Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plath-Critics Needed,5 Page answer, sorry, I'm a noob

Options
  • 04-06-2007 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Sylvia Plath is an overtly contemplative poet who ignores the concept of mediocrity through her evocative, innovative and emotive ambiguity when speaking of her painful existence. She found an intricate balance between the deeply metaphorical and suitably philosophical when addressing the human flaws of vanity, self obsession, narcissism and our unrelenting unwillingness to accept fading beauty and an inescapable death. Her expressive language is unsettling, yet intoxicating, as within the reader it creates an insatiable need for self discovery, which is why I believe Plath to be such a distinguished poet, despite the adversity she faced simply when thinking, looking in a mirror, or even looking into the eye of her infant child.

Conclusion, it's not actually 5 pages of my writing, I deleted that as it was disappointing and unworthy of boards, gl and cheers for the welcome criticism.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Why did you delete it?

I'm going to say that 5 pages is probably a bit too much for a 50mark question... remember that you also have your single text, comparitive and unseen poem to get through!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Can we criticise that post instead?

Advertisement