Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Video for performances

• 04-06-2007 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hopefully someone will be able to help me out with this. My mate is in a band and he asked me to look into how to do the following:

They're looking to be able to project live footage of themselves playing onto a screen behind the band and mix this with other footage / stills etc.

I've seen it done before where bands have mini cameras attached to the mic stands and the visuals guy is able to mix between different shots of the performance as he goes along.

What I want to know is:

1) What cameras would you use for this? Wireless mini-webcams or something?

2) Do you need some kind of video server / other doohickey to accept the 4 signals onto a laptop?

3) What software would you use to mix images live and interspace with other footage / stills?

4) I know Mac has this kind of stuff sewn up - but is there any good video editing software for PCs that's cheapish?

I know literally NOTHING about this, so any advice gratefully received - thanks for your patience!

Advertisement