Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Thats probaly it. He's very similiar to style to Luis Garcia, i'd think he would be a waste of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Slurms wrote:
    Obafemi Martins has supposedly handed in a Transfer Request.

Wouldn't be surprised if we put in an offer.

I Can't see why Benitez would want to get rid of Cisse and then get someone like Martins.

They're very similar pleyers in that they've got more pace then skill but Cisse would have a better shot IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Martins is a lot better than Cisse, and averages about 10 goals a season in Inter, at the age of 21.
    Top quality signing, but likely to cost around 12-15 million sterling, but may be less due to transfer request

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Aye, Martins is much better than Cisse. Would be mucho happy if he signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Shred

Martins would be worth looking at imo. I'd imagine he could be got for <£10m due to the transfer request. Having said that I do agree with El Rabitos; there is something about him that I'm not quite sure about but I also didn't realise he was only 21 so there's still room for him to develop.

I do expect a striker to come in within the next 2 weeks once qualification into the group stages has been confirmed. Hopefully the pool can put the tie out of question on Wednesday (let's say 3-0) then something might happen sooner that that. The only thing is I don't see Haifa being too much of a walk over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Shred wrote:
    he was only 21 so there's still room for him to develop.
    Ya never know. Nigerians seem to lie about their age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

galwaydude wrote:
    Saviola would be a class signing. He wouldnt cost that much.

There's a reason why a top class player like Saviola isn't at a top class team. He's supposed to be impossible to work with, and I can't see him working well with Rafa.

Martins is very quick, and would a brilliant purchase(if this was Pro Evo), don't rate him at all(in real life)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Is the liverpool match being shown on tv tomorrow night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Itv 1

ITV1?

I don't think I have that (ntl digital). :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭The Rooster

ITV1 = UTV

I'm pretty sure NTL people (and almost everyone else over here) have that.

yes, well up until a few minutes ago the UTV website was showing The Bill for that timeslot.

in fact entertainment.ie is still showing the bill.

Panic over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

no Bill? :mad:
    :p

www.satfootball.com

click champions league green button at top...

It's generally spot on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What?????? No Bill! (one of my favs!)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Djimi gone to CAFC on a 3 year deal according to SSN.

I won't miss him but wish him all the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Heh, Djimi to have the games of his life when Charlton play us next season.

You know it's bound to happen! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=408627&CPID=8&clid=14&lid=&title=Charlton+seal+double+deal

he's GONE!

*edit*

didnt see the other posts in my excitement :D god bless ian dowie

2 frenchies away from ridding the club of dead wood

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Seven years he was at the club.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Jesus christ, didnt feel like 7 years...

How much was he sold for ?

Tusky wrote:
    Jesus christ, didnt feel like 7 years...

How much was he sold for ?

Figure hasn't been announced (and may not be) but the figure doing the
    rounds recently was 2m. If indeed it was 2m it's possibly the best bit of
    business Rick Parry has ever done ;)

End of an era! Sniff!

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    End of an era! Sniff!

Mike.

end of an era thats brought no premiership title, there'll be no sniffage from me

I was being slightly facitious and it was an era that bought 2 League Cups, a FA Cup the UEFA Cup, a Super Cup and Charity Shield. It was'nt all bad! :D

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

mike65 wrote:
    I was being slightly facitious and it was an era that bought 2 League Cups, a FA Cup the UEFA Cup, a Super Cup and Charity Shield. It was'nt all bad! :D

Mike.
    Erm,Champions League aswell

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Best of luck to Djimi. He put in some excellent performances for us in the 04-05 CL games with them telescopic legs of hsi(made for some great recovery tackles when he envitably lost the ball).

Erm,Champions League aswell
    I was thinking of the Houllier part of Djimis career! After all it was him what bought him. You are right to mention it though - I don't know what el rabitos is moaning about! :D

Mike.

Liverpool Football Club today confirmed that centre-half Danny O'Donnell has agreed to join Crewe Alexandra on a six-month loan contract from immediate effect.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N...060808-1211.htm

mike65 wrote:
    I was thinking of the Houllier part of Djimis career! After all it was him what bought him. You are right to mention it though - I don't know what el rabitos is moaning about! :D

Mike.

ah i just dont like him. i have the champions league final on dvd and if u see it the guy is just dire.

he doesnt really deserve much credit for most of the thing's pool have won, he's was used pretty sparingly (if at all) for the first 4 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

So long Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Farewell Jimmy, I'll miss the excitement you brought to the game every time you appeared on the pitch. Hopefully my heart rate will be slower this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Traore is gone. I've waited for this day for 3 years. Thank God.

Le Tallec's move to Sochaux appears to be off for some reason. "Complications" - whatever that means ..

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?HLID=408876&CPID=8&title=Sochaux+no-go+for+Le+Tallec&lid=&channel=Premiership&f=rss&clid=14

I'm suprised no Championship clubs have moved for Le Tallec.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

the fact he is a whinging twat probaly doesnt help.

Linked with another young striker - 20 year old Gonzalo Higuain of River Plate.
    However he seems to be playing down such a move somewhat (but then that's hardly unusual).
    http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/liverpool/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=international_feed/06/08/09/SOCCER_Arg-River_Plate_Higuain.html&TEAMHD=liverpool&DIV=prem&TEAM=LIVERPOOL&RH=Liverpool&PREV_SEASON=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

Rafa said in an interview last night that kuyt was one of 2/3 targets,
    and this morning "reports" are saying liverpool have put up an offer of 10million.

A few of the english dailys claiming we've tabled a straight 10m bid for Kuyt.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_objectid=17538754%26method=full%26siteid=94762%26headline=reds%2dare%2don%2dkuyt%2ds%2dtail%2d-name_page.html
    http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/european/article1218071.ece

Think the express are carrying it as well but can't find a mention of it on their www site.

He's due in England at the weekend for a friendly against Reading so could be an opportune time to seal the deal. If it's ever to be sealed that is..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

mike65 wrote:
    I'm suprised no Championship clubs have moved for Le Tallec.

Mike.

Its because his wages are 23k per week.

• Advertisement

rondeco wrote:
    Its because his wages are 23k per week.
    Bless you GH.

p.pete wrote:
    Bless you GH.

But he was the best player at the Youth world cup back in 1847.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Torres set to sign new Atletico Madrid contract
    tribalfooball.com - August 10, 2006

Fernando Torres is ready to end all speculation over his future by signing a new contract extension with Atletico Madrid.
    The young striker intends to ink a deal through to 2009, an extension of 12 months on his existing agreement.

Atletico chief Miguel Angel Gil Marin and Torres' agents have been in talks this week and the striker is expected to put pen to paper before Monday.

Torres will receive a pay-rise and his buyout clause is also likely to be increased.

In an aside to this does anyone ever wish that liverpool would just go and break the bank for some of the more high profile players.
    I know it has never been the tradition with LFC but sometimes I think it would shake a few things up.

In an aside to this does anyone ever wish that liverpool would just go and break the bank for some of the more high profile players.
    I know it has never been the tradition with LFC but sometimes I think it would shake a few things up.
    The last two times we broke our transfer record it was on the backs of good seasons by bouth Houllier and Evans. Good previous season plus money spent on transfers = gauranteed league success, err no. Both occassions were followed by quite poor league seasons.

If we started bidding for Torres so would United quite likely and then it'd be a huge price. If we get Kuyt now I'll be happy, if not and we end up waiting then that's fine. Patience is a virtue :)

Dub13 wrote:
    But he was the best paid player at the Youth world cup back in 1847.:)
    you missed a word ;)

Kuyt deal looks like being warpped up in the next week according to several sites.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

latest on kuyt.

Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt appears to have secured a move to Liverpool and could be in the squad for next Saturday's match against Sheffield United.

A fee of approximately 10 million pounds has been agreed between Liverpool FC and Feyenoord leaving both clubs to now try and come to an agreement on how it would be structured.

Although the transfer window doesn't close until August 31st, Rafa has requested that the club pull out all the stops to get Kuyt on board as soon as possible.

There had been suggestions that Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry was going to try and hold out until the end of the the month to try and secure a better deal but Rafa would like the player to be available for selection against Sheffield United on the 19th August or the following match against West Ham United on the 26th.

The Dutch striker is in England for today's friendly between Reading and Feyenoord.

lets hope this goes through unhindered then...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Yep a fee has already been agreed, the two parties just need to sort out the payment structure. He'll be a red before next weekend.

[edit]Just realised I've just short-handed what gary the great said above...read the same article as me obviously

And that would be that then, two strikers, a winger, Gonzales finally cleared and practically all the 'dead wood' cleared.

Main squad

Jerzy Dudek
    Scott Carson
    Jose Reina

Fabio Aurelio
    Jan Kromkamp
    Steve Finnan
    Sami Hyypia
    Daniel Agger
    John Arne Riise
    Jamie Carragher
    Stephen Warnock
    Gabriel Paletta

Harry Kewell
    Steven Gerrard
    Mark Gonzalez
    Xabi Alonso
    Mohamed Sissoko
    Jermaine Pennant
    Boudewijn Zenden
    Paul Anderson

Robbie Fowler
    Sanz Luis Garcia
    Peter Crouch
    Craig Bellamy
    Florent Sinama Pongolle (?)
    Dirk Kuyt

Looks handy enough

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I would put lil Luis in the mid their Mike..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement