Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

p.pete wrote:
    Quick question, is Liverpool's friendly match today on tv anywhere? Cheers.
    Yes, Eurosport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

seen the match advertised in buskers yesterday. on at 4pm i thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

DaBreno wrote:
    A british manager might de-prioritize the Champooins league

Is this a joke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

redspider wrote:

Is Carrick going to Man U then with Ruud van N gone to Madrid and does that give Spurs some extra dough to invest in Kewell?

Our rumour mill suggests we're (Spurs) targeting Martin Petrov of Athletico Madrid, and Downing as plan B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

any chance someone would do a quick reply with the list of players in & out, their position and fees so far?
    I've been out of touch for the last while and only managed to get the Bellamy, Aurielo, Paletta & Gonzalez news. Also know about Didi. Any more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Grabbed this off Wikipedia, Lex...
    2006–07 transfers

In:

* Brazil Fábio Aurélio - Valencia (free transfer)
    * Wales Craig Bellamy - Blackburn Rovers (£6.0 million)
    * England Scott Carson - Sheffield Wednesday (loan return)
    * Senegal Salif Diao - Portsmouth (loan return)
    * Chile Mark González - Real Sociedad (loan return)
    * France Anthony Le Tallec - Sunderland (loan return)
    * France Carl Medjani - Metz (loan return)
    * Argentina Gabriel Paletta - Banfield (£2.0 million)
    * England Jermaine Pennant - Birmingham City (£6.7 million)
    * Republic of Ireland Darren Potter - Southampton (loan return)
    * France Florent Sinama-Pongolle - Blackburn Rovers (loan return)

[edit]

Out:

* Wales Ramon Calliste - Scunthorpe United (free transfer)
    * France Bruno Cheyrou - Rennes (undisclosed)
    * Germany Dietmar Hamann - Manchester City (undisclosed)[12]
    * Spain Fernando Morientes - Valencia (£3.0 million)
    * England David Raven - Carlisle United (free transfer)
    * United States Zak Whitbread - Millwall (£0 rising to £500,000 depending upon appearances)
    * Scotland Robbie Foy (released)
    * England Paul Lancaster (released)
    * Northern Ireland Paul Willis (released)
    * England Calum Woods (released)

Seems pretty accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

stream for today's match

tvants://www.tvants.com/tvants/?k=3cc6ca440b426247

requires this software:

http://www.bodzio61.kk.e-wro.pl/software/TvantsSetup_1.0.0.58.EXE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

You're not missing much, awful first half.

Hobbs not great in defence.

Bellamy has been decent.

Reina playing outfield O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

reina is playing outfield? what the hell?

• Advertisement

3-2 Kaisers

How bad is Dudek ?

Yeah, Dudek not great but Hobbs not giving him much help.

Reina .....midfield general :)

FT: 3-2 to Kaiserlautern. Bellamy, Garcia, Pennant, Sissoko, Paletta all looked decent imo. Shame about the rest.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Reina actually had a good chance, pity he blazed it over :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Reina put the wrong shirt on and no-one noticed?

Mike.

He came on wearing 14(Alonso) and the commentators didn't really notice.

How could you not notice, Reina is a huge guy, looked more like a Rugby player out there.

Alonso's gone to Real then!!!!!? :p

Mike.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Fowler was wearing 19 aswell... dont think they were payin too much attention to them

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

reina is playing outfield??
    for real? why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

According to lfc.com Rafa ran out of players to put in Midfield.

Also it seems Garcia and Aurelio both picked up knocks. Garcias isnt supposed to be serious but he's worried bout Aurelio. :(

And Fowler played twice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Aimar has gone to Real Zaragoza

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

THe Sunday world yesterday had that Kuyt deal is done!! He/His agent was in Liverpool on Friday night discussing the terms of the deal!!

Also I saw on teletext this morning that Traore is off to charlton and liverpool are looking for £3Million for him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

jonny24ie wrote:
    THe Sunday world yesterday..

Yeah... right.. The Sunday world. I'd give more credence to transfer speculation in the National Enquirer than I would from the sunday world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Stky10 wrote:
    Yeah... right.. The Sunday world. I'd give more credence to transfer speculation in the National Enquirer than I would from the sunday world.

I don't know if it's policy or what with the Sunday World, but they seem to have a full-page Liverpool story every week, whether anything is happening or not. Usually it's great, but sometimes you realise they are just bigging up a puff-piece to fill space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

tbh wrote:
    I don't know if it's policy or what with the Sunday World, but they seem to have a full-page Liverpool story every week, whether anything is happening or not. Usually it's great, but sometimes you realise they are just bigging up a puff-piece to fill space.

I am not 100% sure about this but I think it could be to do with carlsberg sponsoring there football section.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

tbh wrote:

John Brennan is a big pool fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Utd after Kuyt now....

This is way OT, but anyone know how much NTL are looking for a Premplus Season ticket this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

No idea but I'll guess €400

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

p.pete wrote:
    No idea but I'll guess €400

Bad guess, Its actually €85 for the PremPlus season ticket.

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote:
    Take that back or I'll report your post for pimping :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

It was 70 for PremPlus for each of the last two seasons for me. They usually ring you up and beg you to resubscribe @ the "special price" of 70. If it's gone up to 85, I think I'll resort to streaming instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Shred

Aquos76 wrote:

Really? I went to renew it only last week and had a look at the premplus channel (480?). It was quoting €120 there and I said balls to that. Are you sure it isn't ST£85?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Ardent wrote:

that last years pay per view line up. So probaly last years price aswell.

