Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slad ar na mbothaire plan?

Options
  • 04-06-2007 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

So, as above Im trying to write it now seeing as everyone is talking about it. Any good ideas on what to put in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭innocenteyesuk

You can use up about 100 words in the opening paragraph going on about how its a controversial topic being constantly debated and redebated by the media, politians and everyday people. We must find a solution to stop it. But what is the cause in the first place?

Talk about alcohol, young people who want to show off to their friends in their fancy cars, they go out and get drunk, they aren't aware of people around them and people get killed.

Talk about penalty points system being an action the government has taken which has been effective but not enough. We need to stand together and be unified against it. Talk about the TV adverts for death on the roads etc.

Umm...I'll keep thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

actually i desperately need vocab for this too! have a shocking teacher and only have 2 essays learned and not even that well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭maggie18x

actually i desperately need vocab for this too! have a shocking teacher and only have 2 essays learned and not even that well.

in your fiutas a haon book go to the comprehensions in it and there is one done on road carnage etc.im using it as an aiste coz deres deadly vocab in it.also check out the comprehension in the edco sample papers.deres a comprehension done on road safety etc done back two or three years ago.dats also relly good for info.
    whos ****tn irish??im bankin on road carnage and im doin an open ended story.i hope thats enuf!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

spelling it right would be a good start...
    slad ar na mbóithre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭maggie18x

cocoa wrote:
    slad ar na mbóithre

what are u banking on for irish?:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭innocenteyesuk

Everyone is so sure this is going to come up. Wouldn't it be very funny if it didn't....:eek:

I would love Meain Chumarsaide to come up, or Na Daoine Oga na linne seo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

am I the only one who hasn't ruled out going with the good old simple story????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Advertising, how it's designed to shock etc. You could talk about the new ad that's pretty sick lol.

Also what gardai are doing to help, breath tests teist anala, ceamara luas etc etc. Good chance to waffle about alcohol binging in ireland and stuff, and young people.

I'm learning Young People, Education system, some random sentences on social problems, and road deaths. Plan on fitting one or another in to WHATEVER debate or essay comes up.

Talk about the future of Iraq.

Well, they need an education system. Speaking of education systems...

'ar an abhar sin' will be used aplenty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

:D
    cocoa wrote:
    slad ar na mbóithre

Bastard! You got in ahead of me with that line! Fair play all the same!

Advertisement