Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Getting Le Trez on loan for a season would be a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i've got a pain in my face watching french players join pool. they suck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I can certainly see the logic of a two year loan deal, after all if it does'nt work its not a disaster if they do then a perminant deal might be possible.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

A few more positive grunts coming from Anfield about Alves ( I know, I know, Im bored to tears of it too). If we got him and Trez it would be an excellent summers work

Alves is the new Gonzales!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

trez is not the player he once was. considering we don't have a budget and we cant get the players we really want i suppose he's better then nothing. but i wont be putting any money on him being 'pools top scorer this season if he does join.

another moro imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

T&#225 wrote: »
    another moro imo
    The moro who was on loan to mono would be cool though.

lol....yeah when ya put it like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I see Kuyt is finally going to shít or bust. Maybe the Trez rumours have had an effect.

Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt is poised to finally decide his future after being linked with a move to Liverpool. Kuyt, 25, has asked for time off to make a final decision on whether to quit the club, and recently revealed Liverpool had made an approach.
    Holland's £10m-rated World Cup star has also been a target for Newcastle.
    He told Dutch sports paper AD Sportwereld: "I have an arrangement with coach Erwin Koeman that I can take some days to think about my future."
    Liverpool's move for Kuyt appears to depend on whether they can clinch a deal for Sevilla's Brazilian right-sided player Daniel Alves.
    Sevilla are demanding £12m, which would virtually exhaust manager Rafael Benitez's transfer budget.
    If he pulls out of a move and switches attention to Birmingham City's Jermaine Pennant, he could then have enough cash to fund a move for Kuyt.
    Kuyt said recently: "The Feyenoord president has informed me of a new approach from last year's European champions.
    "I am happy at Feyenoord but would like to play in the Premier League."
    He added: "Last year that was close to happening so for now I prefer to concentrate only on the World Cup because my hopes could be soured again."
    The Dutchman, who is under contract until 2009, has scored 71 goals in 101 games for Feyenoord but has consistently been priced out of a move by his club.
    He said: "It is out of my hands. I have several opportunities but it is now down to Feyenoord."
    The forward began his career at FC Utrecht in 1998 before moving to Feyenoord in 2003.

Source: BBC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

trez is not the player he once was. considering we don't have a budget and we cant get the players we really want i suppose he's better then nothing. but i wont be putting any money on him being 'pools top scorer this season if he does join.

People judge him by his preformances, or lack of them, for France, when they shouldn't.
    Look at him for Juve.

37 apperances, 29 goals.

If he joined Liverpool, he would instantly be their top striker, but he is apparently wanted by Inter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

His goal ratio is not in doubt, isnt he a goal in 2 for France, something like 30 in 60 games.

His general play is poor, and participation to the build up isn't great either.

That said, Rafa looks to have two options

1. Go for Kuyt 10m + Pennant 2-3m
    2. Alves for 12m and Trez Loan/reduced fee.

I'd go for option 2.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The 10million odd we were going to get for Cisse is a big hit and hindering Rafas plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

He added: "Last year that was close to happening so for now I prefer to concentrate only on the World Cup because my hopes could be soured again."

It is hardly todays news considering he is concentrating on the world.

IMO a lot of papers are just string things up now as nothing else is happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

zabbo wrote:
    1. Go for Kuyt 10m + Pennant 2-3m
    2. Alves for 12m and Trez Loan/reduced fee.

I'd go for option 2.
    I'd go option 2 as well but I don't think Pennant would be as cheap as 2 or 3 million anyway! I've no idea what's likely to come out of the remainder of the transfer window, apparently Rafa rushed off to the airport straight after the Wrexham match, so should be an interesting week or two. I'm sure he'd like to have all transfers complete before they go for their usual alpine pre-season, which must be pretty soon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

This lad might be a better option than Trezugeut

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goran_Pandev

Looked good anytime I've seen him, and with Lazio being relatively poor as paupers compared to Juve might be more willing to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

It is hardly todays news considering he is concentrating on the world.
    That part is preceded by:
    'Kuyt said recently: ...'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Its the date of it that implies it is recent and that annoys me.. The Kuyt situation is pretty much the exact same as it was 6/8 weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Can somebody do a quick roundup of who we have actually signed as of today?

Out
    Robbie Foy - released
    Ramon Calliste - released
    Paul Willis - released
    Paul Lancaster - released
    Callum Woods - released
    Fernando Morientes - 3,500,000
    Paco Herrera - returns to spain for 'family reasons'. Sporting director, espanyol
    Zak Whitbread -Milwall 200,000
    Bruno Cheyrou - Rennes, Free
    David Raven - Carlisle
    Antonio Barragan - Deportivo, £1.7 million
    Dietmar Hamann - Bolton,then Man City£500,000
    Chris Kirkland - Wigan, Loan
    Djibril Cisse - Marsailles, Loan

In
    Craig Bellamy, Blackburn - 6,500,000
    Gabriel Paletta, Banfield - 2,000,000
    Fabio Aurelio, Valencia - Bosman
    Gonzalez - Work permit now sorted - 2,100,000
    Robbie Fowler - new contract signed. - Free
    Rafael Benitez - new 4 year contract signed
    Eduardo Macia - New Chief Scout, Valencia
    Malcolm Elias - Accademy Role, Southampton (head of recruitment)
    Gary Ablett- from Obscurity;) to reserve team coach

E&OE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Dietmar Hamann - Bolton, £500,000

you mean man city, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hamann was a free transfer, Man City had to pay Bolton then not Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Was Paco Herrera the bald guy or the old guy?

dont you lot know what E&OE means?:mad:

it was the grey haired Paco

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

rumuors (skysports news) now suggesting that Liverpool are in the chase for Duff, that the spurs connection is far from a done deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i really cant see that happening.
    We have plenty of cover on the left, and with money being tight we need to spend it on other positions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Thanks MonkeyTennis. :)

how many left sided midfielders could be take...mmm unless kewell is going. One injury prone winger for another ;)

We don't need Duff. Utd will when Ronaldo gets his way (and they need the money too, Duff in for 10 mill sell the Portuguse diver for 17-18 mill).

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

mike65 wrote:
    We don't need Duff. Utd will when Ronaldo gets his way (and they need the money too, Duff in for 10 mill sell the Portuguse diver for 17-18 mill).

Mike.

And Chelsea will sell Duff to United for 10m. yeah right, bout as much chance as that happening as Gerrard admitting he dived more than once in the WC! (ah couldnt resist with the Ronaldo comment -God the petty hatred!)

Mik...I mean

Trilla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

i can see Duff moving specially since he has only 1 year left on his contract and is not a 1st team regular! On a different note news on the Stadium

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/5189068.stm

interesting that its the end of this month when all the money needs to be delivered. It looks like its well on track which is good news.

woodyg wrote:
    It looks like its well on track which is good news.

Not if you read this.....

Two weeks to save new LFC stadiumJul 13 2006

By Sam Lister Daily Post Staff

LIVERPOOL FC plans to build a new stadium face collapse if they do not come up with funding within two weeks.

Club executives must prove they have the financial backing and a timetable for construction in place by a crucial meeting on July 27 or £9m of European funding will be withdrawn.

It would almost certainly spell the end of the Stanley Park plans in the near future.

Contingency plans have been drawn up to make sure the cash earmarked for the scheme will be used on other regeneration projects if the club cannot find the finance.

Cllr Flo Clucas, executive member for Economic Development, said: "Contingency plans for the money to be used elsewhere within the timescale have been drawn up.

"If this package does not come together it will not be the fault of the public bodies, it will be Liverpool FC that will have failed.

"By July 27 we will know if that package is there." Last month, the Daily Post revealed that the club had not raised all the money needed to build its proposed new home at Stanley Park, according to the chief executive of the Northwest Development Agency.

Steven Broomhead said that the club's ability to finance its new stadium remained unclear.

In addition, it must raise the rest of the money needed to finance the construction of the stadium from the private sector.

The club has been in lengthy negotiations with banks and other potential private sector investors about financing arrangements for its new ground.

It asked Merseyside's Brussels-funded Objective 1 programme for £9m to assist with the infrastructure work.

Although the money cannot be used to fund the stadium it is vital for the works around it, which were promised to regenerate the area.

The July 27 deadline has been set because the funding pot must be allocated by December this year and all projects must be completed by December 08.

A further £9.2m has been applied for from the NWDA, although that cash

is unlikely to be withdrawn in the near future.

The cost of the 60,000-seat stadium now stands at £190m and Liverpool has applied to the NWDA to provide £11m of funding for infrastructure work around the ground.

No one from the club was available for comment last night.

same story. its all about how its worded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Koptalk:

Feyenoord ace Dirk Kuyt will sign for Liverpool within the next 48 hours, claim newspaper reports in the UK today.

It is reported that the player has a £10.3million escape clause in his contract which would explain why Liverpool are refusing to even consider meeting Feyenoord's demands for a fee closer to £14million.

