Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nokia n95 slider

• 04-06-2007 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

ok, took the plunge and i've got an n95. Serious features but i'm a bit suspect over build quality. I've read in another post that the slider is kinda loose on the right side and that its a common problem. I'm wondering if there's anyway of gettin it fixed because it'll probably get worse, the reason i ask is because i work on a building site and the phone will get a fair bit of abuse. i'll get rid of it if it cant stand up to a bit of wear!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

http://n95slidefix.blogspot.com/

if you dont have the screw driver get them on ebay for nothing. you happy with the rest of the phone,, i cant wait to get one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

davton wrote:
    http://n95slidefix.blogspot.com/

if you dont have the screw driver get them on ebay for nothing. you happy with the rest of the phone,, i cant wait to get one

feck if i paid the guts of 700 yoyos for a phone id expect it to be put together
    properly.... i was nearly gonna buy one of these ,, thank god i didnt..

i dont really like slider phones, for that very reason,, ie over time sliders can get loose or the mechanism fecksup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

what_car wrote:
    feck if i paid the guts of 700 yoyos for a phone id expect it to be put together
    properly.... i was nearly gonna buy one of these ,, thank god i didnt..

i dont really like slider phones, for that very reason,, ie over time sliders can get loose or the mechanism fecksup.

i have been using n80 a lot for bout a year and the slider is just a good as it was,, i think its just some cases it happens
    is it really enough to never buy a slider phone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Nokia have been making slider phones for a quite a while now and, for the most part, they are problem free but there will always be a small percentage who have problems. These people can simply get a replacement.

If it were a huge design flaw, then I'd expect all the mobile news sites to have mentioned something by now as the Nokia N95 has been available for 2 months.

And like the previous poster, I've had an Nokia N80 for a year and I've had no problem with the slider mechanism.

- Neil

Advertisement