Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

News travels fast! I think it's bullshít though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

We don't need Duff so Rafa wouldnt waste £10 million on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Personally would love to see duffer at Anfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

If the story is true then Rafa would want him because if not they wouldn't have got permission to talk to him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

According to koptalk a fee has been agreed for him and he's going to have talks today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

Acoording to koptalk alonso could be on his way to madrid.

lets hope their not always right!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

Can't see alonso leaving anfield. Well I hope not anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭The Rooster

According to the rumours, each of Liverpool, Spurs and Newcastle have met Chelsea's asking price and therefore have been given permission to speak to Duffer. I'm shocked the mancs have seemingly not entered the race.

If we got Duffer for £10m and sold Kewell to Spurs or Newky for £5m or £6m, it'd be good business for Liverpool.

Some people think Gonzalez is the answer to all Liverpool's left sided problems. I'd be very surprised if he started more than half of Liverpool's league games this season. He'll take a while to acclimitise to English football, especially wet wintry Wednesday evenings. And remember Duff and Gonzalez can both be used up front, if need be.

I think Duff would be a very good signing for Liverpool. Tho' I think he could end up in Newky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I don't believe either of those stories. Rafa has Gonzalez, Kewell & Zenden (and even Riise) capable of playing on the left. Why would he spend so much money for another left sided midfielder when he has headaches on the right side of midfield.
    Also, can't see Alonso going. He's having a successful time at Anfield and with the departure of Hamann, I can't see any more central midfielders being allowed to leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Another thought

Duff + Pennant - Kewell = Alves

Buy Duff and Pennant and sell Kewell, instead of buying Alves. If Sevilla refuse to budge, that makes a lot of sense.

Unless Alonso is unhappy for whatever reason, I would not entertain any bid for him, no matter what the quantum. Don't sell your great players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Selling Kewell and getting Duff would be good alright but I'd rather see the funds go towards Alves. Can't imagine we'd get much for Kewell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tis the height of the silly season, 99% of stories are BS.

And where is Bannor!? :D

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Here's something interesting about rafa
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnMnZyV1QR8

rondeco wrote:
    Here's something interesting about rafa
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnMnZyV1QR8

so rafa plays football manager huh? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

can we officially stop recognising Koptalk as a source. Its nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

According to koptalk a fee has been agreed for him and he's going to have talks today

Thats only soom looney posting that its not coming from Koptalk the website, thats the same as saying boards has said Liverpool will sing Kuyt\Alves\Pennant\Duff etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Don't Liverpool need a right sided player?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Don't Liverpool need a right sided player?!

Not necessarily.
    For quite some time Mourinho played Robben and Duff as the wingers. Having two left footed left wingers isn't the end of the world, most of them are good enough to compensate. A lot of players even prefer to play on their other side (e.g. Ronaldo loves to play on the left)

Hmm, I just thought for a bit ofbalance they'd need someone on the right, they got an abundance of left-side players - why spend limited funds on another?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Doesn't Gonzalez play more on the right than the left?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

TBH Gonzalez is the most one footed left winger I've ever seen...
    Fooking good player though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Hmm, I just thought for a bit ofbalance they'd need someone on the right, they got an abundance of left-side players - why spend limited funds on another?

Could be a number of things:

1) Liverpools funds aren't as limited as they would like people to think

2) Duff could be deployed in a striking or right mid field role

3) Gonzales could go right, Duff left, and Kewell deployed as a striker.

etc.

You can be sure though, that if Benitez buys Duff, it's not just for the sake of buying him cos he's available, he will have a plan well worked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Duff's confirmed for the Barcodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

can we officially stop recognising Koptalk as a source. Its nonsense

It was also on Sky Sports this evening.
    No doubt they were quoting Koptalk ;)

Haha, after all the tak about where he'd play for Liverpool!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

not confirmed 100% yet!! ;)
    He still has to go through medical and if Liverpool want they can still pull a momo on him!!

el rabitos wrote:
    I see from a Danish website this crowd in Denmark is showing them on their site already. Still not delivering them before their launch date though. Looks nice.

yeah, its lovely jersey alright, i'll definitely be getting one

el rabitos wrote:
    yeah, its lovely jersey alright, i'll definitely be getting one
    Me too. I'm also interested in seeing the full range of Adidas gear they launch this year. I want one of those white polo tops some of the players have been wearing. I think they come in black too. I always preferred Adidas as a brand over the rest. More comfortable I find.

• Advertisement

Shamrok wrote:
    Me too. I'm also interested in seeing the full range of Adidas gear they launch this year. I want one of those white polo tops some of the players have been wearing. I think they come in black too. I always preferred Adidas as a brand over the rest. More comfortable I find.

yeah, i was delighted when reebok went under tbh, although the last jersey they made was nice, generally i dont like their gear at all, liverpool and adidas always made for some nice gear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

which one is it? they have 2 types ...one with teh stripes and one without like this?

http://www.unisport.dk/products.asp?search=&team=148&country=&league=15&idItem=2166

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Lex Luthor wrote:
    which one is it? they have 2 types ...one with teh stripes and one without like this?

http://www.unisport.dk/products.asp?search=&team=148&country=&league=15&idItem=2166

That's the current (04/06) one - "Liverpool - Hjemmebanetrøje 04/06"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Lex Luthor wrote:

Thats a Reebok jersey and the other one is an Adidas jersey.. I will let you work it you ;)

Duff could easily be deployed on the right to be honest and it would be considerably better than having no one for that position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

I am fairly sure that Liverppol didn't enter into negotiations with Damien Duff. There would be no way Rafa saw Duff as the answer to his right wing/Striker shortage.. I presume it was Freddy Shephers leaking the story to the press to ensure that the Newcastle fans beamed with Joy that the beat Liverpool to his signing.. Or Chelsea leaking the story to ensure that they got the highest price for him. Second scenario is least likely as we all know Chelsea dont really need the few extra dollars..

Thats my take on it anyway.. I mean no one other than Sky Sports News reported the story.

look at the shirt these old duffers;) are wearing.

Cats out of the bag now...officially revealed tomorrow eh?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

Thats definitelty not the new Jersey.

dont you know who that is??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

• Advertisement

look at the shirt these old duffers;) are wearing.

Cats out of the bag now...officially revealed tomorrow eh?:D

i wont be buying that thing

fingers crossed its the other one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

dont you know who that is??

It's just not ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

SO anymore news on who is suppose to be coming in etc....

Pennant is on tha cards as far as the papers are concerned!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

alonso NOT going as per Rafa.

the rest of the news is fairly quiet today. just reading the match reports from saturday. not very exciting either to be honest...

A 19 year-old forward from PAOK is the latest rumour KopTalk is pushing. His name is ... Lazarus Hrjstodoylopoyloy!! Looks like someone is playing scrabble on the back of his jersey :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Simao is being left out of Benfica's pre-season games, and with Valencia still chasing C. Ronaldo, could he be 'Pool bound?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I see Newcastle only paid 5 million for Duff, I honestly can't believe Liverpool didn't sign him for that money.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Simao is being left out of Benfica's pre-season games, and with Valencia still chasing C. Ronaldo, could he be 'Pool bound?
    I am probably missing something, but what does one have to do with the other?

I wish he was but most reports today seem to be saying Valencia are very close to signing him now. I see AS, the Spanish footy site reckons what happens with Alves will finally be resolved this week.

irish1 wrote:
    I see Newcastle only paid 5 million for Duff, I honestly can't believe Liverpool didn't sign him for that money.

DId they not pay 10 mill sterling, 15 mill euro for him??

irish1 wrote:
    I was also surprised to hear of the £5m pricetag. I don't think he thought he would get as much football at Liverpool as he will at Newcastle. Hope it's a good move for Duffer.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement