Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Ibiza Doors ('06)

Options
  • 04-06-2007 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭

My missus has an 06 seat ibiza and the doors on it only open a tiny amount then the next point is nearly a full 90deg from the car, they are pretty hard to stop them doing it.

Anyway after seeing the door on the car beside her in the underground carpark, (its an dark coloured old corsa...now with light blue pinstripes on the passenger door!) I think I need to do something about it.

I went to a few local motorfactors looking for strips to put on the edge of her doors but found none.

Anyone know of anywhere in dublin I could get some, before she puts a light blue hole in someone's door??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you can get horizontal rubbing strips from the SEAT dealer, they become the outermost point on the edge of the door aswell, so as wel as protecting your door, they also protect other peoples cars from your door

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

lafors wrote:
    My missus has an 06 seat ibiza and the doors on it only open a tiny amount then the next point is nearly a full 90deg from the car, they are pretty hard to stop them doing it.

Anyway after seeing the door on the car beside her in the underground carpark, (its an dark coloured old corsa...now with light blue pinstripes on the passenger door!) I think I need to do something about it.

Just get her to hold onto the door when getting out of the car, thats what I do whenever I park tight to another car or wall. It's cheaper then the bump strips and also theres no chance of doing damage if you don't even hit the other car!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Del2005 wrote:
    Just get her to hold onto the door when getting out of the car, thats what I do whenever I park tight to another car or wall. It's cheaper then the bump strips and also theres no chance of doing damage if you don't even hit the other car!

You think I didn't try this already, I did, and ended up in the dog house for the rest of the day ;)

I response to colm, I don't particularly want to go to a seat dealer/any dealer, I've had a bad experience with a seat dealer in baldoyle and a ford dealer in phibsboro the last two times I've been. I wouldn't trust any of them with my car/cars.

I presumed I would find some at a motorfactors somewhere in dublin.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

:o

Did you have a look in Halfords? Or try E-bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Del2005 wrote:
    :o

Did you have a look in Halfords? Or try E-bay.

Never thought of halfords, near there too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

lafors wrote:

I response to colm, I don't particularly want to go to a seat dealer/any dealer, I've had a bad experience with a seat dealer in baldoyle and a ford dealer in phibsboro the last two times I've been. I wouldn't trust any of them with my car/cars.
    With respect, that's a bit silly, the dealer will have the part that's tailor made for your model of car, you only have to order the part in. Fitting is a doddle, they're self adhesive, you could use the opportunity to try a different dealer for a change.

Advertisement