Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7.2 Mbit/sec?

• 04-06-2007 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if any Irish networks are going to support the 7.2 Mbit/sec speed (2x turbo-3g)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Yes. In fact, all of the Irish networks will support 14.4 Mbit/sec 3G and beyond, o2 having already announced it, though that probably won't happen until next year. I think 3 will be doing 7.2 Mbit/sec by the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭cmac

And not wanting to hijack the thread but does anyone have any idea if Three intend to increase the rather meager upload speed of the 10GB offering?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

cmac wrote:
    And not wanting to hijack the thread but does anyone have any idea if Three intend to increase the rather meager upload speed of the 10GB offering?
    What is the upload speed as of present?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭cmac

I'm hovering around the 56k mark. Tested in Malahide and Stoneybatter over perhaps 25 connect/disconnect cycles at this stage.
    I like the offering very much but they really should state the limited uplink speed on the site. It's roughly a sixth of the speed expected as far as I'm aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

On Vodafone, the upload speed is 384kbps. On 3, it appears to be shaped to 56kbps. I don't really mind very much because the only uploading I am doing is sending the occasional file.

Update: I suspect 3 have taken this measure to prevent BitTorrent users from burning through their quota in a few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

where can you get info about the 7.2Mb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

so 3's using hspda 3.2MB so whats the average download speed is it over 1mb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

1huge1 wrote:
    so 3's using hspda 3.2MB so whats the average download speed is it over 1mb?
    Actually it is 3.6 megaBIT on three. Which means take that digit and divide by eight, so roughly 0.45 megaBYTE download per second, but you wont usually not get that kind of speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

flodis79 wrote:
    Actually it is 3.6 megaBIT on three. Which means take that digit and divide by eight, so roughly 0.45 megaBYTE download per second, but you wont usually not get that kind of speed.

So you will get it then? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

I had to disable HSDPA on my TYTN as it was far to fast and also pulling the Bat down

• Advertisement
Advertisement