Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what size frame?

Options
  • 04-06-2007 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey was just wondering what do people on the forum reckon what frame a 190cm/6'3ish guy should be using?I'm currently using a 61cm but I've got a good deal on a 59cm bianchi,reckon I could 'squeeze' on to this with pout destroyin my hamstings as I'll be doing about 15 hours a week on it over the off season?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

With the correct seatpost and stem that should be no problem. There are a lot of variables to consider : Inner leg, flexibility, reach and so on, but in general that should be fine, I am just back from a cycle with a mate, he is 6'3, I helped him buy a 58cm sintesi, stanard geomotry, we had to put a 120mm stem on and move the saddle up and back, but it fits like a glove now. Make sure you have an extra long seatpost, plus some steerer tube to play around with. Hopefully you get a saddle with long rails which should allow you plenty of room for adjustment

Advertisement