Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher english

Options
  • 04-06-2007 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hey I know i am leaving this to the last min but i need to get some notes on cultural context sample answers or anything i need to get a look at some good essays iv looked at scoilnet and them but none of them are any good . can anyone help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Me too, any help greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭kieranmcg1

Anyone . Can anyone even try and explain what it is about and what kinda of things i should be writing in my answers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Your Man

it depends what texts your doing really, but i plan to do a paragraph on the societies represented in general, marriage, work life of the characters, and discrimination in society, thats for DOAS How many miles to bablyon and reading in the dark,
    dont think youll get any essays at this stage, but when your writing it always mix and mingle the texts, ie dont write about one text for a whole paragraph, then another etc.

Use linking words..i.e This is similar to...a comparable point etc

not much there but good luck anyway

Your man, what will you write about exactly for Reading in the Dark please.

Thanks man

for social divide im gonna say stuff on sectarianism...the police beating the catholics and the way the catholic celebrations werent officially resognised while the prods ones were,
    For work life: the way the father couldnt go n the holiday cos he had to work,
    The role of women...deanes mother is a housewife etc
    actually youve made me realise i really need to go over it!

ill post again when ive it all gone over

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

You all must have really crap teachers.

Your Man wrote:
    for social divide im gonna say stuff on sectarianism...the police beating the catholics and the way the catholic celebrations werent officially resognised while the prods ones were,
    For work life: the way the father couldnt go n the holiday cos he had to work,
    The role of women...deanes mother is a housewife etc
    actually youve made me realise i really need to go over it!

ill post again when ive it all gone over

Would be much appreciated lad. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Emu McEmuerson

wait, yous never said what texts yous are comparing! *doh*

or wait, did you? lol.. I'm doing How Many Miles to Babylon/My Left foot and then Juno and the Paycock.

i think i have a few notes for them, if they're needed.. x :p

an poblacht:
    thats all i have really, dunno if itll be any use, depends on what other texts your doin,
    On work life im gonna say about the father loosing his pension after having a heart attack,
    Leisure Activities: the father was a champion boxer, deane played football in the local park, the parents rarely went out,
    thats all i have, gd luck

thanks lad

• Advertisement
Advertisement