Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

i never heard that he was a target.... with tomorrow the 1st of july, any developments in the big 3 we're after?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Yea i'm kinda suprised to that we haven't had alook at Boa Morte he could add a bit of quality down the left and is also an option up front.

The price going around is not to bad.

Whats the deal with milito is this dead in the water or are we still in for him?
    It's very quite all of a suden

any word on aimar? scored a cracker last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

VinnyL wrote:
    any word on aimar? scored a cracker last night!
    Aimar is the one I would like to see coming to us more than any other rumoured player. I think he would be lethal for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

I dont think Aimar will be available for Liverpool. It was a good goal last night, a brave header and he clearly has skill. It was a great match by Brazil and Argentina, btw. 4-1.

The news is quiet today, I guess due to negotiations going on which must be in full swing over the next few days including the weekend. The clam before the storm perhaps.

Zenden will likely get an offer from Liverpool, and will probably accept it unless he gets a better one! I dont think he will add to the 1st team though.

Mellor may be sold to Crewe. Although I think we should hold on to him.

Gerrard and Carragher are negotiating new contracts.

Stelios Giannakopolous is also getting an offer from Liverpool. I think he may be better than Zenden and is a grafter.

Arteta wont be offered a contract from Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

I'd expect all our signings to be unveiled together at some stage within the next week. Liverpool never really give any hint on how negotiations are going (or if they're even taking place) they tend to do their business in private and make announcements when they see fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Shred

More deadwood heading for the exit, hopefully it's true :)

From Skysports:

Liverpool midfielder Salif Diao is considering leaving Anfield

The Senegal international is keen to be playing regularly after failing to establish himself at Liverpool.

Diao spent the second half of last season on loan at Birmingham, but his stay at St Andrews was interrupted by a series of injuries which killed off any chance of a permanent move.

The former Sedan star appears to be well down the pecking order at Anfield with Rafa Benitez thought to be willing to let him leave for the right offer.

Atletico Madrid have been linked with the defensive midfielder and although the player’s agent Charles Collymore is unaware of interest from the capital club, he admits a number of English and Spanish teams are tracking Diao.

“I am currently looking at options for Salif and there are clubs from Spain and England looking at him,” Collymore told skysports.com.

“Salif has two years left on his contract and I believe if he was to receive a good offer he would consider it.

“Salif is keen to be playing first team football regularly and we will look at the options with the transfer window open for two months.”

Lens have also been linked Diao, but Collymore does not believe that the player will return to France at the minute with Spain and England his likeliest destination.

“I know Lens have been linked with Salif, but I don’t think he would be interested in a move to France at this stage of his career,” added Collymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

I stumbled across this article on zenden/middlesboro today but there is an interesting advert at the bottom. Its for one of those premium rate phonelines and it says "Reds Gazump rivals with 16m bid" and "Liverpool shatter transfer record".

If there is any truth in the rumour who could it be? wright-philips? robinho? They're the only two available who would cost around 16m.

Are you watching Bannor??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Shred wrote:
    More deadwood heading for the exit, hopefully it's true :)

From Skysports:

Liverpool midfielder Salif Diao is considering leaving Anfield

The Senegal international is keen to be playing regularly after failing to establish himself at Liverpool.

Diao spent the second half of last season on loan at Birmingham, but his stay at St Andrews was interrupted by a series of injuries which killed off any chance of a permanent move.

The former Sedan star appears to be well down the pecking order at Anfield with Rafa Benitez thought to be willing to let him leave for the right offer.

Atletico Madrid have been linked with the defensive midfielder and although the player’s agent Charles Collymore is unaware of interest from the capital club, he admits a number of English and Spanish teams are tracking Diao.

“I am currently looking at options for Salif and there are clubs from Spain and England looking at him,” Collymore told skysports.com.

“Salif has two years left on his contract and I believe if he was to receive a good offer he would consider it.

“Salif is keen to be playing first team football regularly and we will look at the options with the transfer window open for two months.”

Lens have also been linked Diao, but Collymore does not believe that the player will return to France at the minute with Spain and England his likeliest destination.

“I know Lens have been linked with Salif, but I don’t think he would be interested in a move to France at this stage of his career,” added Collymore.

They should buy him a random plane ticket and drop him in the departure lounge of John Lennon airport, along with a few others.

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote:
    They should buy him a random plane ticket and drop him in the departure lounge of John Lennon airport, along with a few others.

