Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

T&#225 wrote: »
    re kuyt:

what happened to our mutually agreed ideas that we should NEVER judge a player on his WC performances, peoples??? (remember diouf???)

before the WC we all would have jumped at the chance to sign him.

Agreed, if he were to come I would trust Rafa to know alot about him and have seem him play many many times!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,918 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

That was usually if the player had a good world cup, rather than the other way around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

Ah yeah if they have a good one we want him and if they have a bad one we dont..?

just as well ronaldhino isn't available on a free then coz even he admits he had a stinker...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/5191010.stm

Possible make weight for Kuyt, I'd imagine. Depends if we get Alves to replace him.

Hmmm, Rafa won't risk being left without cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

zabbo wrote:
    But Kuyt plays for Feyenoord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Kuyt looked awful in the World Cup, easy to score goals in Holland, see Kezman, and look how sh*te he was in the Premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

BolBill wrote:
    Kuyt looked awful in the World Cup, easy to score goals in Holland, see Kezman, and look how sh*te he was in the Premiership.

Care to name 1 or 2 examples in recent years that were not ****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,918 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I don't think Kuyt would ever be an RVN type, 20 goal striker, but probably nearer 10-15 goals if he got his game together and gelled in England, along with Bellamy, that may be what Liverpool need. It depends on the price really, anything more than 10m is probs too much, and hard to sell on without taking a bath if he flops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cisse was bought before Rafa took control, Momo cost 8 million.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yeah but that was Euros, which is about £5.5/5.6 mil pounds.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

if we get kuyt... where will crouch go ?

as in... formation

Disregard my post there ;) blame the heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Jazzy wrote:
    if we get kuyt... where will crouch go ?

as in... formation

same as last season really i'd imagine.

crouch will be more of a constant in the side than any of the other strikers. i dont think kuyt will be signed anyway, just a gut feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

manager wants 4 strikers and isnt counting Sinama.

manager wants 4 strikers and isnt counting Sinama.

manager isnt jose mourinho with money to burn.

the sqaud needs a right winger or 2 to have a better ballance. pongolle isnt the best, but with fowler and belamy there to play off crouch, he'll do a job, if the money can be spent on another position

i dont know what options rafa has, but i'd guess its something like this (assuming he has approx. 15 million to spend)

pennant(5m) + kuyt(10m) - 15 million

pennant(5m) + alves(12m) - 17 million

or

sell traore(3m), kronkamp(3m) and dudek(3m)? to get...

alves + kuyt for 22 million?

i dunno. i'm just throwing numbers around really.

theres alot of factors. rafa seems like the kinda guy that wont pay for alves just based on principles, if he thinks he's being ripped off by a million he just wont pay it and lose out on the deal

there was a point last season where liverpool just couldnt buy a goal. if it wasnt for that patch they probably would have pushed very close for the title. so based on that i'd like to see another striker come in, just to have the option.

but, i really like alves as a player and think he'd add alot to the team.

An offer has been made for Djimi from Charlton it seems, PSV are linked heavily with Kromkamp (one of the stranger Liverpool buy/sell stories if it happens) I guess Dudek will be a makeweight in the Kuyt deal with Kromkamp. So the net cost of Kuyt might be only 5-6 million which does'nt seem such a bad deal to me.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭bazzman

el rabitos wrote:
    sell traore(3m), kronkamp(3m) and dudek(3m)? to get...

or u mad:eek: :eek: :eek:

3m for traore, not a hope of that much, talk in the paper today that he`ll go for 600k which i think isnt enough especially since he is a champions league winner.

1m-1.5m and i would take that, thankin them very much.

Liverpool Echo says no deal is on for the Dutchman

They are the paper of choice at Anfield and so usually get it right.

Mike.

hey, if liverpool were trying to buy a player of traore's claibre right now, u can bet they would have to pay upwards of 3 million, so i dont see any reason to sell him (other than him being crap) for less than others would charge pool.

i was just throwing around the more common names linked with pool. not taking into account the situation in italy, the availability of alot of those players may change alot of rafa earlier plans.

i dont see any realistic targets at juve really, maybe trez or some other utility player maybe to be brought in as cover for a position.

iaquinta would be a good buy i reckon if its at the right price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

el rabitos wrote:
    iaquinta would be a good buy i reckon if its at the right price
    Udinese werent hit by the scandal so I doubt they'd want to sell one of their stars.

Slurms wrote:
    Udinese werent hit by the scandal so I doubt they'd want to sell one of their stars.

yeah i know, he's just the kind of stiker i'd like to see at the club. he's got a big frame and he's strong going forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

el rabitos wrote:
    yeah i know, he's just the kind of stiker i'd like to see at the club. he's got a big frame and he's strong going forward
    I'd be worried about his workrate and maybe his attitude.

Wasn't there a big incident involving him and the management round the beginning of this last years CL? Something like him getting cocky and the manager saying he'll never play for Udinese again? I think I remember something like that, though I could just be pulling that from my arse!

Thats really just name plucking. Who knows, maybe Rafa can pull a Sissoko from all these rumours.

He's juggling the finances, and certainly won't let someone go unless he has a replacement lined up.

I'd imagine one of the Left Backs will go, we now have Riise, Fabio Aurelio, Warnock and Djimi, with Agger and Pauleta also capable of playing there. Warnock just isnt upto the standard, Djimi lacks in decision making and sometimes skill, but It's supposed he's one of the fittest at the club, and enthusiastic to coach. A tricky one, Warnock is also a local lad, who has come back from various injuries to pull on the red shirt, which makes him special in the eye's of the Kop.

I'm rambling here, but as someone pointed out, the transfer kitty seems to be around the 12-15m mark, with more if players are sold.

Maybe nothing significant will happen until Real Madrid make their moves, and the Italian Summer Sale finishes.

If I'd the choice between a striker or Alves, I'd take Alves :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Slurms wrote:
    I'd be worried about his workrate and maybe his attitude.

Wasn't there a big incident involving him and the management round the beginning of this last years CL? Something like him getting cocky and the manager saying he'll never play for Udinese again? I think I remember something like that, though I could just be pulling that from my arse!

It was along those lines, wouldn't sign a new contract and said he wanted a move, form what I remember he was put on transfer list and he thought he would move no problem. Didnt get a move so I guess he back tracked. If Liverpool where not interested then when he was in top form then I dont think they will move for him now

Portsmouth make 8.2m bid for Anelka - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/5194634.stm

"Gerard Houllier is responsible for what happened to me. If he had not snubbed me at Liverpool I would not have had to play with minor clubs for the past four years which I had never imagined joining."

Always thought it was a terrible decision not to sign Anelka, amazing player, questionable temperment. He got on well at Anfield.

• Advertisement

Djimi looks to be going to Bolton or Charlton - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/5194110.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

zabbo wrote:
    Portsmouth make 8.2m bid for Anelka - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/5194634.stm

"Gerard Houllier is responsible for what happened to me. If he had not snubbed me at Liverpool I would not have had to play with minor clubs for the past four years which I had never imagined joining."

Always thought it was a terrible decision not to sign Anelka, amazing player, questionable temperment. He got on well at Anfield.

I think the wages, price tag, attitude and, as you said, temperment were factors. Although under a good manager...I still rate Anelka, under Wenger he was incredible

zabbo wrote:

Here would be a better place: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=262341&page=23

I know he is a former Liverpool player but if you start posting about any Liverpool player that was on there books you will wreck the thread. Anelka was only a loan player after all

Pongolle off to Osasuna? ..according to Skysports If a deal can be arranged a permanent move is preferable to Liverpool and Flo-Po.A real shame there seems to be no room for him.

KROMKAMP told he can go...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

Anelka was replaced by Diouf, talk about questionable attitude and high wages!

Emmo

KROMKAMP told he can go...

sauce?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

sauce?
    its on icLiverpool anyway

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/

source the Echo

so maybe kromkamp being told he can go could be a hint that alves is on the way...

well apparantly, according to the echo during the week, there will be 1 more round of talks about alves, if an agreement is found kronkamp can go, if not he'll stay.

selling kronkamp under any other circumstances would be stupid

Big Nelly wrote:
    Here would be a better place: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=262341&page=23

I know he is a former Liverpool player but if you start posting about any Liverpool player that was on there books you will wreck the thread. Anelka was only a loan player after all
    Don't open the thread then, I care very little about what you think may or may not wreck the Liverpool signings and rumours thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Big Nelly wrote:

I know he is a former Liverpool player but if you start posting about any Liverpool player that was on there books you will wreck the thread.

What are you, this thread's police? Do you even support Liverpool for a start?

We're were linked with Anelka not too long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

so maybe kromkamp being told he can go could be a hint that alves is on the way...

I posted here at the start of the summer that Kromkamp would not be staying. He was never considered as a long term purchase. He was brought to Anfield as a shrewd piece of business by rafa. He will go for up to £3m. Rafa would never have got near that for Josemi.

Ardent wrote:
    Do you even support Liverpool for a start?

I don't see what that has to do with anything. There's plenty of posts in here from non-Liverpool supporters.

Now lighten up. I want to see a group hug from zabbo, Ardent and Big Nelly.

3.... 2.... 1.... GO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I don't see what that has to do with anything. There's plenty of posts in here from non-Liverpool supporters.

Not sure why but I'm somehow under the impression he's a Man United supporter. Nothing wrong with that but, if I'm right, it's a bit rich him telling other posters what they can and can't post in here.

Sheff Wed supporter. You can discuss it with him over your hug.

I want pictures.

Ardent wrote:
    Not sure why but I'm somehow under the impression he's a Man United supporter. Nothing wrong with that but, if I'm right, it's a bit rich him telling other posters what they can and can't post in here.

:eek: wash your mouth out with salt water!

Ardent wrote:

How come everytime I post on a Liverpool thread Im called a Man Utd supporter and on a Man Utd thread then Im a Liverpool fan:confused:

Big Nelly wrote:
    How come everytime I post on a Liverpool thread Im called a Man Utd supporter and on a Man Utd thread then Im a Liverpool fan:confused:

because u contribute **** all to either

exactly

"Liverpool are leading the chase to sign Feyenoord's Dutch striker Dirk Kuyt, according to his agent Rob Jansen" - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/5196724.stm

Also

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has made a £6m bid for Birmingham winger Jermaine Pennant. (Daily Mirror)

Bellamy and Kuyt in one summer. Positive news if it happens.

Pennant is no Alves - but he's certainly cheaper and would give an option. Might just be a red-herring to further the Alves negotiations though. Having said that Sevilla seem to be taking a a very hard line.

The starting eleven next season could be practically unrecognisable.

Sevilla don't really need to sell.

They've lost Sergio Ramos, JA Reyes and Baptista in recent seasons

This is also a team with a history of having some of the best footballers in the world

Maradona, Bebeto, Prosinečki, Davor Suker - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sevilla_FC#Famous_players

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

To be honest I don't see the Pennant thing.

He's ok but surely not the standard Liverpool are looking for. then there's the attutide and everything.
    I can see why they'd take Bellamy, in my opinion he's as good as Owen ever was and will score 20+ and win a load of games for Liverpool in the process.
    Pennant is a far more limited player though, don't see him either providing much, changing games or defending much.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement