Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to forward port - can't

Options
  • 04-06-2007 6:20pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been trying to forward a port for utorrent but can't seem to get it working.

My router is a Netgear WGR614v6 and I followed all the instructions on this page - setting up a static IP (which worked fine) and trying to forward the corresponding port used by uTorrent.

As you can see at the bottom of the page linked above, it tells me to put the Server IP address as 192.168.0.XXX, but when I enter that string of digits into the admin page for the router it tells me "Server IP must be a LAN IP address".

It works fine if I put it in as 192.168.0.XXX (and that would be the same IP address as my PC) but nothing else. So is the page just telling me to do the wrong thing, or is there something wrong with my router or set up?

I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but the modem I'm using is a zyxel prestige series 600 - as I said, though, the static IP setup went through fine and everything's connecting alright.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

The server address should be the same address as the pc you want to forward the port to

You need to log into the admin page of the modem and forward the port to the router and then forwardthe port from router to PC

Advertisement