Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Finals

• 04-06-2007 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

So its come down to this the cavs vs. the spurs who do you think will win?

Who will won? 2 votes

Cavs
    0%
    Spurs
    100%
    Jurassic_chiliSoaplover09 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Jurassic_chili

Spurs
    i hope the cavs win i thought they had blown it against the pistons but i was wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Spurs in 5 or 6 games, I just don't think the Cavs have the experience to challenge the vets on the Spurs team.
    While the Spurs don't have anyone in particular who matches up well with LeBron, their team defence should be enough to hold him back.

PG: Parker vs Hughes/Gibson = Parker by a small edge
    SG: Ginobli vs Pavlovic = Ginobli by a reasonable amount
    SF: Bowen vs James = James by a mile
    PF: Duncan vs Gooden = Duncan by a mile
    C: Oberto vs Ilgauskas/Varegau = Cavs by a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

lafortezza wrote:
    While the Spurs don't have anyone in particular who matches up well with LeBron

You forgetting about Bowen? Aka one of the best defenders in the league. Lebron will still get his but Bowen will make him work for everything.
    PG: Parker vs Hughes/Gibson = Parker by a small edge
    SG: Ginobli vs Pavlovic = Ginobli by a reasonable amount
    SF: Bowen vs James = James by a mile
    PF: Duncan vs Gooden = Duncan by a mile
    C: Oberto vs Ilgauskas/Varegau = Cavs by a bit

Parker is a reasonably better than Hughes, not just an edge above him. Hughes isn't even a natural PG, Parker is. I would take Parker every day of the week over Hughes.

Spurs are taking this in 6 at most.

LeBron is way bigger/stronger and just as quick as Bowen. I agree Bowen is a v v good defender but I can't imagine him slowing down LeBron without alot of help D.

If Gibson continues to play like he has in the last few games then I think Gibson/Hughes = Parker. Hughes is a pretty good defender at the point, but his foot is injured, you could see him limping during the last couple of games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Either or tbh. Not really for or against either team.

• Advertisement

Defo staying up to watch this tonight!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

Where ya watchin it Kenny?

phil wrote:
    Where ya watchin it Kenny?

Sky sports Xtra on my Dbox :D

You missed training last night too, tut tut ;)

D-Box ... ahh yeh ... d'oh!

Had a match last night. Got pushed, kicked, scraped, elbowed in the throat, and sprained a finger. How could I miss that? Doubt I'll be around for many Wednesdays at all if Ro keeps that day going all summer.

Phil.

Lol, poor lad ye!!! :p I think it's wednesday's for the next month or so, then it's pre-season fun :eek:

• Advertisement

Good game last night but a bit slow tbh.

NBA Finals Game 1`: Spurs 85 - Cavs 76

Tony Parker had a really great game, with Duncan not too far behind. Ginobli did a good job coming off the bench and I feel that Elson made some crucial plays. Defensively they were great both in transition and set. They contained Lebron to no field goals in the first half :eek:

As for the Cavs, Larry Hughes is a liability both offensively and defensively, wtf is he doing on the court. Gibsons should be on instead of him and I imagine he will be come game 2. Lebron was locked down completely. I think they need to stop running so many pick and rolls as the spurs defense on them is pretty good. Just isolate and let him do his thing. Marshall & Ilgauskas didn't contribute enough at all and they'll need to start knocking down the open jumpers they're getting when Lebron gets double teamed. Gooden went through a nice patch but then disappeared for the rest of the game.

Also, Lebron pulled up for a 3 with about 60 seconds to go, wrong shot imo. Should've isolated and gone to the hole. As soon as it went up I was like wtf!!! Then the commentator chimes and said it was a bad shot......they were still in it until then. LeBron subsequently god subbed off 10 seconds later!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Soaplover09

Spurs
    Lets go Cavs..im hoping they win it..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Irish Link

I really want cavs to win but really can't see them do it!

Just watched the game, LeBron has a bad habit of picking wrong shots. That one was definitely wrong. Completely agree about the use of the pick and roll, way overused. The spurs defended it better and better as the game went on. Gibson should definitely be on more minutes, Gooden had a solid game. Game could have gone slightly different if the Cavs didn't let the Spurs have that run in the third (they were missing shot after shot), but they need to find a way for LeBron to score going to the basket at those times or this series is over.

:rolleyes: Fell asleep and missed this game.......what's the verdict on it?

Watched the first half last night, then fell asleep :rolleyes:

Game 2:
    The Cavs were absolutely being hammered up until the 4th quarter. They go on a 20-4 run to bring it within about 8 points, but the Spurs hit some massive 3's by Ginobli and Parker to win easily enough in the end.

Parker/Manu/Duncan all had big games, Parker esp.

James had a brutal game, lots of turnovers, and he airballed a free throw.

These haven't been very entertaining games so far, here's hoping that'll change when we go to Cleveland for games 3-5.

They're expecting Parker to get the MVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Kenny 5 wrote:
    They're expecting Parker to get the MVP.

so far i don't think he should, i think tim should get it again.

Liam90 wrote:

Really?? I seen game 1 and Parker was great. Apparently Game 2 he was better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Liam90 wrote:

Why? Parker was their best player on offense last night imo and thats saying something. Duncan struggled

everyone keeps talking about parker on skysports etc... but once again tim has gone under the radar. tim averages more rebounds, blocks and ASSISTS and only averages a little less points and on defence tim has been incredible. In game 2 tim had a 24/9/8 night and tony had a 30/2 and everyone was talking about tp being mvp?

tim is my mvp, and also i think bruce bowen should be mentioned in the mvp talk, he done an amazing job on lebron.

sweepxn5.jpg

I'm going to back Parker for MVP.

With Tim's record it wouldn't surprise me if he got it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

Duncan now looks more likely fo MVP. Parker is playing very, very well but overall Duncan is getting the overall( points, rebounds,and assists)
    What happened to the cavs? Youth? they look dejected

what a turn around by the cavs, dead in the third alive in the forth, what a game!

welcome LeBron to the game

30 sec to go its all spurs, but why did they not foul? wasted 10s

what a finish but again why not foul?

• Advertisement

spurs win 4-0 and well deserved. Lebron needs players around him. tim for 4?

Advertisement