Screw that, let him buy it himself:p

seabee wrote:
    I stumbled across this its for one of those premium rate phonelines and it says "Reds Gazump rivals with 16m bid" and "Liverpool shatter transfer record".

prob a bid for crouch! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

VinnyL wrote:
    seabee wrote:
    I stumbled across this its for one of those premium rate phonelines and it says "Reds Gazump rivals with 16m bid" and "Liverpool shatter transfer record".

prob a bid for crouch! ;)

Ya, Maybe it said 1.6m :)

I think Diao has got a lot of bad press for a player that was probably played out of position or not in his best position.

He is/was more suited to a CB role and for Liverpool at the moment I think he would be fine. He could also be a very defensive holding midfielder if that is needed in some games, although he doesnt bring much going forward in midfield, unlike Hamann. Even from a CB position, both Hypiia and Carra are more of a threat when they go up for dead ball situations.

I'm not sure of his salary level, but he would make a resonable backup CB as far as I'm concerned. He also has more pace than Hyppia, can tackle just as good as Hyppia, has more positional sense than Traore and is good in the air. He was also a better CB than Pellegrino (I'll never forgive Benitez for that decision!).

I dont mind if he goes but for me we didnt see the best of him and it will cost probaby more to get a player as good or better.

I dont mind getting rid of "deadwood", such as Smicer (who did a good job in the CL final) and Diao, but where are the replacements? I'm not panicking, just hoping that Benitez will surprise us all, but the clock is ticking.

Redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I dunno, whenever i saw him (think last time was V Chelsea) he just looked a bit crap. had a terible touch and whenever he did win one of those great tackles he'd end up passing it straight back to opposition. Just thought he looked out of his depth to be honest. If he were to keep his place while alou diarra were let go it would be the biggest travesty ever!

Agreed about the game Vs CHelsea. With Regards to his definsive qualities, I know what you're saying Redspider but I still remember that game in the Carling Cup against Bolton in December 03 (as I'm sure we all do) where he gave away a penalty and made an identical tackle 3 minutes later but got away with it :rolleyes: He was playing in either a right back or centre back position and he was disastrous (much the same as Biscan was) and he cost us the game and we were knocked out. Maybe given time he would have settled into a back four position or he would have shone in CM but I personally don't think so. I just don't think he was good enough, nor was his mate Diouf - good riddance to them both :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

BOLO Zenden will travel to Anfield for formal contract talks on Monday rather than join the rest of the Middlesbrough squad for the start of pre-season training.

While Boro's players check in at Rockliffe Park for a fitness assessment, Zenden will be on Merseyside thrashing out the details of a proposed move to Liverpool.

The Dutch international, who has already held informal discussions with the European champions, becomes a free agent when his current contract expires tomorrow.

More here.

This looks wrapped up at this stage. A versatile squad addition.

reckon they'll announce anyone tomorrow so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Anyone reckon the zenden deal could be as a helper for the Kuyt deal ... Kuyt would probably prefer to have another dutch team mate to hang with , make the moving process easier ....

id say tommorrow and next friday we can expect some deals to be finalised.

zenden reina kuyt.

i think the stelios and milito deals well take a little longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,303 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Looks like Jack Hobbs is coming our way too 16 year old CB chased by arsenal all season.

Reina and Kuyt are nailed on according to sources but zenden has to agree terms

Happy with kuyt hes the type of cf rafa likes, works hard on his own, good awareness, i reckon cisse will be playin on the right or behind him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Cyrus wrote:
    i reckon cisse will be playin on the right or behind him
    Can't see neither happening. Cisse will remain up front to use that pace of his. Rafa is just trying to give himself plenty of forward options by buying Kuyt (if indeed we do buy him!). I have a feeling Morientes will settle a lot more this season resulting in more goals (hopefully).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

assuming that kuyt is signed we'll have 6 active strikers in a team that employs 1 striker, towards the end of last season 4 - 5 - 1 was the starting formation with 1 of the midfielders playing off the striker and linking up with the midfield. tbh 6 strikers is too many for that formation.

i know benitez likes to change the formation a couple of times during a match and he needs options, but having cisse, baros, morientes, pongolle, mellor and kuyt on the one team is going to be some balancing act.

rumours going are that mellor is off anyway, but that still leaves us with 5 strikers.

if thats the case, pongolle would have to be sent off on loan.

then theres 4 strikers, none of which will like spending any significant amount of time on the bench

looking at the team as a whole, i think taking money thats been put aside for a striker would be best served in putting towards a centre back (militio?) and an attacking midfielder (aimar?) that can link up with the striker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Shamrok wrote:
    Can't see neither happening. Cisse will remain up front to use that pace of his. Rafa is just trying to give himself plenty of forward options by buying Kuyt (if indeed we do buy him!). I have a feeling Morientes will settle a lot more this season resulting in more goals (hopefully).

He played RW a few times this season when he came back from injury though.

IF baros doesnt leave this season, hes gone next season for definitie. The fact hes **** doesnt help either. We need a new striker. Gald we are getting one aswell.

im also sure that rafa sees young sinama as a winger and i think hes right, not physical enough to be a cf in the premiership, but pacey, good control and lots of tricks i really think he could be special on the wing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No rumours but a shock hedline instead - Benitez Apologises For Spitting.

You cant always trust a newsfeed!

Mike.

So it looks like we have another signing nailed on. This kid is very promising, was excellent for Albacete against Barca this season.

Mark Gonzalez
    LIVERPOOL hope to confirm the first in a flurry of summer signings today after agreeing a deal to take Mark González, the highly-rated young Albacete winger, on a season-long loan with a view to a £4.7 million move if he proves his fitness.
    The 20-year-old was on course to move to Anfield on a permanent basis until he damaged knee ligaments playing against Levante on May 8, but, after learning that the Chilean should be ready for first-team action by the end of October, Rafael Benítez, the Liverpool manager, urged his board to proceed with a loan deal.

51028662.jpg

Good Lad!

Liverpool have confirmed they have agreed a deal with Lincoln for highly-rated teenager Jack Hobbs.

A proposed move to Arsenal for Hobbs, 16, broke down when the Gunners refused to include a sell-on clause.

Lincoln director Keith Rowe earlier told BBC Radio Lincolnshire: "I have sent a proposal to a major Premiership club in the north west."

The deal is subject to Hobbs successfuly coming through a week-long trial which will take place next week.

From the beeb.

Ok, so Rafa is staying true to his word on beefing up the reserves with this lad. Highly rated CB, ex(?) Lincoln City.

Here is an interesting link from a Lincoln City forum.

Chiliean player. Mark Gonzalez is to sign from Albacette on a 1year loan with option to buy for €7milion if it works out.

link
    http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=288446&cpid=23

ANy 1 no anythin about him can't say i have heard of him

This is a report from the game mentioned above - Alba v barca
    ALBACETE, December 11 (Primera Liga) - Xavi Hernandez volleyed from just outside the area to fire Barcelona to victory in the Carlos Belmonte stadium at Albacete and increase their lead to 12 points over Real Madrid in the Primera Liga.

The Catalans led through an early Andres Iniesta goal following a mistake by the Albacete defence but failed to add to their lead.

In the second half, Mark Gonzalez headed in an equaliser for the home side but six minutes from the end, immediately after a dramatic goal-line clearance by their Spanish international defender Carles Puyol, Barcelona's Xavi scored the winner.

Barcelona boss Frank Rijkaard can have few complaints from his team 15 games into the campaign.

Several injuries have deprived him of first-choice players yet his team continue to win.

In their 2-0 midweek Champions League defeat at Shakhtar Donetsk, Rijkaard lost another of his stars to the injured list in Juliano Belletti.

With a big lead over Real Madrid in the Spanish title race, however, Barca have breathing room, giving their Dutch boss the chance to play many of his youngsters.

One of them is Iniesta, and it was he who tucked away the first goal in just the second minute.

Francisco Paco Pena had plenty of time to kick the ball out of danger but instead held onto the ball and his carelessness was punished by Iniesta, who dispossessed him and then hit the ball past Ronny Gaspercic.

Not long after, Barcelona's Cameroon sensation Samuel Eto'o threatened with a couple of chances.

His first attempt came after he ran down right but Gaspercic made the save.

Eto'o again tried for a goal after receiving the ball in his own half and running at down the right wing again, but Albacete's Gustavo Lionel Siviero intercepted the ball in the area and gave Barcelona a corner.

Giovanni van Bronckhorst got the ball in the area and unleashed a shot but it went over the net.

Rafael Marquez almost scored for Barcelona in the 28th minute but just missed the goal and the ball hit the side of the net.

Victor Valdes then came up with a couple of saves, one off a 30th minute free-kick and the other, more impressively, when he stopped a dangerous looking shot from Gonzalez.

Barcelona had two other opportunities to stretch their lead before half-time, but Portuguese international Deco blasted the ball into the hands of Gaspercic and Ronaldinho shot over the goal after a pass from Eto'o.

Albacete showed two minutes into the second half that they were not about to go away quietly when a promising shot from Antonio Pacheco forced Valdes into a good save.

Barca's Abella Damia made a good run down the right side only to be brought down in the box by Gustavo Siviero. No penalty was given.

Just past the hour mark, Pacheco attempted an overhead kick in the area but it flew over the bar.