Four previous bids from Anfield are reported to have been rejected by Feyenoord. They included various amounts of cash along with combinations including Jan Kromkamp and Jerzy Dudek. A final cash offer of £8.25million was also reportedly rejected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Daily Mail:

Liverpool will sign Feyenoord's Holland international striker Dirk Kuyt in the next 48 hours.

Its not clear what the price will be. Feyenoord have quoted a £13.75 million asking price, but it seems there may be a £10.3 million release clause in his contract. Liverpool have also offered part-exchange deals involving Jerzy Dudek and Jan Kromkamp.

Kuyt scored 22 goals in 33 league games last season but now wants to play in England.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If the realease fee is 10.3 Million don't they have to accept it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Yes they do but liverpool have been trying to make it 10.75 with the players we are wanting to get rid of. If the release fee is triggered then they will have to allow him to discuss terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

im sorry i cant take anything the Sun or the Mirror says as any way informative at all. oh and the daily mail. especially after the day Keane announced his retirement they ran the story "keane stays on for one more year"

these sources are the originators of "silly season" imo

Dont think im overjoyed with the Kuyt posibility of signing. i'd rather put that money into the right side of midfield. Does this mean we will most likely by going in for the kill with pennant now as well?

• Advertisement

Well if Rafas in Spain putting the dots on the lower case js of tha Alves deal and Kuyt is on his way that means we got 10million for Djimi

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Or some investment was found for the club!!!
    But thinking about who was bought this year and how much was spent it would seem right that he is getting Kuyt and Alves now aswell!!!

Out

Total: £5.9 Million.

In

Total: £10.6 Million

Difference of £4.7 Million Spent so far this year!!!

Budget of £30 Odd million = £25.3 Left

Kuyt: £10.3 Mill
    Alves £10 Mill

Still £5 Million Left!!

Thats just my understanding on the matter, plus the wages that have been freed up aswell might account for a good bit of money!!

Well if Rafas in Spain putting the dots on the lower case js of tha Alves deal and Kuyt is on his way that means we got 10million for Djimi

a giveaway

we didnt get any money for the hamann deal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

yeah I reckon that we have the cash for Kuyt and Alves.

Would be a good summer too.

Gonzalez
    Paletta
    Agger
    Bellamy
    Alves
    Kuyt

Emmo

jonny24ie wrote:
    Or some investment was found for the club!!!
    But thinking about who was bought this year and how much was spent it would seem right that he is getting Kuyt and Alves now aswell!!!

Out

Total: £5.9 Million.

In

Total: £10.6 Million

Difference of £4.7 Million Spent so far this year!!!

Budget of £30 Odd million = £25.3 Left
    I'd be suprised if we had as much 25mil pounds to spend - id say its nearer 15mil.

And wasn't Gonzales paid for last summer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Well Rafa recently stated that he was looking to bring in 2 or 3 more players this summer - so Kuyt and Alves could well be on the cards. I mean they were his top 2 transfer targets pre-world cup. If he couldn't afford both would he have been chasing them as much as he seems to be? It seems that the stumbling block on both cases is price with rafa looking to only pay about £10m for each. Is it really beyond Liverpool to cough another £20m on transfers. As has been said we have only paid out £8.5m for Bellamy and Palletta so far with the guts of £5m pound coming back in from the sale of players.

How much was spend the first year Rafa came in??

Cisse: 14 Million
    Alonso: 10 Million
    Garcia: 8 Million (Not too sure TBH)
    Momo: 5 Million
    THAT RB: 2 Million (Can't remember his name)

Thats 39 Million and I'm sure there is more!! I know the likes of Cisse could have been paid for the year before but that is still 25+ Million Spent so he could well do it again considering the players he is wanting!!

Well, Garcia was 6mil. But you make a good argument.

I'd like to see the money spent Alves but no more than 10mil.

Id prefer if 'Pool didn't get Kuyt (didn't impress in the WC although he was intially played out of position) and give Sinama another run assuming he's over his injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

SofaKing wrote:
    Well, Garcia was 6mil. But you make a good argument.

I'd like to see the money spent Alves but no more than 10mil.

Id prefer if 'Pool didn't get Kuyt (didn't impress in the WC although he was intially played out of position) and give Sinama another run assuming he's over his injuries.

yeah i'd prefer us to get darren bent - although he'd prob cost us more

re kuyt:

what happened to our mutually agreed ideas that we should NEVER judge a player on his WC performances, peoples??? (remember diouf???)

before the WC we all would have jumped at the chance to sign him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement