Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was banned for being a woman!

Options
  • 04-06-2007 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

I was posting on a thread in Humanities, and the moderator, Corinthian, didn't like my comments, obviously, because he has banned me! I copied what he wrote, below. Is this a valid reason for being banned on Boards.ie?
    The thread is "Paedophiles are not Perverts".
    If I've posted this in the wrong place, could you send me to the proper one, please?
    I am particularly unhappy with the fact that Corinthian is prejudiced against women, and obviously against Muslims too! I am not, by the way, Muslim.
    This is the last thing he wrote in a reply to a post of mine:

"Let me put it this way. From your nick, I'd take it you're female. If I were brought up in one of a number of the more fundamentalist Muslim countries, my conscience would be telling me that you really should be, at best, ignored. After all, you're only a woman."

And now, when I log in, Humanities is invisible!
    All advice appreciated.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

We would really need to see that in context .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You probably want Feedback (under Sys) also The Corinthian doesn't moderate Humanities as far as I am aware so couldn't have banned you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

1. The Corinthian is not the mod of Humanities
    2. You mis-interpreted his post
    3. He is not prejudiced against women or Muslims, at least not from that comment
    4. Legal Discussion forum? WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭maireadmarie

What do you mean by context? I can show you the thread and my posts, if you llike.
    But I think I really need to take your advice and contact management :)

JC2K3, perhaps you might explain about it to me, since you were in the discussion at the time, if I'm not mistaken.

• Advertisement

Ibid, just saw yours now. It would definitely be a legal matter, I think. I'm going to test it out, anyway. All the way to the top, lads.

So you're going to take Boards to court?

I wouldn't recommend that.

That won't be necessary, I've just found out.
    Thanks for your concern, though.

By the way, Ibid, on my computer, Moderator is written under Corinthian's name.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

As you have threatened Boards with legal action, you will most likely be banned permanently.

He is a moderator of other fora. So are you going to take this further?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Yes but look beside Mod it says 'Italiano (Italian), Mobiles & PDAs, Web Hosting, Wireless' those are the forums he moderators and nothing more. Humanities moderators are listed on the forum, zenith, amp, MiCr0, gandalf, contact one of them regarding your ban. Moving this to Feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

/ brings popcorn over to the feedback forum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Who let you out of the kitchen etc. etc. etc. May as well let that get out of the way!

I think you're being overly sensitive. I'd be quite surprised if that comment was meant seriously.

feylya, you are wrong.

Thank you all for trying to help - eh, are you all going to be lawyers in the future, by any chance?

Goodnight, all.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

feylya, you are wrong.

Care to explain why?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

feylya wrote:
    Care to explain why?

Cos she's a woman and they're always right?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ibid, just saw yours now. It would definitely be a legal matter, I think. I'm going to test it out, anyway. All the way to the top, lads.

Jesus, take it handy on the oul acid.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well a quick look over that thread and your last contribution to it brought up this gem
    I think the term for you is psychopath

That is classed as personal abuse and is a banning offense on most forums. I am surprised you did not get a PM from the mod that banned you as thats normal practice.

I suggest that you withdraw the legal comment as well. The Admins of the site take threats like this very seriously and will more than likely ban you permanently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Fun_Cat_Caturday2.jpg

EVERY day is Caturday, when someone acts the idiot on Feedback! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Mods don't always give PM's for bans though. I've been banned twice without a PM. Latest was only last week but haven't gotten around to PMing the mod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It might also be to do with your posting of "Giant Positive Thought" spew.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

fecking women getting their knickers in a bunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

This thread had epic win written all over it, and BOY/GIRL (c, me no sexist) has it delivered. Roll on the cats.

stfu_noob.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Guys can you give up all the crap. The OP had every right to query their banning as they did not receive a PM. At this stage I am assuming its for personal abuse unless the mod that banned her posts their reason here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

That won't be necessary

Well, boards is a private forum in which you're a guest, and the moderators can ban anyone they choose. They're not legally accountable for kicking you out of a private party.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Guys can you give up all the crap. The OP had every right to query their banning as they did not receive a PM. At this stage I am assuming its for personal abuse unless the mod that banned her posts their reason here.

I think most people are reacting to the threat of legal action.

Could have been this random thread;
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055102398

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

OP as Ruu said, if you really want to query it then the Feedback forum is one method, although I would advise you to PM all the mods first politely asking why you were banned without making accusations on why you think you were banned!

To be fair, I can see spam, and abuse from this character, not to mention legal threat in this thread. Whoever did actually ban her, was completely right to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

By the way, Ibid, on my computer, Moderator is written under Corinthian's name.

stfu_noob.jpg

I would have done a cute cat picture, but the legal threats is taking the piss.

LK

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement