Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel in Galway City?

Options
  • 04-06-2007 5:26pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking for a place to stay in Galway in early July - something central and comfortable etc.

Not looking for anything over the top, but obviously want a place with a good reputation for being clean, comfortable and good value.

Can anyone offer any recommendations?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Kristinaxxs

flogen wrote:
    Looking for a place to stay in Galway in early July - something central and comfortable etc.

Not looking for anything over the top, but obviously want a place with a good reputation for being clean, comfortable and good value.

Can anyone offer any recommendations?

Thanks.

Ooh I do! When I went over, I stayed in Fairgreen, which is just off Eyre Square, it's so good for value, and the rooms are gorgeous, the only downside is the view, but I was far too busy having nights out to care about that!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Take a look at the Galway Hotel Guide, it has (or had) reviews on it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ooh I do! When I went over, I stayed in Fairgreen, which is just off Eyre Square, it's so good for value, and the rooms are gorgeous, the only downside is the view, but I was far too busy having nights out to care about that!:)

I worked there for a few months when it opened back in July 2004.
    It's a good hotel and you basically get the same rooms as the Radisson but you're not paying Radisson prices.
    Good location as you're just off the city centre but you're not listening to hundreds of people hanging around Eyre Sq.

There was no bar (got abuse every night from residents over this:mad: ), so maybe check if there is a bar there now.

I see it's 110euro a room. Used to be 70euro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

On the other side of town, there's the House Hotel, the Spanish Arch hotel, and Jurys.

The House is probably the most expensive, but a couple of customers have spoken very highly of it, and I know first hand that the food is very good.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Thanks for the replies.
    Fairgreen looks nice, only problem is that the dates don't seem to be available according to the site (but after a bit of random checking I can't find any dates available in 2007!). Their phone is engaged and I've had no response to their email so I can't check any other way... are you all sure it's still open?!!!

Galway hotel guide has been a good help... Jury's and the House Hotel look nice too!

Any other suggestions welcome!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Prolly a bit late in the day but Harbour hotel by the harbour:) is quite good, 5 min walk literally from High st, about 90E per nite stay, in house bar & restaurant as well

Advertisement