Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Just a knifes throw from Thomond Park" Nick Webb Sunday Independent

Options
  • 04-06-2007 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

SundayIndependent-20070603.jpg

Anyone know of contact information for Nick Webb of the Sunday Independent? me thinks a retraction of the offending statement is in order.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Dont really care been honest, Dont see why you
    do either squid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Usual ****e from the indo, then ?

Cue other tabloid headline - "Nickers talks through his arse again".

Of course, given the level of research that the Indo normally do for their headlines, I presume that Mr "Webb of Lies" has stood beside Thomond Park and thrown lots of knives in order to ensure that the headline and article that he put his name to is accurate ?

Or, more than likely, the Sindo is spouting the usual tabloidesque ****e that they have become known for, and any attempt to email them about slinging crap like this will be flatly ignored.

Of course, anyone interested in actual journalism would offer a "right to reply", but the Sindo won't; I emailed them about a similar way OTT headline last year and they neither acknowledged nor published it - so I just stopped buying the rag.

Basically, the Sindo isn't interested in facts or truth - just a smug headline.

Then again, maybe the poor sod is a Leinster rugby supporter and the fact that the Bank of Scotland is pulling the plug on the "Galacticos" [WTF] :rolleyes: is too much for the wimp to bear.......

If you're interested, though, email it to Ed Myers on Limerick Today at Live 95......he's pretty good at following up on rubbish like this - although the last time he tried the Sindo were too chicken to go on air to "justify" their blatant anti-Limerick slant......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

P.S. Email address for the Sindo is sunday.letters@independent.ie but, like I said, prepare to be ignored if you do contact them......typical trait of an ignorant bully.

EDIT: Scratch that.....I just got an automated reply:
    This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

sunday.letters@independent.ie

Reporting-MTA: dns;INDO-01-MAIL1.independent.local
    Received-From-MTA: dns;INDO-01-MSWIN.unison.independent.ie
    Arrival-Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 20:41:40 +0100

Original-Recipient: rfc822;sunday.letters@independent.ie
    Final-Recipient: rfc822;sunday.letters@independent.ie
    Action: failed

Curious.......that's the email address that is listed on their website......looks like they DEFINITELY don't like being challenged on bias.....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think this thread will probably give that article more publicity than the rag it was printed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

dont buy it, tell every one you know not to buy it, or any other of their mistakes for newspapers, yup a total ban no cash hurts the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

haven't bought it since there distasteful remarks on the garda who died a couple of months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

This was the same Sunday that was just after 4 people ended up in hospital after being stabbed, in Dublin in a 24 hour period yes?!::mad:
    One of whom has since died of course.
    And lets not forget the young woman stabbed in the neck a week ago either!

Oh sorry, I forgot that they weren't stabbings, they were "knife related incidents!!!":rolleyes:

Advertisement