Albacete then had an opportunity with Mikel running up to the goal to receive a pass from Pablo Redondo, only for Valdes to come out of the box and get the ball to stop the threat.

Gonzalez finally got the home side back on level terms with a flashing header that was set up by Pacheco.

Running across the face of goal, Pacheco appeared to be pushed in the back by Puyol but he got the deftest of touches to beat Valdes.

Then came Puyol's fantastic effort to keep out an Albacete shot, and Barcelona went to the other end and scored with Xavi's terrific shot.

The home side had attempted to clear a long long throw-in but just as the ball was about to hit the ground a few yards outside the area, Xavi struck the ball with his right foot and it swerved inside the left-hand post, out of the reach of Albacete keeper Gaspercic.

Linkage

An independent from here values him at over 10m. But thats an independent, so i would take that with a pinch of salt. Interesting thread nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

An independent from here values him at over 10m. But thats an independent, so i would take that with a pinch of salt. Interesting thread nonetheless.
    lol, thats the Sports Interactive forums (the makers of Championship/Football manager). He's saying that Mark Gonzalez has vastly improved in his game and is now worth 10m. :)

• Advertisement

*hangs head in shame*

The other links are real!

eirebhoy wrote:
    lol, thats the Sports Interactive forums (the makers of Championship/Football manager). He's saying that Mark Gonzalez has vastly improved in his game and is now worth 10m. :)

ha ha in fairness championship manager may as well be real life i play it that much....

Carra's negotiation is going well, no surprise there. Going from a salary of ukp 2m pa to 3m pa until 2009. He deserves every penny. Fair play to him.

A good move for Hobbs, a move for the future though, not next year, and fraught with "maybe's" as he is only 16.

The Gonzalez move is also smart. A trial of sorts by using a loan with a potential buy due to his recent injuries. He is 21 and a winger. Is Rafa reading boards.ie for team structure hints or is it "obvious to the blind man"?

Reina looks a done deal.

Gerrard is thinking about making poverty history. Lets hope he sticks to that mindset when negotiating his own salary increase. Couldnt he give his increase to charity/Africa instead? That would speed up the contract negotiations. A new motto: "lets not make Liverpool FC impoverished".

Overall, some positive news on the Liverpool front today. Well done Benitez and Herrera.

Redspider

---

Jamie Carragher is being offered a £20,000- a-week pay rise by Liverpool as reward for his outstanding form. The defender's agent, Struan Marshall, met Anfield chief executive Rick Parry on Wednesday to open discussions about a two-year contract extension. The talks were described as "constructive" and more are planned. Carragher, 27, has two years left on his current £40,000-a-week deal and Liverpool want to keep him until at least 2009. Reds boss Rafa Benitez believes Carragher would be worth every penny of his proposed pay rise and has hailed his converted centre-half as the best defender in England. It is an amazing turn around for Carragher, who feared for his first-team place two years ago when Ireland full-back Steve Finnan moved to Liverpool.

---

Liverpool have taken Lincoln's highly-rated teenage defender Jack Hobbs on trial with a view to a dream permanent move after a move to Arsenal broke down. The 16-year-old centre-half will spend a week with the European champions from next Monday before signing a permanent deal if the trial proves successful.

---

Liverpool are close to sealing a year-long loan move for Albacete winger Mark Gonzalez. The deal is likely to be confirmed providing the Chile international is granted a work permit in order to facilitate the temporary switch to Anfield. Gonzalez has been recommended to Rafa Benitez by his first team coach Paco Herrera, who is a former manager of Albacete. Herrera attended several matches last term and the 21-year-old impressed sufficiently to earn himself a place on the European champions' list of targets.

---

Villarreal keeper Jose Reina is also on the brink of completing his proposed move to Liverpool. It is anticipated that he will fly to Merseyside on Sunday before being unveiled to the media on Monday.

---

"We made history by winning the European Cup for the fifth time in May," claimed Gerrard, "but that means nothing in comparison with making poverty history. That would be absolutely unbelievable."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

So the Gerrard stories start again, with Gerrard seemingly starting em:
    Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has not told manager Rafael Benitez he is tempted by Real Madrid's interest, BBC Sport understands.

Spanish newspaper As claims midfielder Gerrard, 25, has told Benitez he wants to leave Anfield for the Bernabeu.

But it is believed no such meeting took place - and indeed Gerrard is in talks over extending the two years left on his current Reds deal.

Real also announced on Friday they had signed Pablo Garcia, a similar player.

The As article claims that when Benitez asked if Gerrard wanted to stay at Liverpool the player replied: "We'll have to see. The interest from Madrid is extremely tempting.

"The offer from Madrid is very special. It is difficult to say no to them. If I were to stay in England, I would only play for Liverpool."

Liverpool have refused to comment on whether this conversation took place.

As claimed that Real are willing to more than double Gerrard's wages and will pay him over £8m a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

PHB wrote:

And so the dance begins. Contact negotiations are an art form.

PHB wrote:

Now the BBC say different :rolleyes:

Gerrard did not hint at Real deal

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has not told manager Rafael Benitez he is tempted by Real Madrid's interest, BBC Sport understands.

Spanish newspaper As claims midfielder Gerrard, 25, has told Benitez he wants to leave Anfield for the Bernabeu.

But it is believed no such meeting took place - and indeed Gerrard is in talks over extending the two years left on his current Reds deal.

Real also announced on Friday they had signed Pablo Garcia, a similar player.

The As article claims that when Benitez asked if Gerrard wanted to stay at Liverpool the player replied: "We'll have to see. The interest from Madrid is extremely tempting.

"The offer from Madrid is very special. It is difficult to say no to them. If I were to stay in England, I would only play for Liverpool."

Liverpool have refused to comment on whether this conversation took place.

As claimed that Real are willing to more than double Gerrard's wages and will pay him over £8m a year.

I really have a pain in my balls with this crap at this stage - just sign the contract extension Stevie and put a stop to all of this :) Although some other tabloid rag will just claim there is some sort of getout clause etc just to sell their miserable paper :mad:

The Gonzales transfer looks to be getting closer:

From LFC.TV

GONZALES EXCITED BY DREAM MOVE

Anfield bound winger Mark Gonzales has admitted he can't wait for his 'dream' move to Merseyside to be finalised.
    The Reds are in talks with Albacete over a season long loan deal for the speedy winger with a view to signing him on a permanent contract.

No deal has yet been agreed but the 20 year old Chilean international, who is currently sidelined with a cruciate knee ligament injury, is hoping he will soon be able to celebrate the biggest move of his short career.

He said: "Until everything is signed I don't want to get too excited, but it's a dream move.

"I knew Liverpool were interested in me but after the injury I thought everything had changed.

"To go from being injured at a second division Spanish side to the European champions is like winning the lottery.

"Negotiations are very advanced and I know if I go there on loan I will make the most of it. I'll be going there for good."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

One question for pool fans;

Why has Steven Gerrard not signed a new contract???

Correct me if I'm mistaken here but is this story starting to become a repeat of Owen's? and we all know where he ended up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

zenden confirmed by pool. Multiple sources incl. official site.

Gonzalez is talking like deal already done as well

• Advertisement

Zenden is a good signing, is he free?

yep :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

irish1 wrote:
    Zenden is a good signing, is he free?

yep, I'm happy with the signing, not a first eleven player, but certainly a bit of quality back up.

uberwolf wrote:
    yep, I'm happy with the signing, not a first eleven player, but certainly a bit of quality back up.

quite happy with that meself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

irish1 wrote:
    and we all know where he ended up!

In a studio watching the team he left so he could "win trophies" lift the CL trophy?

All very well strenghtening the squad, but the first eleven need as much improvement as the backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

uberwolf wrote:
    Well, lets consider the competition for that particular place... Harry Kewell!

Methinks Zenden will be begging for a rest come December!

• Advertisement

should we starting panicking? or wonder how to spend the money?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

A bit of good PR can easily make this look like Gerrard is rejecting the club, and leaving them with no option but to sell him. Its pretty much a win-win situation for Liverpool.

Cynic! :D

Mike.

I would have thought that Gerrard would have signed a new contract before he went on holidays if he REALLY wanted to stay, I'd say the pool are holding out for a big offer that they can say was "too good to turn down" i.e. he really wanted to go anyway so now we have a load of cash to buy a few decent players.

Or maybe he's waiting to see who Liverpool are going to sign, I mean so far Gonzales and Reina are the only players there near signing that would be in the starting 11, I mean Gerrard wants to win things and unless the pool buy thats going to be hard.

IMO Liverpool over-achieved in CL last year, if they want to try and repeat that success and try to challenge the top 3 in the Premiership they will have to buy a lot more quality players, selling Gerrard might be a big blow but it might also allow them to build a team that could really challenge for the League.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

With the whole of Europe thinking that Liverpool is the place to be right now it might not be such a bad thing. I'm sure rafa could arrange some top signings before the end of August.

Did Real offer Samuel in a part exchange? Might not be a bad move. Hyypia is quite replacable imo.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement