Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art History Predictions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 debz929292

kisaragi wrote:
    Basically you just talk about a gallery visit. The type of lighting they used, how info was displayed, talk about a work you enjoyed etc.

You can get all the exam papers at http://www.examintations.ie
    thanks for that!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

Yes, but I was highlighting the fact that the marks allocated for illustrations is only 20% (and a lot of the time its closer to 10%) of the overall marks. To say they represent a lot of the overall marks is misleading and a common misconception. I know loads of people who have spent 50% of their exams perfectly recreating the Mona Lisa only to realise they got 5 marks for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

It's really important to draw sketches to illustrate your points. I always draw and label diagrams to show what I'm talking about. BUT they don't have to be perfect at all, it's a written exam not a drawing one :) Most important things are the correct placement of figures and correct shape. No need to colour it etc...

Always do diagrams :) I'm sure that even if they're only worth 10 marks themselves, helping to illustrate something might add marks, you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Be@st

You can get a lot of marks considering perhaps the little work in sketching out an illustration. Anyway, for honors level, know Bronze Age & Crosses. Ordinary, not so sure, but I believe Newgrange came up last year for you guys(not too sure, heard through word of mouth.) And yep, any descriptive point you make in relation to piece of work, draw a sketch to support yourself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭-TK^Creator

Unsure as to this, which is ridiculous considering it's 5 hours away, but 3 questions? 1 Irish, 1 Euro, and 1 most likely regarding a gallery visit, no?

Don't hate, and thank you in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

well like ONE of the appreciation questions may be a gallery question. And yes you have ot do three questions...one from each section. I'm so pissed off!! Went in at nine for my art exam only to realise it is on at two!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭-TK^Creator

Praying for Picasso , Romanesque Gothic Cathedrals for euro.
    Bronze Age I assume is Irish question, thank you previous predictions if it comes up.

Bronze Age is horrible... My essay for it is 7 pages... how the hell can you memorize that and reproduce it in about 4 pages in 40 minutes??? I'm praying Louis le Brocquy and Robert Ballagh... if they don't come up I'm litterally screwed haha... Might be able to do a crosses question... guess I'll read through the bronze age at least.

Come on Massacio, Bernini or Botticelli for European...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Agri_trust

Im hoping for the bronze age I know it inside out. Going to go learn Le tene in a minute just incase.

If Caravaggio doesnt come up as a question or in the quick pick question im screwed.

Trying to remember all the things he falls under.

-Beroque
    -Post Renissance
    -Italian
    -Painting of a meal or feast
    -Revolutionary
    -Biblical painting
    -Chiascuro
    -Tenelism
    -Dreamer

Can anyone else add to that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

Bronze Age is horrible... My essay for it is 7 pages... how the hell can you memorize that and reproduce it in about 4 pages in 40 minutes???

Your essay? You shouldn't learn off an essay. Know the important points about the history side of it and know a few objects and about five points about each of them. be able to draw them (and label them) and you have all the information you need there.

Make sure you answer THE QUESTION and don't use your essay if a lot of it is irrelevant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 originalcupcake

LilyPool wrote:
    Why do you think these will come up? I'm hoping that they will but I just wanted to know.

just from analysing the papers thats just what i think is going to come up...i spose wel see soon enough anyway!!

Your essay? You shouldn't learn off an essay. Know the important points about the history side of it and know a few objects and about five points about each of them. be able to draw them (and label them) and you have all the information you need there.

Make sure you answer THE QUESTION and don't use your essay if a lot of it is irrelevant.

I don't learn off essays word for word, but say I have an essay on Da Vinci in which I've described 2 paintings, well if I know more or less what I said and know how to draw the paintings then I can adapt that to whatever the question is, you know? Plus I find that reading through essays I've already written is much better than going through the book since they're much more concise and I can note all the points that got a "tick" etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Splinkk

Right
    Have bronze age, and romanesque off. And know gothic fairly well.
    Gallery question is pretty much on the spot stuff, just knowing the layout and all that jazz.

Im afraid this exam will bring my practical down though =(

Advertisement