before and I will say it again.

Liverpool should take the lads from Italy on loan.

Emmo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

TBH I wouldnt like to have Ibrahamovic nor Trezugeut, both are way overated and both have serious attitude problems....

I completely agree with that and would rather see Rafa spend that money(if he has it) on someone like Darren Bent and also making sure he ties up a deal for Alves than taking either of those. I dont think I'd even take Trezeguet in a swap deal for Djimi. There are far better strikers out there than both of those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Whatever about Trezeguet, I'd be keen on Ibrahimovich if he could be brought in cheaply. I know he's has a poor season, but he has undeniable talent.

What about Camoranesi for the right-side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Not too gone on camoranesi myself, he's got good dribbling skills but seems to also suffer an attitude problem and often doesn't put in the effort. Plus he's a bit of a ponce!
    How about Mutu? He's great in pro evo! Think he can play on the right too plus he'd probably play well against the Chelski :D

Shouldn't sell Djimi either, if anything that boy needs a raise!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Mutu's gone to Fiorentina

Yeah but they're likely to be relegated too.

why would they sign him on the eve of the verdict though?

Yeah is suppose they feel they'll get a softer punishment and won't have to sell any players. Pity, he's a player i rate quite highly.

Yeah I think the general consensus is that they're "innocent victims", could possibly be a propaganda stunt, they don't believe they're guilty so why stop any transfer activity? Altough it would be hilarious if they were to be relegated, Mutu's Fiore career lasting all of a few days! Hehe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Not too gone on camoranesi myself, he's got good dribbling skills but seems to also suffer an attitude problem and often doesn't put in the effort. Plus he's a bit of a ponce!
    I wouldn't want him in my team after seeing the way he behaived after his sending off against Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

He's a bit spicey alright, but he is a world cup winner ;)

He's a bit of a thug though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Although it would be hilarious if they were to be relegated, Mutu's Fiore career lasting all of a few days! Hehe!

I think he'd be stuck with them - I don't think fifa allow players to change registration twice in the same transfer window...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I saw in one of the papers today that Cisse will be gone tomorrow on his loan deal!!

• Advertisement

I wish him the best of luck and a speedy recovery if he does move. He will do really well for Marseille.

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Emmo wrote:
    I wish him the best of luck and a speedy recovery if he does move. He will do really well for Marseille.

He should do. The French league is weak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

a bit like his bones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N152871060711-1337.htm

Best of luck Didi - you've served us well..

(would have preferred to see you go to City though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

What the..?! I thought he was going to Man City? Allardyce was only saying the other day how disappointed he was not to capture Hamann!

(Right move for him too.)

jeez don't believe the media. maybe did changed his mind at the last minute but all reports today had big sam saying he was disaponited!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

what a Hero. All the best Didi, thanks for everything Lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

He was the master of the 6 yard ball and rarely lost posession of it. He also was Gerard Houiller best sign for the club.

He'll be missed ( but not too much I hope!)

Best of luck Didi.

Do us a favour and kick the ****e out of Chelsea for us next season.

Emmo

future managerial hero

from the BBC
    Bolton Wanderers have confirmed that they will not be signing former Liverpool midfielder Dietmar Hamann.
    Liverpool confirmed on their website on Tuesday that Hamann, 32, left the club to sign for Sam Allardyce's side.

But in a statement on their website, Bolton said: "Although Didi Hamann signed a contract with the club, he has since had a change of heart.

Manchester City have been linked with the player, and Bolton added: "He will sign for another club within 24 hours."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

What! he signed a contract and isn't going? I hope he's happy whichever choice he makes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

p.pete wrote:
    What! he signed a contract and isn't going? I hope he's happy whichever choice he makes.

Could get interesting - isn't there FIFA rules about not being able to move twice in a transfer window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

p.pete wrote:

It is starting to sound like the David Unsworth incident!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

hamann you will be missed and you will always be a legend at liverpool. The unoffical word is that ivan campo signed a new contract as well so he might not get as much playing time at bolton i suspect.

Also best of luck to ciise as he joined marseille on loan for the rest of the season.

Are the rumours about david villa true. He may be the next signing. Please let that be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Danke Schoen Dietmar!

Au Revoir, or should that be until we dont see each other again, to Djibril.

No surprise:
    http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1817549,00.html
    "Meanwhile, Djibril Cissé is expected to sign a year's loan at Marseille tomorrow after agreement was reached yesterday with Liverpool."

redspider

TheMonster wrote:
    Could get interesting - isn't there FIFA rules about not being able to move twice in a transfer window

I suspect such rules only come into play if the details are sent through to the FA and the transfer becomes official. If a contract is signed but not rubber stamped by the FA then it should simply be a legal agreement between player and club which could be terminated by either party as per the terms set out in that contract.

At least thats how I understand it...

The rule is that you cannot change registration more than once in 12 months.

That means your registration within UEFA / FIFA not internally in a countrie's football association.

For instance

Didi could move from Liverpool to Bolton to City within 12 months if he wanted.

Didi count not go Liverpool to Spain and then to Germay within 12 months.

In anyway in this case I dont think Bolton had registered Didi as a player with Bolton as Liverpool just released his registration yesterday.

Emmo

Completed his move to MCFC now according to MCFC themselves

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pageid=115&pagegid={DBD12D53-8346-431D-A04F-5D0F8664DE80}&newsid=343668&siteid=&pageno=&newscategory=1051&frommonth=5&fromyear=2006&tomonth=7&toyear=2006

Half expecting another twist in this move - maybe LFC will deny that he's leaving..

And Cisse loan to Marseille confirmed..
    http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=402588&CPID=8&clid=14&lid=2&title=Cisse+makes+Marseille+move

Wonder who else is next to go - Diao has to be a front runner if we can find anyone to take him. Otherwise just cut our losses on him and release him on a free

I missed this:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N152876060712-1106.htm

Rafa Benitez today officially unveiled South American stars Fabio Aurelio and Gabriel Paletta as Liverpool players at Melwood.

How much did they cost?

FABIO AURELIO
    Position: Defender
    Date of Birth: 24/09/1979
    Height:
    Weight:
    1st team games: 0
    1st team goals: 0
    International caps:
    International goals: 0
    Former clubs: Sao Paulo, Valencia

GABRIEL PALETTA
    Date of Birth: 15/02/1986
    Height:
    Weight:
    International caps:
    Former clubs: Banfield
    Birth Place: Argentina

redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

redspider wrote:
    I missed this:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N152876060712-1106.htm

Rafa Benitez today officially unveiled South American stars Fabio Aurelio and Gabriel Paletta as Liverpool players at Melwood.

How much did they cost?

FABIO AURELIO
    Date of Birth: 24/09/1979
    Height:
    Weight:
    International caps:
    Former clubs: Sao Paulo, Valencia

GABRIEL PALETTA
    Date of Birth: 15/02/1986
    Height:
    Weight:
    International caps:
    Former clubs: Banfield
    Birth Place: Argentina

redspider

Wasn't it a free transfer and 4 million for Paletta.

• Advertisement

Aerelio was on a free, not sure about Paletta

Auriello was free from Valencia but might have been as much as £30,000 a week in wages.

Paletta was £2,000,000 from Banfield

Emmo

Wasn't it a free transfer and 4 million for Paletta.
    Aerelio was on a free, not sure about Paletta
    Auriello was free from Valencia but might have been as much as £30,000 a week in wages.Paletta was £2,000,000 from Banfield

Thanks guys.

30k a week (1.5m pa) for a 'failed' 27 year old is a risky enough venture. Let's hope Rafa has surprised us all with an Alonso-like signing. We can wish.

The other chap shows more potential. Banfield were/are in the Copa Liberatordes (sp?) so are a top side. He is only 20 so there is developmental hope and possibilities.

But overall, these are just 'chance' signings that may or may not come off. I think Liverpool have enough players of that ilk already. Also, they are defenders. Dont we need more up-front with Cisse and Morientes gone? Also, how about central midfield now that Hamann has 'retired'?

The best bit of business so far this signing season seems to be the Bellamy one. Lets hope he can maintain his energies and efforts focussed on the pitch and creating and finishing goals.

Redspider

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

redspider wrote:
    30k a week (1.5m pa) for a 'failed' 27 year old is a risky enough venture.

How is he 'failed'??

He was a regular in rafa's la liga winning valencia. Rafa also reckons he is a better passer of the ball than Alonso.

Centre of midfield is covered with rafa saying that we have Stevie, Alonso Momo & Bolo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Fabio has always impressed me whenever I've watched him play. Serious competition for left back now, and wouldn't be surpised to see him hold down the LB birth next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Can't see him being firstchoice LB at first. Riise played too well in that position last season to be dropped. Interestingly, i read somewhere that last season of all the back 4 defenders, it was Riise who made the least mistakes (per game) that led to a goal conceded.

Is Aurelio injury-prone? 88 appearances for Valencia 00-06 is a bit low isn't it. And 33Kpw is an alarmingly large figure if he is injury-prone.

He scored 11 goals in those 88 games.

He missed about 16 months with a broken leg.

He is not some failed left back, he is a superb player. Great engine, great passer, smart, good eye for goal, dead ball expert and I think he will be a mainstay in the team this season.

Paletta is a great signing, £2 Mill for someone so gifted is great. He is compared to Ayala by everyone including Rafa!

My team with the players we have so far would be this

.................Reina

Finnan Hyppia Carra Auriello

Gerrard Alonso Momo Gonzalez

............Bellamy Crouch

Dudek
    Agger
    Riise
    Kewell
    Fowler

Emmo

Emmo wrote:
    .................Reina

Finnan Hyppia Carra Auriello

Gerrard Alonso Momo Gonzalez

............Bellamy Crouch

Dudek
    Agger
    Riise
    Kewell
    Fowler

Emmo

who's emmo? ;)

but i fully agree with ya. i would like to see agger being blooded more this season and build up his relationship with Carra so maybe they can both beautifully master the offside trap like sami and carra

Lol, seems every year Riise has to fight for his place at the start of the season. He always wins out in the end :)

• Advertisement

Also, how about central midfield now that Hamann has 'retired'?

I guess Zenden is the most likely candidate for back-up.

I'm quite happy with the summer as it happens the buys are clever rather than spectacular, no doubt there will be some movement regarding the right side and striker though I'm not convinced Liverpool really need either that much (assuming FSP is given a serious chance).

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement