Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

In dash dvd player where?

Options
  • 04-06-2007 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Hey just wondering does anyone know any good sites or places to get a good yet cheap in dash dvd player a single one not doulbe as my car only has one slot.

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Halfrauds do a Ripspeed one for about 400 quid but ya get what ya pay for with them, my mate has one and it broke twice, ive a pioneer one over a year and it hasnt gone wrong yet, cost about 900 quid at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Yeah i saw them in halfords was looking at some on ebay alright

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I've heard a lot of bad things about the motorised screens on the Halfords units. don't seem too reliable. That said, I know a guy with a Pioneer satnav/dvd unit for 3 times the price that had the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

I've got one of the Ripspeed units from Halfrauds and it's been fine so far *touches wood, crosses fingers, etc.* My main complaint is that you can't remove the faceplate and they don't even give you a blanking plate to cover it with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

You can get a Pioneer dvd screen for less than a 1000 euro this days, also non brand for as much as 500.00 euro.

Myself I will go for the good brand.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

i have the ripspeed one aswell and have to say its been perfect, not a problem with it at all.,
    halfords are doing a special on a DVD player with built in 3.5ins screen and outputs for 2 more screens at the moment., i think its €220, i fitted one today for a mate and there not bad at all for the money.,
    ive heard of a lot of trouble with the ones from ebay though., there supposed to be ****.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

was going to start a thread about this but then found this one!

can anyone recommend an in car dvd player with a 7 inch screen? i dont want to go for a cheap unreliable one. the pioneer one sounds good. anyone know any place that sells them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

The Pioneer 5700DVD DVD player with touch screen for about 850.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 andy.s

ebay.com :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

theres immations going arould on ebay so be careful of that.,
    I couldnt be happier with my ripspeed motorised headunit., have it ages now and no probs, and i got it free too so even better.,lol.,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SecureSounds

Better off going with a branded item.

The cheap ones are a false economy as when they go wrong ( which they do ) servicing and parts will be impossible to get hold of.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭OKenora

Agreed, cheap ones are a great thing if they work and keep working. If they fail then be prepared to bin it as getting them fixed is usually a nightmare.

Stick to brand names with a service centre that at least speaks English well and preferably has a service centre nearer than Taiwan.

Advertisement