There's some discussion on it here: http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=412273

I'm raging I didn't get if for €70 when the offer was on because I did suspect that they might take the piss as it's probably the last year they'll be able to show so many games (i.e. 88 + 50 on premplus). Ah well, I won't be shelling out €120:)

• Advertisement

Liverpool keen to offload Kewell
    tribalfooball.com - August 01, 2006

Liverpool are inviting offers for Aussie winger Harry Kewell.
    The Times says Reds boss Rafa Benitez is keen to move for Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downing and will do so if he can find a buyer for Kewell.

The Australian's current £70,000-a-week wages is proving a stumbling block for interested clubs.

Spurs are also interested in him - downing that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

The Times says Reds boss Rafa Benitez is keen to move for Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downing and will do so if he can find a buyer for Kewell.

The Australian's current £70,000-a-week wages is proving a stumbling block for interested clubs.

fekkin hell ! is that right ? 70,000 a week! Thats about 400,000 euros a month. Jesus.

I'm guessing if they do sell him it'l be a cut price now because of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Why would Rafa want Downing? As has been said, we have enough left wing options!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Moaninho running scared

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=407188&CPID=8&clid=3&lid=2&title=Jose+aims+dig+at+Rafa's+Reds

Praising the other 2 cos he knows they won't challenge...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

If Mourinho doesn't stop bleating on about Liverpool every couple of months, it may be appropriate to have him put forward for psychological assessment to help get to the root of his problem..

Though, as laymen, we can probably point to a Champions League semi defeat, and an FA Cup semi defeat being somewhere at the heart of the issue. ;-)

He's jealous of Liverpool being jammy gits and winning the FA and CL trophies. That and the fact that he and Rafa came to England at the same time so they can act as a barometer for each other - at the moment Rafa is more popular :)

Tis the old Portuguese-Spanish thing!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

mike65 wrote:
    Tis the old Portuguese-Spanish thing!

Mike.

I think it is more the stopping him winning a double twice that has annoyed him. I really don't get tit though, Chelsea play compact football with essentially 5 defenders and it is okay, but when liverpool play compact football it isn't good football.

I would say Chelsea will probably win the leageu again but the chase for the last three spots will e tigheter and with a couple of more teams pushing for said spots.

Liverpool have hopefully added a goal scorer and more options on the wings.
    Arsenal in Rosicky have somebody who can make things happen, and I feel that they will utilise Hleb a bit more this season.
    United have a good buy in Carrick, regardless of cost and if he performs as he did for Spurs then they have strengthed thier midfield no end.

The other clubs I expect to challenge are Spurs, Newcastel and Wigan again, they will be tough teams to beat at home and the teams that come away with three points from their ties against them should be quite happy.

Screw Mourinho, just when you think he can't possibly make a bigger tít out of himself he goes and proves you wrong. He came out with similar rubbish after the FA cup semi. It would make it all the sweeter if the pool can put a serious challenge together this year and stick league trophy #19 in the cabinet:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

TBH I don't care who wins it as long as it is not Chelsea, great teams win three in a row, can anybody really say that Chelsea are a great team ? I have more respect for the Chelsea theam who almost bankrupt qualified for the Champions league than I do for the current crop of Hyper Priced Galactico wannabes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The thing about Chelsea is that they can't win, just lose.

I know that sounds odd but everything is so stacked in their favour that you have to view a season like last year, where they won the league but lost out in FA cup and CL as a failure of sorts.

Basically Chelsea are better then every other team in England, everyone knows this. If Chelsea don't win the league it will be down to a failure on their part as opposed to success by Liverpool or whoever.

For Arsenal, competing for years on thir budget and making the unbeaten run were achievements, for Liverpool the 80's and the recent CL was an achievement, Man Utd's treble and domination in the 90's was an achievement.

As soon as Abramovich gave Ranieri the blank chequebook and the spending started, everyone KNEW that Chelsea would win the league sooner or later. Buying even mor eplayers and getting Mourhino cemented this, now Ballack and Shevchenko are cementing it for this year. No achievements, just purchases.

The league generally goes to the best team, Chelsea have bought the best team by a mile so they'll win the league.

I'm curious to see how long Abramovich stays intrested in premier league domination. Make no mistake, if Chelsea win the league for the next 6 years but don't add a Treble or even just a CL they will have FAILED.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Intersting. I read on http://www.bluewatchmcfc.co.uk/ yesterday that City were linked with Kewell but if his wages are that much there isn't a chance in hell we could take him. Wouldn't mind all that much if we did get him as we have no left sided midfielders at all and could be a gamble, but not at those wages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I'm not too put out by this lads — in fact the opposite. I think Mourinho is more concerned about us than either of the other two and this is just a smokescreen. After all, we have hurt them more over the past two seasons than anyone else.
    gosplan wrote:
    Make no mistake, if Chelsea win the league for the next 6 years but don't add a Treble or even just a CL they will have FAILED.
    If the Champions League is not winging its way to Stamford Bridge come the end of May, it will be the end of the road for José there. I have no doubt about that. Premierships will not satisfy Roman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Shamrok wrote:
    I'm not too put out by this lads — in fact the opposite. I think Mourinho is more concerned about us than either of the other two and this is just a smokescreen. After all, we have hurt them more over the past two seasons than anyone else.

I'm of a similiar enough opinion. With Jose his rants/snipes are alwats targetted at whichever big team they're due to play soon. In this case it's us as we play them twice within the first month - and the first game == silverware. It might not be much by way of silverware but that's not the point - it's silverware he's expected to win as far as those pulling his strings are concerned. With him it's all about playing mindgames with the opposition teams and making his own team believe they're better than everyone else.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement