Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was banned for being a woman!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

And I'm taking it all on board, believe me.
    Don't worry too much about appearances, I mean it :)

Mairedmarie: I am just a dumb, linearly minded male. So i need some clarification on what exactly are you meaning by such posts.
    It would be nice if you could spell it simply as i am somewhat dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭N8

seamus wrote:
    I can confirm that you've both been banned from Humanities, but I can't confirm why.

As far as I can see, MiCr0 was keeping a good eye on that thread, so it's most likely that he was the one who banned you.

PM him and ask him nicely if he did it, and if so why.

Cheers seamus (and we have crossed swords - emotive topic)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

N8 wrote:
    Funny can't get into the thread "Paedophiles aren't perverts" thread myself.

If I have been banned it wasn't Corinthian and if I were it could only have been because I asked a poster was he a paedophile.

The posterin question has since answered he is a paedophile.

link or shut up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Being a dumb male. all I think about is this:

wifebeerkm5be7.jpg

Damn me for having a penis, and thirsty liver.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I was banned for being a woman. Outrage. :anger:

• Advertisement

I was banned for being a woman. Outrage. :anger:

You where banned cause you where a crap lay.

I knew a woman once, I ignored her, for she was female and I am male, she eventually went away.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Boston wrote:
    You where banned cause you where a crap lay.

I knew a woman once, I ignored her, for she was female and I am male, she eventually went away.
    'I'm a man, you're a woman, we're just too different.'

N8 wrote:

Actual post, Have to say thats more then a little disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

psi wrote:
    I love how all the boards guys go on these mad brave sexist jokeathons and then leer and drool over anything that looks remotely female at a boards beer.

Ah you were just getting pissed off with all the attention :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

"Let me put it this way. From your nick, I'd take it you're female. If I were brought up in one of a number of the more fundamentalist Muslim countries, my conscience would be telling me that you really should be, at best, ignored. After all, you're only a woman."

I guess you have to meet the chap to realise he isn't being offensive. I don't agree with what he says (a lot of the time) and likewise with him, but he isn't being rude here, just making a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Thanks for your phone call Mairead.

I am currently investigating the reason for your ban from the Humanities forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Please note that registering multiple accounts is not allowed. These new accounts have been banned.

Edit: Mairead has since explained that these were family members. Unbanned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Neither gender has a monopoly on newbies or eejits or troublemakers

True but there are a lot less female posters on boards so one dumb bint is a higher % of the female posters and due to the site being male heavy in posters
    who will as notice the 1 or 3 dumb bints over the more sensible female posters
    it can have a knock on effect.
    RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I find the perception that that would be the case indicates a sexism with the boards.ie system, and is far more worrying than the OPs case.

Ever seen how often the threads slamming women and Irish women come up so regularly on AH ? each full of such sexist stereotypes and frankly those threads would not last for long if their targets were irish men.
    RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Do female users have a precarious relationship with male users regarding respect and the unwritten rules of behaviour?

No more then any women in a environment that has a lot more males then females and is seen as a male preserve/hobby/interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Thaedydal wrote:
    due to the site being male heavy ...

It is thin in hair though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Cloud wrote:
    Thanks for your phone call Mairead.

Wow, escalation. More popcorn may be required:D :rolleyes:

amp wrote:
    Users have rights now?

OP was banned by me for pimping something to do with positive thought or something. Just straight forward spamming and not SHOCK HORROR because she's female.

Bring on the dancing cats!

Can you explain why I was banned? I did PM you and ask.

Pity the thread has been closed where and when it was. I believe it gives the last word to a self declared paedophile and apologist and without allowing proper reply.

ie this:
    Boston wrote:
    Actual post, Have to say thats more then a little disturbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Why was the thread closed? Amp you said it was riddled with personal abuse but where was it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Damn you amp, I had just crafted a detailed and highly intelligent point-by-point deconstruction of DragonGeo2's argument* and you went and locked the thread.

Anyway - this thread was a lot of fun. More cats plz!!!1

*This is not true, but at least now I can pretend that it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

flogen wrote:

kittyhoohah.gifkittyjump.gif
    kittyledge.gifkittypeanutbutter.gif
    kittypounce4.gifkittypunchout.gif
    pouncingcats.gifkawaii.gif
    kittydefendsfood.gifkittydoze.gif
    kittyfreakedout.gif

• Advertisement

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    kittyhoohah.gifkittyjump.gif
    kittyledge.gifkittypeanutbutter.gif
    kittypounce4.gifkittypunchout.gif
    pouncingcats.gifkawaii.gif
    kittydefendsfood.gifkittydoze.gif
    kittyfreakedout.gif

Beautiful.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭maireadmarie

Thank you for your courtesy, Cloud.
    I have just been told by Amp why I was banned - in fact, Amp, one notice asking people to meditate/pray for a little girl is not spam as I understand it, perhaps we have different definitions of spamming. If you had a problem with it, why didn't you ban me immediately, and remove my post, even if you didn't want to explain? There is something not quite straightforward about this. Instead the post was left there, for some people to have a good laugh at - I'm sure Madeleine would like to share in the fun. The other poster who updated the notice for me this morning has not been banned, and if she is I shall feel responsible for asking her to help.
    I'll just end by saying that I am quite disappointed in the coldheartedness of some Irish people today in a country our ancestors fought and often gave their lives for. However, I am very proud of my sons, Spaceman 1, who was also banned, (although he had nothing to do with the 'positive thought' post, interestingly enough, but he did post on the 'Paedophile' post), and one who shall be nameless, because he stood up for me and wasn't banned.
    There is a houseful of people here, mostly students, and like myself they all enjoy Boards.ie and please God will continue to do so, and we will all continue to put our points across where possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

N8 wrote:
    Can you explain why I was banned? I did PM you and ask.

Pity the thread has been closed where and when it was. I believe it gives the last word to a self declared paedophile and apologist and without allowing proper reply.

ie this:

I banned you because Humanities is a place for intelligent, rational debate.

I see absolutely no evidence that the author of the post you link to has confessed to being a paedophile or that s/he is apologising for paedophilia. I see an intelligent, rational discussion of the topic.

The poster did say they were a paedophile, don't know if that is a bannable offence though eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

There is a houseful of people here, mostly students, and like myself they all enjoy Boards.ie and please God will continue to do so, and we will all continue to put our points across where possible.

I would ask that if you decide to post in Humanities you be very aware that it is for intelligent, rational debate, no matter how emotive the topic. If you have meetings that you wish to publicise that you do it in an a more appropriate forum.

The straight forwardness of your banning stems from the fact that you posted this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055102398

And then posted in the Paedophilia thread with the same topic, which I have since removed. That is my definition of spam.

However giving that I have closed the original thread, I am going to lift the bans on N8 and yourself and would ask you both to remember the function of the Humanities forum.

Thank you for your courtesy, Cloud.
    I have just been told by Amp why I was banned - in fact, Amp, one notice asking people to meditate/pray for a little girl is not spam as I understand it, perhaps we have different definitions of spamming. If you had a problem with it, why didn't you ban me immediately, and remove my post, even if you didn't want to explain? There is something not quite straightforward about this. Instead the post was left there, for some people to have a good laugh at - I'm sure Madeleine would like to share in the fun. The other poster who updated the notice for me this morning has not been banned, and if she is I shall feel responsible for asking her to help.
    I'll just end by saying that I am quite disappointed in the coldheartedness of some Irish people today in a country our ancestors fought and often gave their lives for. However, I am very proud of my sons, Spaceman 1, who was also banned, (although he had nothing to do with the 'positive thought' post, interestingly enough, but he did post on the 'Paedophile' post), and one who shall be nameless, because he stood up for me and wasn't banned.

It's quite clear that amp explained your banning privately, and yet you decide to take the discussion publicly. Why is this? could you have a valid reason or might you just be looking for more attention?
    amp wrote:
    I see absolutely no evidence that the author of the post you link to has confessed to being a paedophile or that s/he is apologising for paedophilia. I see an intelligent, rational discussion of the topic.

DragonGeo2 did - N8 said "are you a paedophile" and s/he said:
    DragonGeo2 wrote:
    While it appears to me that you are attempting to discredit me using that accusation, I'll answer honestly:
    Yes, I am.

amp wrote:
    I banned you because Humanities is a place for intelligent, rational debate.

About half way down:

Originally Posted by N8
    Rüdiger Lautmann a well known paedophile apologist.

Safe Haven (www.shfri.net), the website from where you quoted, is a well known website for paedophiles pushing for law change to allow sexual relations between adults and children.

This is the first thread you have joined on boards.ie so it is obviously an attractive subject for you. Your references are clearly supportive of paedophilia.

Are you a paedophile?

DragonGeo2 wrote:
    While it appears to me that you are attempting to discredit me using that accusation, I'll answer honestly:
    Yes, I am.

flogen wrote:
    Damn you amp, I had just crafted a detailed and highly intelligent point-by-point deconstruction of DragonGeo2's argument* and you went and locked the thread.

*This is not true, but at least now I can pretend that it is.

I had actually ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

amp wrote:
    I see absolutely no evidence that the author of the post you link to has confessed to being a paedophile

He did.... as pointed out in the post above.....

One user said that the post was closed at an inappropriate time, as the paedophile, who was obviously in the minority , and bound to be the subject of curiosity and some anger, got the last say more or less.

Where is the personal abuse that resulted in the thread being locked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭maireadmarie

Flogen,
    I think the link you are mentioning was to do with another poster, easy to get confused, I know.
    Amp only explained a short time ago why I was banned. He explained in public. I have had no communication with him privately, I assure you! In fact, I didn't even know he was the moderator.
    Did I really post re. my positive thought on the paedophile thread? I must be crazy -

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Is it time to close this thread now that mairead has been told her reaosn for the ban?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement