Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Details for Killarney PDC Pro Tour Event Announced

• 04-06-2007 12:55pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Killarney Details Confirmed

THE John McEvoy Gold Dart Classic PDC Pro Tour event will be played at Ireland's National Events Centre in Killarney on 4 November.

The £20,000 event will be the centrepiece of the 2007 Killarney Darts Festival, with players resident in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland able to enter in two ways.

They will be able to join PDPA members in the main draw, or for a lesser fee can enter a qualifier on Friday 2 November which will provide 32 places in the main field.

In addition to the usual PDC Pro Tour £20,000 prize fund, a car has been offered for any player who can hit a nine-darter during the John McEvoy Gold Dart Classic.

Ireland's National Events CentreSaturday 3 November will see the non-ranked Gleneagle Irish Masters Open staged for players over the age of 16, with womens and youth events being held on Sunday.

The Gleneagle Hotel is attached to the INEC complex, which will host the John McEvoy Gold Dart Classic. The ladies and youth events on Sunday will be hosted in the Gleneagle Hotel Ballroom.

Hotel Accommodation is now available at a special rate at the following hotels:
    Gleneagle Hotel and Gleneagle Apartments - www.gleneaglehotel.com or 00353 (0)64 36000
    Brehon Hotel - www.thebrehon.com
    Scott's Hotel - www.scotts.ie
    Gleneagle Valley Hotel - www.killarneyvalley.com

For further accommodation or event information, contact Andrew Spillane on 00353 (0)86 056 2464, bookings@destinationkillarney.ie or info@destinationkillarney.ie.

PDPA members will enter the tournament via the PDC either using the online entry system or through the PDC office - entries are not yet being taken.

Entry forms are available from from Michael O'Sullivan on 00353 (0)87 264 8291 or mcjosullivan@eircom.net.

Enquiries can also be made via Joe Coyne on 00353 (0)85 159 6550 or Alan Byrne on 00353 (0)87 226 4945.

For more information on Ireland's National Events Centre and directions, visit the INEC Website

Anyone planning on going to this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Hope to go myself hear there is a lot of intrest in it already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Highly offtopic but was up in Donegal this weekend and was amazed to see how many pubs all had boards or multiples of boards in them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Highly offtopic but was up in Donegal this weekend and was amazed to see how many pubs all had boards or multiples of boards in them.

If only it was the same around Dublin. Donegal is a great spot for Darts, they have the best county side up there as Carrickman will tell you.

What part were you in? The bar I throw in has 3 boards (Bridge Bar in Carrick), most pubs in the SW Donegal area have dart boards now.

Kingp35 wrote:
    Anyone planning on going to this?
    Over 300 booked into rooms already for this!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I passed through carrick, carrickman. Ended up spending the night in Kilcar though. Wish I brought my darts with me!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Carrickman wrote:
    Over 300 booked into rooms already for this!!

Looks like there is a lot of interest for this then which is good for Irish darts. I'm going to miss it though because I'm off travelling in October. Would love to have gone down though.

Anyone intrested in this would be advised to book their room ASAP as 400 beds are booked so far, booked my room last week anyone else here thinking of going??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Carrickman wrote:
    Anyone intrested in this would be advised to book their room ASAP as 400 beds are booked so far, booked my room last week anyone else here thinking of going??

When are the tickets being released?

No idea but I will let you know here when I find out, just spreading the news about accommodation for anyone thinking about going for anyone that has been to one of these events before they should know how difficult it can be to get accommodation near the venue the closer to the date you get.

• Advertisement

No idea but I will let you know here when I find out, just spreading the news about accommodation for anyone thinking about going for anyone that has been to one of these events before they should know how difficult it can be to get accommodation near the venue the closer to the date you get.

Tickets have been released.

This was posted on my forum by the organizer:
    Immediately after the Sky Bet World Grand Prix Final in the City West Hotel tonight the winner James Wade and runner-up Terry Jenkins signed up for the John McEvoy Gold Dart Classic and Irish Masters competitions at the Killarney Darts Festival in November.
    In addition to the above the list of top-ranked players travelling to Killarney includes the following :- Raymond van Barneveld, Roland Sholten, Mick McGowan, Steve Beaton, Ronnie Baxter, Andy Hamilton, Andy Smith, Dennis Priestly, Denis Ovens, Alan Tabern, John Magowan, Colin Osborne, Chris Mason, Peter Manley, Colin Lloyd, Kevin Painter, Gary Welding, Wayne Jones etc. etc. etc.
    Should be a great weekend.
    Link HERE, really looking foward to this!

Draw for John McEvoy Gold Dart Classic HERE

So who else is going to this?

Bit of a disaster in my opinion that its starting so early (10 am) Would be much better if it started at about 1 or 2 pm.... oh well. There's about 10 of us heading into it, should be good fun!

Heading down Friday afternoon looking foward to it (two of us Dublin based Donegal players going).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Howyas doin im headin to killarney myself should be great weekend i was just wonderin though have yas heard of the draw for the saturday ive been lookin everywhere and i can only get sundays draw

Advertisement