Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car not listed on VRT

Options
  • 04-06-2007 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

I am trying to find out the VRT on my car on www.ros.ie , but my model is not on the website.

Its a 2000 Honda Civiv 1.8 VTi-S

they have the normal 1.8 VTI down and vrt is 2,200euro

The VTI-S is basically a limited edition of this car. (fancy paintjob, limited edition alloys, carbon dash inserts etc. )

Will they overcharge me based on this ? and how can I find out exactly how much i have to pay before i get a bank draft.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

I'd say yer safe with the poverty spec vti tax rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

They'll class it as the 1.8vti

The price is generally the same in the office as it is from the only quote,if its cheaper in the office they'l issue a check with the difference to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Just call the revenue office Tommorrow.Thats your best option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Great (well not exactly considering im getting robbed) - thanks for the replies, tahts what a few poeple have been tellin me but I think I will call tomorro to double check with them. But that seem to be the general idea anyway that itll go down as a regular 1.8 vti

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

drdre wrote:
    Just call the revenue office Tommorrow.Thats your best option
    make sure you have plenty of coffee and boards/newspaper/whatever in front of you as you could be waiting for a while before speaking to someone (who won't give a rats ass about your query). Been there as recently as last week!

• Advertisement

kbannon wrote:
    make sure you have plenty of coffee and boards/newspaper/whatever in front of you as you could be waiting for a while before speaking to someone (who won't give a rats ass about your query). Been there as recently as last week!

And we are paying these peoples over inflated wages.

Gotta love the public service in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

kbannon wrote:

:D

Advertisement