Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need a good solicitor

Options
  • 04-06-2007 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Ive been summonsed to court for some small motoring offences, and was just tryna find a decent solicitor who deals with them because most solicitors I have rang dont deal with traffic offences. Can anyone recommend one? Im gonna try some more tomorrow anyway but if anyone knows one with a good reputation send his number my way. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

How long before the pc brigade attack you and tell you to take your medicine? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Try John Quinn solictors in Dublin.There number is 01-8727360

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Thanks drdre, will give them a try have you used them yourself?
    Stephen I dont wanna say too much about the case but because of a garda lying, I may lose my license. But the thing is I have proof hes lying, so really need a solicitor for this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

Stephen wrote:
    How long before the pc brigade attack you and tell you to take your medicine? :D

about 15 mins i'd say,
    op is that a normal thing that solicitors dont take traffic offences?
    thats pretty bad form if thats the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Best of luck with it, Lorax.

• Advertisement

Yeah well I rang 6 or 7 around my local area, Blanchardstown Village and they dont deal with them. One of them gave me a number of a solicitor in town that deals with motoring offences, but he wasnt available at the time so waiting on a call back during the week. Id prefer to use one that has a good reputation though.

Lorax wrote:
    Yeah well I rang 6 or 7 around my local area, Blanchardstown Village and they dont deal with them. One of them gave me a number of a solicitor in town that deals with motoring offences, but he wasnt available at the time so waiting on a call back during the week. Id prefer to use one that has a good reputation though.

Can you please send me a pm with the contact details of the motoring offence solictor.

Does anyone know the solictor who gets celebs out of motoring offences.I heard he is based in dublin somewhere but cant find the details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You got a big sack of cash to burn dre?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

This wouldnt be as a result of you trying to get a 0-60 time for your Levin on the public road by any chance would it?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Stephen wrote:
    The PC brigade would have no justification for attacking the OP as the OP asked a simple question about finding someone to defend themselves as allowed under Bunreacht na hEireann.
    Any attacking will force the banning stick to come out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Lorax wrote:
    Ive been summonsed to court for some small motoring offences
    Lorax wrote:
    I may lose my license.

What small motoring offence would make you lose your licence? Aren't you are on provisional licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

DonJose wrote:
    What small motoring offence would make you lose your licence? Aren't you are on provisional licence?

I suppose it depends on how many points the OP currently has - if the small motoring offence is going to incur enough points to get a licence ban then it's gotta be worthwhile getting a competent brief to get the best possible defence - especially as the OP may have reason to contest the charge.

Lorax wrote:
    Thanks drdre, will give them a try have you used them yourself?
    Stephen I dont wanna say too much about the case but because of a garda lying, I may lose my license. But the thing is I have proof hes lying, so really need a solicitor for this one.

I have used them.Im still using them and have a court case comming soon.They are alright but i wouldnt say the best.I would have prefered to get a better solictor to get this case sorted earlier but its too late now so i am just hoping for the best.
    Good luck with your case

crosstownk wrote:
    I suppose it depends on how many points the OP currently has
    From his posts the OP is on his first year provisional licence, AFAIK he hasn't posted receiving any PP's, although he was pulled for "testing the 0-60mph" in his car while his buddy "was recording my speedometer with my camera phone".

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055049144&referrerid=&highlight=

Not attacking the OP but given his attitude to driving, I saw this coming.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

A lot of motoring defences are actually run by barristers(Junior Counsel) in the District Court.r.
    The instructing solicitor often does not attend. Barristers must be instructed by a solicitor before they can act however
    Michael Staines of the firm of solicitors of that name does a lot of Road Traffic defences himself. Also good and efficient is the firm of Garret Sheehan & Co.
    These are both major city centre based firms with a large emphasis on criminal defence work. These firms are much more suitable than any celebrity firms as they have a constant presence in the criminal courts. Other such firms are Terence Lyons & Co and Ferrys.
    A Junior Counsel who destroyed a guard in the witness box, in the District Court recently is Justin McQuade BL.
    Budget about €500 to €2000 depending on the team chosen.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

DonJose wrote:
    From his posts the OP is on his first year provisional licence, AFAIK he hasn't posted receiving any PP's, although he was pulled for "testing the 0-60mph" in his car while his buddy "was recording my speedometer with my camera phone".

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055049144&referrerid=&highlight=

Not attacking the OP but given his attitude to driving, I saw this coming.

I'm assuming a little here, but if the Gardai go to court suggesting the op was racing, or speed testing his car, then OJ Simpsons lawyers might have a job getting him away without a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

guess he needs a guy or gal used to devious ways

Thanks Jo King, that was a very helpful post.

I think DonJose should be banned for bringing that post up, totally irrelevant. Its something different. I cant really talk about it until after the case because it could also (and hopefully will) result in the garda losing his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

DonJose is showing a pattern to your driving, as will any half decent prosecutor.

What exactly is the Garda supposed to have lied about?

Lorax wrote:
    Thanks Jo King, that was a very helpful post.

I think DonJose should be banned for bringing that post up, totally irrelevant. Its something different. I cant really talk about it until after the case because it could also (and hopefully will) result in the garda losing his job.
    On what legal advice?
    You haven't a solicitor but reckon you can take down a garda? You're some man! Fair play to ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

KB, you old cynic, you!

Lorax wrote:
    I'm not the only person who brought up your boyracer antics, anyway after reading some of your other posts on boards.ie you deserve to lose your licence.

I think Lorax has managed to get their point across and should anyone know of a solicitor who can help bring change within the garda Siochana then please PM them.
    This thread is closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement