Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun Dealers info required

Options
  • 04-06-2007 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭

Thinking about a supplemantry income.But not opening a shop ,but dealing in high price,high value guns.[why shovel gravel,when you can deal diamonds?]
    So,I have a small windowless room in a cellar.What else do you need legally ,from the Gardai,etc,etc to set up as a gun dealer.Also as a Dealer does that also allow you to repair,and make firearms?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Hi CG, I applied for a gun dealers licence afew years back. Got the form posted out to me but was then told it would cost me around 5-10 grand for an alarm system to keep the powers that be happy. more or less the same type of alarm system a bank has. Any of the older gun shops dont seem to have to comply just new ones setting up. needless to say I didnt take it any further. Would have to sell alot of guns to even break even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

CG,

I did the homework for this for ammo only about a year ago.. See thread link.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055054446&referrerid=&highlight=firearms+dealer

TJ911...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Cheers Trojan.
    Well, a natter with the local FAo.Is in order then..Bet he will be happy to see me again...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Cheers Trojan.
    Well, a natter with the local FAo.Is in order then..Bet he will be happy to see me again...:D

Well I'd buy from ya and give you all my business if you ever set up shop!
    The Setup in Limerick is pretty much crap and I would much rather buy
    from the likes of yourself with a passion and interest for shooing than
    a joe soap that has little or no interest in the sport.

Considering the fact that my local dealer in Limerick cannot even provide
    me with a simple batch of rifle cleaning patches things are pretty dire.

~B

Thanks for the confidence vote Bullets.:D
    Yeah,it is dire in Limerick,either Castleisland,or Tralee,or Cashel or Nenagh for the most basics.Kerry or Tip to get 9mm ammo.:mad:

• Advertisement

Kerry or Tip to get 9mm ammo.:mad:

Gun/Fishing dealer inside in the Milk Market mentioned he was planning on getting
    a 9mm Pistol for himself so if he does he may yet stock some
    Ammo.

~B

Hey look...!!!an entire squadron of flying Landrace pigs just flew by in perfect V formation!!!:eek: :rolleyes:
    THATS about as much credit as what I would put on the aforementioned fellow doing anything like that.Asked 3 times was he able to get such,and it was always a neg reply.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Hey look...!!!an entire squadron of flying Landrace pigs just flew by in perfect V formation!!!:eek: :rolleyes:
    THATS about as much credit as what I would put on the aforementioned fellow doing anything like that.Asked 3 times was he able to get such,and it was always a neg reply.:(

Have you tried Kevin in newmarket on fergus??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

bullets wrote:
    Steve ... mentioned he was planning on getting
    a 9mm Pistol for himself
    Hmmm. Eh, bullets, not to be a nervous nelly, but would that be enough information to identify "Steve" and maybe give him a reason to need a good house alarm system?

Guy would want to polish up his phone and dealing with potential first customer manner.:( .Rang him BH Mon evening .Got a spiel about the rules &regs of selling 9mm and all the paperwork required inc faxing copies of my liscense to him etc.Couldnt say what brands he had in stock,couldnt say what prices either.Got the impression he didnt want busisness or was too botherd.I know you lads said he was all right to deal with,but first impressions last.

Sparks,Steve is our local "gun dealer" so he would be known to all and sundry in Limerick.His shop isnt in the best area of town either.So he is well alarmed up already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Yeah Kevin is a character alright but I find him excellent on price.

As you say though if he hasn't treated you well then that's his mistake and loss of business.

Its weird though he struck me as exactly the type of guy you'd get along with.

Sparks wrote:
    Hmmm. Eh, bullets, not to be a nervous nelly, but would that be enough information to identify

Edited my post now. Said Dealer I have found to be very Friendly anytime
    I have gone into the shop but I have found it very frustrating that
    no matter what I have asked for he does not stock.
    he is more geared and interested in fishing stuff rather than shooting.

Simple stuff like Scope covers/Cleaning Rods/Patches/Solvents/30mm Rings are all
    not available in the shop. And instead of saying he could order some in, the
    response is Nope dont do em!

Only reason I go there is that I dont drive so cant travel far and
    as the shop is in town its handy for me to walk to while I
    am shopping.

~B

Not to mind the only gun dealer I have ever met who keeps his entire stock of guns in a catalouge!!! How can you buy a gun from a catalouge? A gun is personal to you,you have to try,feel,test,look at in real life.It is like saying you are wearing a custom suit you bought off the rack.:(
    Veg,
    I'll still try him,but it isnt the best way to attract new customers,being gruff on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

but it isnt the best way to attract new customers,being gruff on the phone.

Wait till you meet him so :eek: :D .

Seriously, Kevin's sound.Difficult to track down at the best of times but sound. Last time I was out with him he had plenty of pistol ammo about the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

Hi cg ive just recieved my paperwork from doj about my application for dealers licence,it has taken since feb to get this far
    i need to construct a strong room,a seperate room for ammo storage,fit a monitored alarm system with panic buttons and vibration sensors,a gsm dialer
    in case the phone line is cut,mass concrete ceiling ,and advised to fit a camera system although this is not a must.
    all i have to do now is find suppliers so i can stock my new venture

Fox,
    can you PM me specific details on alarms,and concrete depths,doors,etc
    Thanks
    CG

Advertisement